Odd Pizza Ideas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2015, 01:05 PM
RE: Odd Pizza Ideas
(15-05-2015 11:13 AM)MustangManda Wrote:  I had a pretty tasty yet odd pizza once at a gourmet place in Seattle, it had a garlic sauce, arugula, "soft egg" and prosciutto. It was breakfast-y and delicious. I guess at a high enough temperature the raw egg cooks just enough to cook the whites but leave the yolk soft. It's probably a bit difficult to get the right temperature, but I might try it on my own someday.

mmmm... sounds nice. I might try making it myself some day.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2015, 04:06 PM
I have been making pizza a lot lately. Got tired of delivery pizza. I buy packages of three small crusts and we make our own with whatever toppings we each want.

Years ago, when my husband and I were first married and really struggling we had what must have been the worst pizza in the world. We had one of those crusts in a can, like whop biscuits...some sauce and cheese but otherwise a shortage of toppings. The kids were gone for the evening and we were starved. He ended up making a bologna pizza.

We now compare any awful food with how bad it is compared to bologna pizza. I also figure things could be worse if we aren't resorting to that. Rainbow Vomit

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-07-2015, 02:26 AM
Oooh I want a pizza with alfredo sauce instead of marinara, regular mozzarella layer and then: blue cheese, mushrooms, and onions! Drooling
20-07-2015, 06:03 AM

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
20-07-2015, 08:58 AM
(15-05-2015 04:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have been making pizza a lot lately. Got tired of delivery pizza. I buy packages of three small crusts and we make our own with whatever toppings we each want.

Years ago, when my husband and I were first married and really struggling we had what must have been the worst pizza in the world. We had one of those crusts in a can, like whop biscuits...some sauce and cheese but otherwise a shortage of toppings. The kids were gone for the evening and we were starved. He ended up making a bologna pizza.

We now compare any awful food with how bad it is compared to bologna pizza. I also figure things could be worse if we aren't resorting to that. Rainbow Vomit

When you guys from overseas say "bologna", do you mean ragù?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
20-07-2015, 09:34 AM
There was a little pizza place in Lawrence, KS, that made a thin wheat crust pizza, topped with a white (alfredo?) sauce, three (white) cheeses, grilled chicken, spinach, artichoke, onions, mushrooms, and black olives. It sounded awful, when my friend ordered it, but it turned out to be one of the tastiest things I've ever eaten.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
20-07-2015, 09:49 AM
(20-07-2015 08:58 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  When you guys from overseas say "bologna", do you mean ragù?

I think they mean the deli meat bologna aka baloney. You might think they mean bolognese, which is a type of ragu. Americans think marinara is ragu, but real marinara is a seafood sauce. Mari (mare) means sea in Italian.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2015, 09:55 AM
(20-07-2015 09:49 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 08:58 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  When you guys from overseas say "bologna", do you mean ragù?

I think they mean the deli meat bologna aka baloney. You might think they mean bolognese, which is a type of ragu. Americans think marinara is ragu, but real marinara is a seafood sauce. Mari (mare) means sea in Italian.

Lol Will, I'm Italian. Tongue

By the way, marinaro means "related to the sea", as in maritime. "Alla marinara" is like saying "the way sea people (sailors) do". And yes, "Bolognese" is a type of ragù, maybe the most famous abroad, but not the only one.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
20-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Yep, I know you're Italian. :-)

I was just letting you know what bologna is here.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2015, 10:02 AM
(20-07-2015 09:59 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Yep, I know you're Italian. :-)

I was just letting you know what bologna is here.

Ah ok, since you were explaining to me the meaning of Bolognese or "mare" I thought you didn't know I was Italian. Tongue

I prefer when you guys say "bologna" instead of "baloney", though. Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post