Odd Pizza Ideas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2015, 08:29 AM
Odd Pizza Ideas
I made one a bit different last night - turned out great...

(I suppose pizza really is like sex -- some good, some great -- few really bad)

Sweet and sour breast meat chicken pre-cooked with onion, garlic and orange bell pepper.

Coat your crust with the above - then add small chunk pineapple - and cover with mozzarella.

Cook 20 min at 375.

Goes great with an IPA beer......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-05-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Odd Pizza Ideas
(15-05-2015 08:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I made one a bit different last night - turned out great...

(I suppose pizza really is like sex -- some good, some great -- few really bad)

Sweet and sour breast meat chicken pre-cooked with onion, garlic and orange bell pepper.

Coat your crust with the above - then add small chunk pineapple - and cover with mozzarella.

Cook 20 min at 375.

Goes great with an IPA beer......

Do you make your own pizza crust? I sometimes just use lavash bread--gets pretty crispy if you like it that way.
15-05-2015, 09:32 AM
I made a dried fruit and nut dessert pizza once. I added a bit more honey to a traditional focaccia recipe and worked the dried fruits (candied pineapple, dried apricots and sour cherrie -- something else..hmmm) into the dough. Used lots or extra virgin olive oil, topped it with a bit of grey salt and sliced almonds.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Re: Odd Pizza Ideas
I make a pizza with light sauce, and cover it with pineapple, black olives, and baby spinach. Mmm.
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
15-05-2015, 10:09 AM
(15-05-2015 09:52 AM)mecanna Wrote:  I make a pizza with light sauce, and cover it with pineapple, black olives, and baby spinach. Mmm.
That sounds like just what the doctor ordered, I'll be expecting my delivery within the hour Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
15-05-2015, 10:15 AM
(15-05-2015 08:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Do you make your own pizza crust? I sometimes just use lavash bread--gets pretty crispy if you like it that way.

I use Krusteaz's Italian-herb flatbread mix. It's pretty good and doesn't sog out. One box will get you two pizza crusts.

A couple of pizzas I made back in February: homemade marinara, grape tomatoes, spinach, fresh basil, red onion, mozzarella, and feta cheese. I think I sprinkled some dry salame on the one on the right.

[Image: tak4jm.jpg]
15-05-2015, 10:27 AM
(15-05-2015 10:15 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-05-2015 08:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Do you make your own pizza crust? I sometimes just use lavash bread--gets pretty crispy if you like it that way.

I use Krusteaz's Italian-herb flatbread mix. It's pretty good and doesn't sog out. One box will get you two pizza crusts.

A couple of pizzas I made back in February: homemade marinara, grape tomatoes, spinach, fresh basil, red onion, mozzarella, and feta cheese. I think I sprinkled some dry salame on the one on the right.

[Image: tak4jm.jpg]

Yeah, I tried making my own (buckwheat) pizza crust--kind of a disaster lol. Now I just whip out the lavash and throw some daiya, pizza sauce, mushrooms on it and am good to go!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-05-2015, 10:40 AM
(15-05-2015 09:52 AM)mecanna Wrote:  I make a pizza with light sauce, and cover it with pineapple, black olives, and baby spinach. Mmm.

I think you said you were vegan right? If so, we should exchange recipes Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-05-2015, 10:53 AM

I have -- but it's simply too easy to buy it from the local grocery's deli -- who make excellent crust daily -- for 2 bucks.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-05-2015, 11:13 AM
I had a pretty tasty yet odd pizza once at a gourmet place in Seattle, it had a garlic sauce, arugula, "soft egg" and prosciutto. It was breakfast-y and delicious. I guess at a high enough temperature the raw egg cooks just enough to cook the whites but leave the yolk soft. It's probably a bit difficult to get the right temperature, but I might try it on my own someday.

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson