Offensive?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2010, 08:01 AM
RE: Offensive?
(24-08-2010 12:12 AM)LeviTimes Wrote:  I've actually never watched a full episode of South Park. =P I was never allowed to watch it when I was younger and when I was old enough to hide what I was watching from my parents, everyone was into Family Guy so I've seen every episode of that. =P

Check this out:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/

Every episode available for free. Go nuts.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
24-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:http://www.southparkstudios.com/
''Due to copyright and other legal reasons, South Park video content cannot be viewed outside the United States.'' Curse upon thou who camed up with IP-adresses. Well, there are other places, they just have these annoying ads popping up everywhere...

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
24-08-2010, 02:52 PM

(23-08-2010 07:26 PM)dtwpuck Wrote:  I personally find everyone who likes South Park to be racist homophobic social communist nazis teabagging gay droolmonkeys. I am going back to watching the next episode now.

Big Grin haha, i actually lol'd just there.

And yeah, I like Family Guy but I only started watching it when i was 13 and saw my first south park when i was 8 or something with my sister! Big Grin Odly enough, the first South Park episode i saw was Cartoon Wars, the one that fetures Family Guy.

Concerning the episode called 200 and 201, most of the dialogue is cencored and Trey Parker and Matt Stone say that it was Comedy Central that beeped over Kyle's speech at the end. Am I the only person who feels that it was covered up BY the creators for comical affect and contravercy?
Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2010, 09:34 PM
(24-08-2010 08:01 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Check this out:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/

Every episode available for free. Go nuts.

DOOD! Thanks! xD

Quote:''Due to copyright and other legal reasons, South Park video content cannot be viewed outside the United States.''

That's strange. O_o I'm in Japan and it's working for me.

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Quote:Am I the only person who feels that it was covered up BY the creators for comical affect and contravercy?

Im not a conspiracy theorist.

A Statement from Matt and Trey

"In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it."

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
25-08-2010, 10:03 AM

I think the statements that offend people and their viewpoints the most are the ones that should be expressed the loudest (unless it is malicious racial hatred). People need to examine themselves, and learn to not take themselves too seriously. I just had to go through a 6 hour leadership "camp" (whatever the fuck that is) because I am on my high school's student council (only because it looks good on your college resume).

The main topic of discussion- celebrating our achievements, respecting each other, stopping bullying, improving our school through the "5 core values" respect, responsibility, involvement, integrity, and not so you'd notice it- achievement.

You know, the kumbayah campfire bullshit that modern oversensitive, politically correct society pushes onto children. Everyone's self-esteem must be as high as possible, and nobody is an outcast, and all religious views should be accepted.

It is off topic I know, so I'll stop here, but I find it impossible that religion will ever be phased out if it cannot even be questioned. Religion is treated as an ethnicity. It isn't. It is a choice. And I will call you out for making your choices.

And to add something, here is Jon Stewart's take on it-

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-ap...th-threats
Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Offended by comedy: The atheist smiles nervously and tries not to look suspicious.
The theist turns off the TV and writes an angry letter.

This is my only opinion on south park. Maybe coz I only watched the original film and like 3 episodes xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
30-08-2010, 02:20 PM
I find South Park highly offensive, and that's why I love it ^.^ Nothing is safe from Matt and Trey! And they can (mostly) get away with it because they use crude humour to distract from the real (and often pretty deep) issues that they deal with each episode.
Religious people may find South Park too offensive because they objectively question a lot of religious dogma. A couple episodes come to mind, titled "Do the Handicapped Go to Hell?" and the sequel, "Probably", in which the kids are in a panic because Timmy cannot say anything other than his name, and so he cannot confess his sins and save himself from hell. This not only shows how cruel religious dogma can be, but how vulnerable children are to religious propaganda. Thus, I can see why religious people have a problem with the show Tongue

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
08-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Random bump.
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
08-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Random ?
LOL Magoo.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche