Obsolete and/or Useless Talents

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: Obsolete and/or Useless Talents
(10-04-2015 07:54 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Knowledge of animals

WeepingWeeping

Not true my biologically gifted friend. I was going to say I know several hundred fish names in Latin but for me that's not obsolete. Wait till you go and become a biologist, all that knowledge will become very useful.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2015, 07:58 PM
(10-04-2015 07:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Are you my husband? Blink

I can be whoever you want me to be!
10-04-2015, 08:00 PM
(10-04-2015 07:58 PM)Bad Wolf Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 07:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Are you my husband? Blink

I can be whoever you want me to be!

Well, okay then....

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-04-2015, 08:02 PM
I can sex parrots - most of the time. I swear some of them are cross gendered.

I can cook most anything and make it taste good, without ever looking at a recipe or watching the time. ( I do watch the food though Tongue )

I can understand and read some languages - English and German being the main ones, but also Dutch and Danish and Italian and Spanish and Latin. Most of them need to be refreshed - it's been eons since I used them. I used to be able to read and speak basic Arabic - I have forgotten it all, can't even read it anymore. I'd take a refresher course, but there is no point to it anymore.

I can whistle songs I heard once or twice 50 years ago, even though I have no idea what they are called or who sang them.

The cooking is still useful. The rest - not so much.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-04-2015, 08:03 PM
(10-04-2015 07:57 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 07:54 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Knowledge of animals

WeepingWeeping

Not true my biologically gifted friend. I was going to say I know several hundred fish names in Latin but for me that's not obsolete. Wait till you go and become a biologist, all that knowledge will become very useful.

Well until i leave science is obsolete.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-04-2015, 08:04 PM
I can get 9 hours sleep and still be exhausted for the whole day.
10-04-2015, 08:06 PM
I make Dennis the Menace look like an amateur with a slingshot.

'Murican Canadian
10-04-2015, 08:11 PM
No but in all seriousness now, it's a useless talent as I am neither a professional thief or locksmith but I can pick locks. It's not anywhere as quick or easy as you see in TV and movies.
10-04-2015, 10:21 PM
(10-04-2015 08:04 PM)Bad Wolf Wrote:  I can get 9 hours sleep and still be exhausted for the whole day.

Sounds like you have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I have that and it sucks. I also have insomnia where I can go for days on just two or three hours of sleep a day. I hate it.
10-04-2015, 10:38 PM
Yakherder! How fast is your Rubik's cube time? I can do it in less than two minutes. Not crazy impressive, but good enough for people who can't do it at all Big Grin

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post