Occupy Everything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Occupy Everything
This place hasnt got a "worldwide revolution" section......so at a loss I post it here. Blush

Im interested to hear you opinions on whats going on at the moment with the "occupy wall st" movement.........it has fractured off and now "occupations" are cropping up everywhere.

Over here in the UK its gonna start kicking off October 15th........thats when a lot of "occupations" are set to begin and the closest one to me is 10 miles away and I plan on attending it for as long as possible.

Has anybody here attended any marches??? Do you think its a good idea??? More importantly do you think its worth it and will anything come of it???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2011, 02:20 PM
RE: Occupy Everything
(11-10-2011 02:16 PM)bemore Wrote:  This place hasnt got a "worldwide revolution" section......so at a loss I post it here. Blush

Im interested to hear you opinions on whats going on at the moment with the "occupy wall st" movement.........it has fractured off and now "occupations" are cropping up everywhere.

Over here in the UK its gonna start kicking off October 15th........thats when a lot of "occupations" are set to begin and the closest one to me is 10 miles away and I plan on attending it for as long as possible.

Has anybody here attended any marches??? Do you think its a good idea??? More importantly do you think its worth it and will anything come of it???

World Revolution! If you want inspiration go to my thread and watch the video
Is there one in North West like around Lancashire?

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
11-10-2011, 02:26 PM
(11-10-2011 02:20 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  World Revolution! If you want inspiration go to my thread and watch the video

I have watched your vid.....sorry I didnt comment but it is a brilliant video.

http://www.15october.net has listings of just some meets and gatherings.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
11-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Revolutions come, even if delayed. Maybe this one isn't ripe yet, but the signs are promising. I also expect a lot of head-bashing, unlawful arrests, pepper spraying, water and sound cannons, tazering, kettling, arm-twisting, dragging and kicking by police - all contested much, much later; nearly all unpunished and no amends made (they usually throw one constable and one sergeant under the legal bus).
The F(orces)O(f)E(vil) don't lie down that easy. Pols will make promises and break them again; people will calm down until the pain gets too bad again. This is a preview; the main event is a 2-5 of years off yet.

I won't be in the vanguard this time. And you dear kids, try to be safe!

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
11-10-2011, 02:29 PM
(11-10-2011 02:26 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(11-10-2011 02:20 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  World Revolution! If you want inspiration go to my thread and watch the video

I have watched your vid.....sorry I didnt comment but it is a brilliant video.

http://www.15october.net has listings of just some meets and gatherings.

Oh it's not mineBig Grin

Thanks!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
11-10-2011, 02:52 PM
I only widgets protesters had an answer. They aren't coming off well to me. Anyways maybe this thread would be better suited to the world news section. Pants.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2011, 02:59 PM
(11-10-2011 02:28 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Revolutions come, even if delayed. Maybe this one isn't ripe yet, but the signs are promising. I also expect a lot of head-bashing, unlawful arrests, pepper spraying, water and sound cannons, tazering, kettling, arm-twisting, dragging and kicking by police - all contested much, much later; nearly all unpunished and no amends made (they usually throw one constable and one sergeant under the legal bus).
The F(orces)O(f)E(vil) don't lie down that easy. Pols will make promises and break them again; people will calm down until the pain gets too bad again. This is a preview; the main event is a 2-5 of years off yet.

I won't be in the vanguard this time. And you dear kids, try to be safe!

Yes I agree Peterkin that this one isnt "ripe" yet. There are a lot of passionate people out there but there is also a lot of people who dont know.....or simply dont care.....or a mixture of them both.

In the UK we have recently had more quantitive easing (£75 billion) which is obviously another attempt to paper over the cracks, which in reality is simply going to increase the cost of living further by weakening the sterling. Im guessing that this will take around a year or more and by then I think a lot more people will be angry and suffering by then.......hence increasing the numbers even further.

In the conspiracy community there has been talk of an "awakening" for a few years which to be honest I scoff at.........like people dont allready know how inherently evil a lot of people and corporations are in there dealings.....its just people simply choose to ignore it and concentrate on something more "important" (something egotistical) However people ARE starting to acknowledge these problems simply because it has started to affect there pockets..........which is sad because I would rather people stand up for what is right......not what is cost Sad

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
11-10-2011, 04:15 PM
I wasn't able to actually march, but I did spend my lunch hour supporting my local occupiers last week. It was a really positive event. I think about 5,000 people marched? No arrests (except for some dickbags who graffitied a building and a police car). The city is relaxing some of the laws so that the occupation can continue, and the police aren't trying to provoke anyone. It's got a completely different flavor to it than the usual protests. I think it might be because the people involved really are the 99%. They aren't all hippies this time around. It was awesome to see our unions out there too.

Like Peterkin said...this probably won't change much, but it's the beginning of something BIG. The revolution will probably start and stop over the next few years...but this is too critical to give up on.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
11-10-2011, 04:34 PM
What's the whole 'occupy' thing you all on about? Am I missing something?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
11-10-2011, 05:41 PM
It's the Occupy Wall Street protest that is in New York City...and which has spread to hundreds of cities across the U.S. and the globe...

Not sure where you live, but it's a huge deal here in the U.S.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan