Of Black Bears & Sasquatches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2012, 12:02 PM
RE: Of Black Bears & Sasquatches
Somebody has been watch "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet, 8:30 Saturday.
Those people are to put it blunt, fucking out of their minds.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
08-07-2012, 04:03 PM
(06-07-2012 09:48 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  P.S. there is not more evidence of evolution then there is for Black Bears. sorry.

Every bit of information we have about every species on earth when compared to earlier dated information about every species on earth is information on Evolution.
The information we have on 8.7 million species is vastly MORE than than the information we have on one species.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
09-07-2012, 12:51 AM
I've always so badly wanted to wear a Sasquatch suit and jump out of the forest along a major highway in the middle of now wear and then jump back in. Everyone has phones and cameras on hand these days that I'm sure it could cause some drama. Every time I drive through BC, Canada I wish I brought a suit. Yup, these are the things I think when I drive. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
09-07-2012, 03:57 AM
(09-07-2012 12:51 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I've always so badly wanted to wear a Sasquatch suit and jump out of the forest along a major highway in the middle of now wear and then jump back in. Everyone has phones and cameras on hand these days that I'm sure it could cause some drama. Every time I drive through BC, Canada I wish I brought a suit. Yup, these are the things I think when I drive. Big Grin

Exactly the same thing came to my mind, but, unlike you, I also remembered that people have guns as well, so I jump out of the woods, and instead of camera, off my head goes. BLAM!

Not a good idea, funny, but pretty dangerous.

Consider

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
09-07-2012, 09:22 AM
(06-07-2012 09:48 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Just watching river monsters the other day and he went looking for a shark in which there have only ever been 20 caught and they were only discovered about 20 years ago. And that is actively hunting. Not to mention that fossil records are nowhere near complete. Not to mention there is fossil evidence of gigantopithicus which was an early hominid that stood around 10 ft tall (albeit 100 thousand years ago and in Asia) On average a new species is discovered in the Galapagos and in central Congo every day. To claim something doesn't exist, especially if there is a strong tradition of folklore in the area can be lead you astray. And not everyone says there is no evidence for God

P.S. there is not more evidence of evolution then there is for Black Bears. sorry.
Gigantopithicus wasn't an early hominid, it was an ape. It may have lived up to 100,000 years ago, but that is not certain, what seems more certain is that it existed in that area for millions of years but how recently ago it died out it is up for debate.

There were other large hairy mammals here in North America that would be more likely candidates for a sasquatch, like the giant tree sloth, but they too have been extinct for sometime. It may be true that humans have grasped onto these legends and perpetuated them in modern society, despite the fact that the animals they are based off of are long extinct.

The reality is that while new species are discovered everyday all around the world, the majority of the new species come from areas that are unexplored and the majority of these are not large land mammals, because it would be very difficult to miss those. A lot of them are ocean-dwelling organisms and insects, while some "new" species are the result of "old" species being split into new groups and subspecies.

Big Foot is an urban legend that while still plausible, only remains plausible because it is not possible to prove the nonexistence of something. It is supposed to still be alive, but despite the fact that it inhabits one of the most populated countries in the world, it has never given us more than a few footprints, grainy photographs and video, and some "eye"-witness accounts. Each of these explainable without the need for a big foot. Especially since the popular video has been reported to have been a hoax where a popular special effects artist in LA has admitted to making the suit, the tracks are easy to fake given plaster molds, and people have never seen this thing close-up but always seem to have heard something large moving around, and they always seem so certain it couldn't have been a bear despite the fact that this thing is proposed to be as large as one and bears can stand on their hind legs and be >8 ft tall.

I am not saying it is impossible, but the likelihood of such a thing existing is minimal since there is no actual evidence for it. A lack of evidence does not mean it is still possible, because that is exactly what would be expected if it did not exist. So, until any evidence is presented, it remains within the realm of cryptozoology.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
09-07-2012, 11:50 AM
(09-07-2012 03:57 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(09-07-2012 12:51 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I've always so badly wanted to wear a Sasquatch suit and jump out of the forest along a major highway in the middle of now wear and then jump back in. Everyone has phones and cameras on hand these days that I'm sure it could cause some drama. Every time I drive through BC, Canada I wish I brought a suit. Yup, these are the things I think when I drive. Big Grin

Exactly the same thing came to my mind, but, unlike you, I also remembered that people have guns as well, so I jump out of the woods, and instead of camera, off my head goes. BLAM!

Not a good idea, funny, but pretty dangerous.

Consider
Yeah, I thought about this, too. It would be poaching and a very bad place to do it, but the chance is still there.