Obsolete and/or Useless Talents

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: Obsolete and/or Useless Talents
(10-04-2015 10:15 AM)Bad Wolf Wrote:  I can make fart noises with my hands!

A kindred spirit! I can do that too, as well as wiggle my ears. I also have the uncanny ability to make those around me feel very uncomfortable.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
11-04-2015, 05:49 AM
(11-04-2015 04:13 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Wait a second, why are people listing "speaking/understanding multiple languages" in this thread? Dodgy

(10-04-2015 11:03 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I think I need a picture. I'm over here contorting my lips trying to figure out what you mean Tongue

Ok but only the first trick (the second one makes me look hideous Sleepy ) Tongue

[Image: trick.jpg]

Oh what! That's easy. Lol. I was imagining something beyond my abilities.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
11-04-2015, 06:16 AM
(11-04-2015 05:49 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 04:13 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Wait a second, why are people listing "speaking/understanding multiple languages" in this thread? Dodgy

Ok but only the first trick (the second one makes me look hideous Sleepy ) Tongue

[Image: trick.jpg]

Oh what! That's easy. Lol. I was imagining something beyond my abilities.

Pics or it didn't happen! Big Grin But hey, this is the obsolete and useless talents thread. XD

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
11-04-2015, 06:50 AM
Re: Obsolete and/or Useless Talents
I can sew. I can also grow and can almost anything. I know just about every edible wild plant in my region. Might be useful if we didn't live in the modern world.

Wouldn't do it now, but I can dress and process a full size deer in two hours by myself.

I studied entomology for years on my own, always hoped for a career. My memory is lapsing now, but I used to could look at any regional insect and tell you the order it came from, it's preferred habitat and diet, complete life cycle, and known management techniques.

I can take any word or phrase and twist it into something obscenely perverse. Very useless in certain company. Big Grin
11-04-2015, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 07:02 AM by DLJ.)
Yeah... tap dance.
Yeah... the eyebrow thing
Yeah... Rubik under 2 mins.

And I can turn my tongue over.

Cool

As for useless / obsolete... I know how to crimp coax, twinax, Wang, thick and thin ethernet cables.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
11-04-2015, 08:26 AM
The same day that I posted about licking my elbow, my daughter and I were watching Good Mythical Morning (our favorite show together) and we stumbled upon this one:
Things Most Humans Can't Do
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YIwhOT5RkME

Licking elbows is in there, as well as some tongue tricks. How many of these can you do? Let's talk about that.

(I'm not sure of the customary way to post vids on TTA, so for now I'm just doing the link.)
11-04-2015, 08:43 AM
(11-04-2015 08:26 AM)Exian Wrote:  The same day that I posted about licking my elbow, my daughter and I were watching Good Mythical Morning (our favorite show together) and we stumbled upon this one:
Things Most Humans Can't Do
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YIwhOT5RkME

Licking elbows is in there, as well as some tongue tricks. How many of these can you do? Let's talk about that.

(I'm not sure of the customary way to post vids on TTA, so for now I'm just doing the link.)

Up to you Tongue

From that list I can:

Wiggle my ears
Raise either eyebrow
Tongue lip xD
Flare nostrils (but almost everyone can do this... I can't wiggle the nose though)

I can't do the clover tongue (never tried) but I can make the vertical tongue! Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
11-04-2015, 09:05 AM
I can purr, like a kitten. Big Grin

I have this really fun thing I like to do when we have to schlep the kids to the store. If they act out of line, I start singing, very badly and off key on purpose, very loudly. In my song, I sing about all of the embarrassing things I'm doing to the kids and they have to stand there and listen to me.

Works wonders because well, two are pre-teens and one is a teenager and they HATE when I do this. Oh well. Behave and I won't have to embarrass you.
[+] 1 user Likes Judi Lynn's post
11-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Well, I can bend just the first joint on each finger and make my eyes vibrate back & forth rapidly. Neither ability has yet proven very advantageous, financially or otherwise although world domination is not yet out of the question.

(10-04-2015 08:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  I can cook most anything and make it taste good, without ever looking at a recipe or watching the time. ( I do watch the food though Tongue )

I have the exact opposite talent. I can take an explicit recipe and extreme care and consistently cook things that are essentially inedible.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
11-04-2015, 09:49 AM
(11-04-2015 09:23 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Well, I can bend just the first joint on each finger and make my eyes vibrate back & forth rapidly. Neither ability has yet proven very advantageous, financially or otherwise although world domination is not yet out of the question.

(10-04-2015 08:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  I can cook most anything and make it taste good, without ever looking at a recipe or watching the time. ( I do watch the food though Tongue )

I have the exact opposite talent. I can take an explicit recipe and extreme care and consistently cook things that are essentially inedible.

You are not alone. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat