Odd Pizza Ideas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2015, 10:14 AM
RE: Odd Pizza Ideas
(20-07-2015 10:02 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 09:59 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Yep, I know you're Italian. :-)

I was just letting you know what bologna is here.

Ah ok, since you were explaining to me the meaning of Bolognese or "mare" I thought you didn't know I was Italian. Tongue

I prefer when you guys say "bologna" instead of "baloney", though. Tongue

There you go showing off again Marcello Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-07-2015, 10:15 AM
(20-07-2015 10:14 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 10:02 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Ah ok, since you were explaining to me the meaning of Bolognese or "mare" I thought you didn't know I was Italian. Tongue

I prefer when you guys say "bologna" instead of "baloney", though. Tongue

There you go showing off again Marcello Tongue

LMAO Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
20-07-2015, 10:18 AM
Big Grin Tongue
20-07-2015, 10:56 AM
Poly, when you read about these types of pizzas being made, does it make you cringe?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2015, 12:33 PM
(20-07-2015 10:56 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Poly, when you read about these types of pizzas being made, does it make you cringe?

In general, it happens, yes. Weeping

In this particular thread, not really. I mean, the "weirdest" thing I've read in this thread is chicken on pizza. I think I can safely say I've ever seen/heard it here. At face value, I have to admit I'm a bit perplexed. I don't feel it fits the "pizza-y" atmosphere lol but I can't say I'd never try it (depending on the rest of the toppings). I love trying new foods. So there's that.

Also, one thing I've heard being present only in the US (not sure if somebody does it here, but I seriously doubt it) is the cheese-filled crust.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
20-07-2015, 12:36 PM
(20-07-2015 12:33 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 10:56 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Poly, when you read about these types of pizzas being made, does it make you cringe?

In general, it happens, yes. Weeping

In this particular thread, not really. I mean, the "weirdest" thing I've read in this thread is chicken on pizza. I think I can safely say I've ever seen/heard it here. At face value, I have to admit I'm a bit perplexed. I don't feel it fits the "pizza-y" atmosphere lol but I can't say I'd never try it (depending on the rest of the toppings). I love trying new foods. So there's that.

Also, one thing I've heard being present only in the US (not sure if somebody does it here, but I seriously doubt it) is the cheese-filled crust.

You can't have too much cheese on something....

I submit - you could eat a bowling ball if it had enough cheese on it...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
20-07-2015, 12:49 PM
When I was a kid we used to spend 3 weeks out of the year in Italy, in what was a fishing village back then.

The only pizzas I remember were all seafood pizzas. Unfortunately I was too young to register what all ingredients there were, but damn, to this day it's engraved in my memory as the best pizzas ever! I haven't actually even seen any seafood pizzas since. Yet I remember the taste....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
20-07-2015, 01:06 PM
(20-07-2015 12:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  When I was a kid we used to spend 3 weeks out of the year in Italy, in what was a fishing village back then.

The only pizzas I remember were all seafood pizzas. Unfortunately I was too young to register what all ingredients there were, but damn, to this day it's engraved in my memory as the best pizzas ever! I haven't actually even seen any seafood pizzas since. Yet I remember the taste....

Seafood pizza is great! ...as long as the seafood is properly preserved lol

What was the village's name? Do you remember it?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
20-07-2015, 01:41 PM
I thought the chicken pizza sounded like a terrible idea, too. (Wasn't real keen on the whole wheat crust, either.) Almost didn't try it, despite my love of strange foods. In the end, that love is what won me over, and I'm glad I did. It was delicious!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
20-07-2015, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2015 02:46 PM by Dom.)
(20-07-2015 01:06 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 12:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  When I was a kid we used to spend 3 weeks out of the year in Italy, in what was a fishing village back then.

Seafood pizza is great! ...as long as the seafood is properly preserved lol

What was the village's name? Do you remember it?

Not sure of the spelling, I wasn't spelling much back then, but sounds like Cabbicce Mare? There was also a Cabbicce Monte. Rimini was in the general area too, we passed through that just before reaching Cabbicce. In later years they turned into big, ugly tourist spots and we quit going there in the early 60s because of that. We used to go to the harbor when the fishermen came home in the eve and they would fry up some of their catch right on the boat and sell it right there... yum, good dinners! I have very fond memories of the place, but, alas, it doesn't exist anymore. Well, not the way it was then.

Oh, and the pizzas were fresh made as you waited, with the catch that just came in that evening. Nothing preserved. They also had a wonderful fish soup. And langustinos. And... oh, just yum!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man