Odd occurence this morning.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Odd occurence this morning.
So I was waking up from taking a nap because I had a headache and have been throwing up. As I was waking up I saw a giant spider, about the size of an average hand crawling up the wall across my room and a few seconds later it disappeared. Scared the living hell out of me. i think it was just a hallucination but kind of scared to think it wasn't though I have never personally seen a spider that huge in my 20 years of living. You think it could have been a hallucination and if so what could have caused it?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2014, 09:15 AM
RE: Odd occurence this morning.
(10-05-2014 08:33 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  So I was waking up from taking a nap because I had a headache and have been throwing up. As I was waking up I saw a giant spider, about the size of an average hand crawling up the wall across my room and a few seconds later it disappeared. Scared the living hell out of me. i think it was just a hallucination but kind of scared to think it wasn't though I have never personally seen a spider that huge in my 20 years of living. You think it could have been a hallucination [Yes] and if so what could have caused it? [Your brain]

Cause? A shadow in the corner, an eyelash in front of your eye, the remnant of a dream, ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2014, 09:19 AM
(10-05-2014 09:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 08:33 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  So I was waking up from taking a nap because I had a headache and have been throwing up. As I was waking up I saw a giant spider, about the size of an average hand crawling up the wall across my room and a few seconds later it disappeared. Scared the living hell out of me. i think it was just a hallucination but kind of scared to think it wasn't though I have never personally seen a spider that huge in my 20 years of living. You think it could have been a hallucination [Yes] and if so what could have caused it? [Your brain]

Cause? A shadow in the corner, an eyelash in front of your eye, the remnant of a dream, ...

Can't be the first two, I saw it straight on, I saw legs, it was black with white spots on it, the way it crawled was life like, it looked too real to be a shadow or an eyelash. Could be the remnant of a dream though, i did see a real, though not nearly as big spider earlier so maybe i had spiders on my mind and I have a fear of them so that maybe caused me to hallucinate a spider.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-05-2014, 11:01 AM
(10-05-2014 08:33 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  So I was waking up from taking a nap because I had a headache and have been throwing up.

Do you have fever? Fever can easily cause hallucination.
If you've been throwing up, you can become dehydrated which can contribute to hallucination. Drink lots of water.

How long has this been going on? Why haven't you seen a doctor for this malady?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-05-2014, 11:18 AM
(10-05-2014 11:01 AM)kim Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 08:33 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  So I was waking up from taking a nap because I had a headache and have been throwing up.

Do you have fever? Fever can easily cause hallucination.
If you've been throwing up, you can become dehydrated which can contribute to hallucination. Drink lots of water.

How long has this been going on? Why haven't you seen a doctor for this malady?

Headache, don't think it's a fever though, just sinus infection and yeah I could have been dehydrated and about a week and just don't have the time, my mother works all week and I can't go anywhere because we share a car. I figured it would just eventually get better and it has to a point.

10-05-2014, 11:36 AM
I am thinking that you if are seeing giant spiders in Michigan, you haven't gotten 'better enough'. Get thee to a doctor.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-05-2014, 11:45 AM
(10-05-2014 11:36 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I am thinking that you if are seeing giant spiders in Michigan, you haven't gotten 'better enough'. Get thee to a doctor.

When I get the chance.

10-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Rehearsing a memory reinforces it.

Whatever you might have seen - in a brief, fleeting instant without your mind fully engaged - likely bears no resemblance whatsoever to your unconsciously reconstructed image.

... this is my signature!
10-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Considering you'd just woken up, and were feverishly sick on top of that, you'd be really discombobulated.

If you have poor eyesight this can be a huge contributor, particularly people who are near-sighted will often see things bigger than they appear far away from them.

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
10-05-2014, 03:35 PM
(10-05-2014 08:33 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  So I was waking up from taking a nap because I had a headache and have been throwing up. As I was waking up I saw a giant spider, about the size of an average hand crawling up the wall across my room and a few seconds later it disappeared. Scared the living hell out of me. i think it was just a hallucination but kind of scared to think it wasn't though I have never personally seen a spider that huge in my 20 years of living. You think it could have been a hallucination and if so what could have caused it?

Do you live in Australia?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]