Off work for a while! Yay seasonal employment!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Off work for a while! Yay seasonal employment!
Happy day! I've been furloughed for a while. That means I don't have to go to work for a few weeks. I also don't get paid, but oh well. I'm willing to accept a tight budget for a bit.

I'll go back for some training in six weeks. Could be called back before that, never can tell. Until then, I have free time! Yay! I'm going to play with my kitties, brew my cider, hang out with some anarchists, and maybe even work on my house a bit. I've been meaning to put up cat paths around some walls, to keep my sweet kitties entertained.

Happy happy. Just wanted to share. Smile

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: Off work for a while! Yay seasonal employment!
I have vacation and dont have a tight budget B)

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
24-09-2013, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2013 08:07 AM by Hughsie.)
RE: Off work for a while! Yay seasonal employment!
If someone started looking for a job today, there is no way of knowing how long it will take. You have to make looking for a job a job itself. There are still jobs in healthcare, education and some in IT, but finding a job in this economy and in these fields may take some reeducation. You can't just get a teaching job if you don't have a degree. It takes a while to reinvent yourself. There's always the opportunity of working in the temporary arena. People should be calling temporary employment firms to find light industrial jobs, or jobs that will make a minimum wage or maybe a little more. For example, if you've been an accountant your whole life, there are opportunities out there, and you might be able to find some temporary jobs.