• 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2011, 09:23 PM
RE: Occupy Everything
Canada, too.

Our side:
occupy Bay Street

and theirs
sneer

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm in England, hadn't heard a thing about it. I'll read up on it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
12-10-2011, 08:38 AM
It has begun.

Boston

12-10-2011, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 09:00 AM by bemore.)
(12-10-2011 07:36 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'm in England, hadn't heard a thing about it. I'll read up on it.

Prime example of censorship of the mainstream media. There has been a few videos on the BBC and ITN but they dont really show the scale of it.
(12-10-2011 08:38 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  It has begun.

Boston

Police beat Boston war veterans

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
12-10-2011, 10:45 AM
I wonder if an outspoken, charismatic, leader will rise during this so called revolution to well...lead.
Also I don't consider this a real revolution. A quote best describes why.
"In revolution, blood must be spilled. Don't you think?" (Oldking).

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
12-10-2011, 11:18 AM
(12-10-2011 07:36 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'm in England, hadn't heard a thing about it. I'll read up on it.

Protesters in England have organized Occupy the London Stock Exchange. Looks like it starts on the 15th at noon. Hopefully the news there will report it...

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
12-10-2011, 11:35 AM
(12-10-2011 10:45 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  I wonder if an outspoken, charismatic, leader will rise during this so called revolution to well...lead.

Maybe. If so, s/he will have one helluva time reaching everyone via facebook, youtube and twitter - 'coz you can be damn sure the mainstream news won't broadcast any rousing speeches.

Quote:Also I don't consider this a real revolution. A quote best describes why.
"In revolution, blood must be spilled. Don't you think?" (Oldking).

Oh, blood will be spilled. Just a trickle this time. It's only a dress rehearsal, as the Toronto G20 was a casting call.

12-10-2011, 12:14 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/...45634384/1

http://inequality.org/t/societal-impacts/

Sorry Ludacris! I can't resist...

The Occupy Movement is very serious here in the states. I think people are starting to wake up to the fact that we have become a plutocracy.

The 99%er's (middle class and lower) are under-paid and over-worked. The middle-class pay the highest percentage in taxes. The 1%er's (Rich or Wealthy), who Republicans like to call 'job creators', pay historicaly low tax rates.

They want to pay even less, which means the burden is shifted to the 99%er's. We cannot shoulder this any longer. The inflation rate is currently at 3.8% and expected to climb before the year is out. Yet on average, our salaries have only seen a 2% raise. This seem scenario has been playing out for years. In 2009, compensation grew by 1.3, but prices rose 2.7%. The middle class is rapidly becoming the poor.
The 'job creators' last year gained 27% increase in their salaries. Little known fact: when a CEO lays off part of their work force, they get a bigger bonus and a higher salary, since they have taken 'the appropriate cost cutting measures'.

"It's called the American dream, because you'd have to be asleep to believe it."
George Carlin

Heart Be good for goodness sake!
12-10-2011, 12:30 PM
(12-10-2011 12:14 PM)beeluv Wrote:  http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/...45634384/1

The Occupy Movement is very serious here in the states. I think people are starting to wake up to the fact that we have become a plutocracy.

The 99%er's (middle class and lower) are under-paid and over-worked. The middle-class pay the highest percentage in taxes. The 1%er's (Rich or Wealthy), who Republicans like to call 'job creators', pay historicaly low tax rates.

They want to pay even less, which means the burden is shifted to the 99%er's. We cannot shoulder this any longer. The inflation rate is currently at 3.8% and expected to climb before the year is out. Yet on average, our salaries have only seen a 2% raise. This seem scenario has been playing out for years. In 2009, compensation grew by 1.3, but prices rose 2.7%. The middle class is rapidly becoming the poor.
The 'job creators' last year gained 27% increase in their salaries. Little known fact: when a CEO lays off part of their work force, they get a bigger bonus and a higher salary, since they have taken 'the appropriate cost cutting measures'.

"It's called the American dream, because you'd have to be asleep to believe it."
George Carlin

I didn't mean to imply that the reasoning behind recent events isn't serious. It's very serious and for a long time I have stated that nothing is going to get fixed until there is complete change.

My only issue is that what is being done right now is accomplishing nothing other than mild discomfort and some serious complaining. We get it, there's a big problem. So who wants to step up with a fix? A plan. Something concrete other than ten thousand voices all screaming dissent? It never gets anyone anywhere.

I'm all for revolution, but first things first, agree on what we want. Otherwise we will just end up revolting, and recreating the same problems. I'm a big fan of organization and lists. I like prioritizing things in the interests of efficiency. This occupy BS is too disorganized for my liking. No clear goal in mind other than make it better mmmkay.

You can't chop off everyone's head, so let's decide who's head need chopping instead of swinging that old executioners axe around eh?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2011, 12:43 PM
(12-10-2011 12:30 PM)lucradis Wrote:  
(12-10-2011 12:14 PM)beeluv Wrote:  http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/...45634384/1

George Carlin

I didn't mean to imply that the reasoning behind recent events isn't serious. It's very serious and for a long time I have stated that nothing is going to get fixed until there is complete change.

My only issue is that what is being done right now is accomplishing nothing other than mild discomfort and some serious complaining. We get it, there's a big problem. So who wants to step up with a fix? A plan. Something concrete other than ten thousand voices all screaming dissent? It never gets anyone anywhere.

I'm all for revolution, but first things first, agree on what we want. Otherwise we will just end up revolting, and recreating the same problems. I'm a big fan of organization and lists. I like prioritizing things in the interests of efficiency. This occupy BS is too disorganized for my liking. No clear goal in mind other than make it better mmmkay.

You can't chop off everyone's head, so let's decide who's head need chopping instead of swinging that old executioners axe around eh?

I do agree that the movement seems disorganized. I firmly believe that there is a plan behind the protests. If you remember, the tea baggers (tea party - the republican political group) started much the same way. It'll be interesting to watch it all unfold until the 2012 presidential election.

Heart Be good for goodness sake!