Odd question for flood believers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Odd question for flood believers
Hey all, I just had an odd thought regarding the "great flood" that I plan on throwing out to a friend of mine.

Noah took 2 (or 7) of every living thing that breathed through its nostrils and according to Genesis 6:20, this included birds. Question: What kept other birds that did not go on the ark from simply landing on top of it and waiting out the flood? Certain birds could have survived on the dead bugs floating on the surface, others could have survived by eating fish coming up to eat the bugs. It sounds like a silly question, but...I'm not the one proposing a great flood now am I?

"Now I don't want to be sane either, but I'm just saying there may be other delusions and hallucinations worthy of consideration before jumping to an irrational conclusion, that's all."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2013, 10:44 AM
RE: Odd question for flood believers
(13-06-2013 09:36 AM)Fisty_McBeefpunch Wrote:  Hey all, I just had an odd thought regarding the "great flood" that I plan on throwing out to a friend of mine.

Noah took 2 (or 7) of every living thing that breathed through its nostrils and according to Genesis 6:20, this included birds. Question: What kept other birds that did not go on the ark from simply landing on top of it and waiting out the flood? Certain birds could have survived on the dead bugs floating on the surface, others could have survived by eating fish coming up to eat the bugs. It sounds like a silly question, but...I'm not the one proposing a great flood now am I?

I think the general idea is that any birds not in the ark who were flying in the air were beat down by the rain and drowned. Or, Noah just had a good pellet gun.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
13-06-2013, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2013 11:01 AM by Bucky Ball.)
All massive floods have silt layers.
There is no world-wide silt layer. Anywhere.
There is not even a local silt layer in the Near East.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

13-06-2013, 11:20 AM
(13-06-2013 10:52 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  All massive floods have silt layers.

Miraculous floods do not leave silt layers.
There is no silt layer.
Therefore Noah's flood was miraculous.

Checkmate, atheists!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 9 users Like Chas's post
13-06-2013, 11:23 AM
God works in mysterious ways and blah blah blergghhh

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
13-06-2013, 11:24 AM
They weren't birds, they were angels.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
13-06-2013, 11:28 AM
(13-06-2013 11:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Miraculous floods do not leave silt layers.
There is no silt layer.
Therefore Noah's flood was miraculous.

Checkmate, atheists!

Crap. Now I'm a christian again. Thanks alot, Chas. Angry

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post
14-06-2013, 10:57 AM
This wasn't just a flood. There was a geological upheaval that changed the entire topography of the word. The flood was just one stage of this event during which the world was covered by water.

http://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2012/01...-water-go/

God's invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

blog
14-06-2013, 11:06 AM
(14-06-2013 10:57 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
This wasn't just a flood. There was a geological upheaval that changed the entire topography of the word. The flood was just one stage of this event during which the world was covered by water.

That's almost hilarious.

There is not only no evidence of that, there is no evidence of a mechanism for that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-06-2013, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2013 11:53 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-06-2013 10:57 AM)theophilus Wrote:  

Wrong again, deluded one.
Archaeologists and geologists have excavated the layers of human civilization and natural phenomena, (rocks, mountains etc etc) WAY past any possible flood dating. There is not a shred of evidence for what you lie about. Not only that, but "Biblical" sites, (Jerrico etc.) have also been excavated by archaeology WAY past the date of any possible Biblical food, (ie 12,000 to 20,000 years of human settlements), and there is not a shred of "geological upheaval" or flood, OR, ANY evidence for ANY interruption for continuous human settlement. Before you make up your fairy story, try to get the facts right. You should also read/listen to Prokofiev's "Peter and the Wolf" (The Boy Who Cried Wolf). You see, if you lie blatantly, the next time you attempt to say something, even if it might be true, no one will believe you. I realize you Christians believe in "the ends justify the means" morality, (just as the liars who wrote your scripture did), and if, by lying, you can get more people to buy into your bullshit, then "it's all good", but it really just makes you look bad in the end. If your god is so weak, she needs you to lie for her, you really should consider going to the mall, and finding another one.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rly-church

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post