Obsolescence is Nothing New

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Obsolescence is Nothing New
(22-02-2016 10:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 03:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  By process of elimination - somewhere, there's a guy who gets up out of bed everyday, looks himself in the mirror -- and realizes that he's looking at the schmuck who was the last guy in history to graduate from TV Repair School...........

And he's going to lunch today with his brother in law -- the last guy to go to Beeper Repair school....

So what careers do you see, that have as much future as a typewriter repair technician???

I went to USCG Radioman's School -- and learned among other things, how to send and receive Morse code...... Not a real hot item for a resume these days....

I can build, test, debug, program, troubleshoot RS-232, RS-422, RS-423, RS-485 hardware and software - OS drivers and apps. Big Grin

Hardly useful today. Weeping

And yet, it sounds so impressive. Consider

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-02-2016, 04:32 AM
RE: Obsolescence is Nothing New
(22-02-2016 03:53 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I know how to piece, repair cassette tapes and repair and rebind books.

That reminds me of another obsolete skill I have --- I know how to cut and edit open reel audio tape.....(I did a radio show on KMXT in Kodiak Ak, and did my own editing)

another - I know how to process film and develop slides, or prints (including poster size). The room this computer is in, used to be my darkroom.....

Not a lot of call for either of those....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply