Och aye the noo'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Och aye the noo'
Morning, all.

Ockham's Razorboy here; I'm a Scottish university student in my third year (which means I'm going to have to join the real world soon, FSM help me), and I'm focusing my dissertation work next year on British freethought in the early 20th Century.

I'm also pretty terrible when it comes to introductions on forums, and thus I really don't know what else to add.

So, um... hi?

"Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad.

But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue."
- David Hume
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2012, 08:07 PM
RE: Och aye the noo'
You may be bad at intros, but I'm way worse at replies, as evidence I prov

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
17-05-2012, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2012 08:20 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-05-2012 07:51 PM)ockhams_razorboy Wrote:  Morning, all.

Ockham's Razorboy here; I'm a Scottish university student in my third year (which means I'm going to have to join the real world soon, FSM help me), and I'm focusing my dissertation work next year on British freethought in the early 20th Century.

I'm also pretty terrible when it comes to introductions on forums, and thus I really don't know what else to add.

So, um... hi?

"Are ya a Mathmetician too then", " and a 'foine' evnin to ya" said the boy whose father's family is from the Bonny Banks, (Loch Lomond), and grandmaw is straight from County Clare. ..er actually, what are ya doin' up so late ? Go to bed !
BTW I like Hume. I am just starting to read him, but I really like his thing about the "unexamined/unspoken premise". It's my pet peeve, as you will know doubt see, if ya stick around. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
17-05-2012, 08:18 PM
(17-05-2012 08:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Are ya a Mathmetician too then", " and a 'foine' evnin to ya" said the boy whose father's family is from the Bonny Banks, (Loch Lomond), and grandmaw is straight from County Clare. ..er actually, what are ya doin' up so late ? Go to bed !

But there are too many cool things on the internet to look at. SLEEP CAN WAIT.

"Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad.

But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue."
- David Hume
17-05-2012, 10:28 PM
(17-05-2012 07:51 PM)ockhams_razorboy Wrote:  I'm a Scottish university student in my third year (which means I'm going to have to join the real world soon, FSM help me)

Strangely enough, the FSM himself is Scottish and also a moderator on the forum.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
18-05-2012, 04:37 AM
I heard my name being mentioned. Ah another scot welcome to the forum. Our numbers grow each day *maniacal laugh*.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
18-05-2012, 08:22 AM
(18-05-2012 04:37 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I heard my name being mentioned. Ah another scot welcome to the forum. Our numbers grow each day *maniacal laugh*.
This is how Scots laugh maniacally.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
18-05-2012, 12:28 PM
(18-05-2012 08:22 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  This is how Scots laugh maniacally.

Scottish laughter sounds like "McHahahahaha". Which would also be the title of a joke book If McDonalds started printing them.

[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
18-05-2012, 12:32 PM
(18-05-2012 12:28 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 08:22 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  This is how Scots laugh maniacally.

Scottish laughter sounds like "McHahahahaha". Which would also be the title of a joke book If McDonalds started printing them.

I'm a dork. I forgot to attach the video of a over the top Sean Connery impression on Saturday Night Live and now that I'm at work, I'm blocked from streaming media. Sad
Use your imaginations, kids. It's hilarious stuff!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
18-05-2012, 03:18 PM
(18-05-2012 12:32 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Consider I'm a dork. I forgot to attach the video of a over the top Sean Connery impression on Saturday Night Live and now that I'm at work, I'm blocked from streaming media. Sad
Use your imaginations, kids. It's hilarious stuff!

Shhince erx forgot to poshht the vid with the shhean Connery impreshhion. We will need to ushhe our imaginaionshhs.

[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post