Of Black Bears & Sasquatches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Of Black Bears & Sasquatches
I think when you ponder about these two (black bears & sasquatches) you might begin to see some parallels between believers and non-believers.
If you ask the average person "Do you believe that black bears exist" ? You will probably get a puzzled reaction and then "Ya they exist. Are you mental" ?
If you ask them why they believe that black bears exist, the answer is very simple. "We have evidence of their existence. People hunt them. They can be found in zoos. Lots of information about them can be found if you go look. Their population numbers around 450,000 in the US with another 420,000 in Canada. These are estimates of course, but it's also quite a lot. So for someone to deny that bears exist, would exhibit a total disconnect with observed reality.

Now let's look at sasquatches. Has a body ever been found ? No. Has anyone ever captured one ? No. We have some fuzzy pictures and eye witness accounts who say they have seen one, but as far as any real evidence, we don't have anything close to the evidence we have for bears, but yet people still believe that sasquatches exist.

We have a million time more evidence for evolution than we do for black bears and people still deny the truth of evolution.
When you compare evolution (observed reality) to religious creation it's like comparing black bears to sasquatches.

For a population of anything to exist that is as large as a bear and yet no one has ever captured, shot or found skeletal remains of, you have got to put that into the category of "Probably doesn't exist"

There is no evidence for your god - no matter what god you believe in.
Your god is not a black bear. It's a fricken sasquatch.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Rahn127's post
06-07-2012, 05:18 PM
RE: Of Black Bears & Sasquatches
All hail, Sasquatch. [Image: genuflection.png]

[Image: sasquatch.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Who still hunts for sasquatches these days? Just get some gadgets from Radio Shack and market yourself to cable networks for a "ghost hunting" reality series.
06-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Well... if it's any consolation, Theistic Evolutionists and Evolutionary Creationists are on the rise in Christian communities. YECs, OECs, and PCs are starting to die off... literally (most older Christians hold these beliefs).

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-07-2012, 07:10 PM
(06-07-2012 07:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Well... if it's any consolation, Theistic Evolutionists and Evolutionary Creationists are on the rise in Christian communities. YECs, OECs, and PCs are starting to die off... literally (most older Christians hold these beliefs).
While that maybe a step in the right direction, half as crazy is still crazy.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
06-07-2012, 07:45 PM
I fucking love sasquatches. Just letting you know. Don't badmouth them or we'll have problems.

All hail the sasquatch.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
06-07-2012, 08:51 PM
LOL - All hail the sasquatch !!!!

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
06-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Just watching river monsters the other day and he went looking for a shark in which there have only ever been 20 caught and they were only discovered about 20 years ago. And that is actively hunting. Not to mention that fossil records are nowhere near complete. Not to mention there is fossil evidence of gigantopithicus which was an early hominid that stood around 10 ft tall (albeit 100 thousand years ago and in Asia) On average a new species is discovered in the Galapagos and in central Congo every day. To claim something doesn't exist, especially if there is a strong tradition of folklore in the area can be lead you astray. And not everyone says there is no evidence for God

P.S. there is not more evidence of evolution then there is for Black Bears. sorry.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
07-07-2012, 10:16 AM
There be dragons.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
07-07-2012, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 10:32 AM by Thomas.)
[Image: sasquatch.jpg]

This is a guy who fears Velcro

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post