Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
11-12-2011, 11:41 AM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(11-12-2011 09:55 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Thanks, man. Going through the process, I've felt like a big loser (admitting to yourself that you "were this far wrong" will play a big psychological tap dance on your psyche). I'm still not out of the woods yet, but I appreciate the feedback. It helps. So does the weed! Smile

Hey, most of us are in the same boat. You shouldn't feel bad on that score. Big winner mentality is the ability to change tack. I've not been as far up the garden path as you, but it was still hard to turn around and there are still things I regret. Mainly wasting so much time looking for the fairies when the little buggers were in the whisky cabinet up at the house. Big respect for you comes from the impossible distance you've come - I don't know if I could do that. And I like that it's made you so knowledgeable and not shy to talk about it, even when it's a story against yourself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-12-2011, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 12:28 PM by houseofcantor.)
(09-12-2011 06:32 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Am I the only one on this forum who doesn't smoke pot? Not that I have a problem with it. My lungs just really don't like smoke of any kind for some reason.

Smoked it maybe five times this year. It's kinda rare here in the desert with all the meth-heads around. I may or may not get back into doing it regularly when I get back east. That dang Gwynnies is by far my "drug of choice," but this is a great topic as I'm quite sure mj will be found to be "miracle drug." Besides, I have to contend that smoking weed is far less dangerous that being out-of-my-mind in love with Gwyneth. Word. Wink

(06-12-2011 12:18 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Wish I had some nuggets like this.

[Image: tumblr_lq5tssUOuU1qlz799o1_500.jpg]

Oh my Gwynnies! That's purple everything! Now I want some...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Something else to watch, if you haven't seen it already. Guy's a happy fellow, imo.

two pics I got from bud.
[Image: smokeincartoon.jpg]

[Image: 421.jpg]

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” -Siddhārtha Gautama
"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” -Lao Tzu
"...thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..." -Jesus
[+] 2 users Like Thinking about Myths's post
11-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Took me two minutes to add that vid to my youtube faves. Wink

Thing I know from being "in the scene," there was never any controversy with weed. I knew some growers who got uptight about their property, but down at the street level? It was always like, hey! Come in! Smoke a bowl! With the other stuff, it's plywood over the windows, cut-outs and "who the fuck are you?" And everybody had a thirty eight, when I was with the coke scene. Tongue

11-12-2011, 02:20 PM
(11-12-2011 01:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Took me two minutes to add that vid to my youtube faves. Wink

Thing I know from being "in the scene," there was never any controversy with weed. I knew some growers who got uptight about their property, but down at the street level? It was always like, hey! Come in! Smoke a bowl! With the other stuff, it's plywood over the windows, cut-outs and "who the fuck are you?" And everybody had a thirty eight, when I was with the coke scene. Tongue

I totally don't like dealers who delve in anything else but pre-rolled doobies or grams. I'm not a big fan of coke, seems to attract the wrong people who are willing to spoil the fun. Cannabis calms and relaxes a lot of people. I recently found out that my dad found a big jar of the greens and smoked it at home back when I was younger, and he used to smoke in his youth down in the Caribbean. I told him "that's how you put up with all the crap my sis and I did!"

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” -Siddhārtha Gautama
"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” -Lao Tzu
"...thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..." -Jesus
[+] 1 user Likes Thinking about Myths's post
11-12-2011, 03:08 PM
*puts on the official, public face* Of course I don't support any dealers. That's just wrong! Big Grin

But coke is nasty - not the drug, which is pretty tame for the "hard drug" category, but like you're saying, the people it attracts. In Too-Stoned (Tucson) Arizona, I was hooked up with one of "la familias" (if you know what I'm saying), and they were all pretty cool. I mentioned the lack of guns... Tongue

But then you get it from the other side. Jeez. Heck with that life. Wink

11-12-2011, 04:31 PM
(11-12-2011 03:08 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  In Too-Stoned (Tucson) Arizona, I was hooked up with one of "la familias" (if you know what I'm saying), and they were all pretty cool. I mentioned the lack of guns... Tongue

I'd say it's a good thing you're headed for the East Coast soon. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-12-2011, 04:38 PM
(11-12-2011 04:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 03:08 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  In Too-Stoned (Tucson) Arizona, I was hooked up with one of "la familias" (if you know what I'm saying), and they were all pretty cool. I mentioned the lack of guns... Tongue

I'd say it's a good thing you're headed for the East Coast soon. Smile

You're telling me. In this state, heck with element; I know the whole wrong periodic table. Big Grin

11-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Ok, had a few questions tossed at me. Let's give it a shot.....

"Does weed mess with depression meds?"
From what I know, no it does not. Most people that smoke cannabis for depression find that even over the long term, they can reduce their meds when they use cannabis. HOWEVER, this is one that I am NOT well educated on, so do your due dilligence!!!

"Grafting weed onto hops = stronger bud?"
Nope. Grafting allows you to grow two plants from one stalk. Hops wicks moisture and nutrients very well, but not as well as hemp fibre. They don't shre their genetics when they are grafted, so although people have had success grafting cannabis to hops, the potency still depends on the strain. Good strain = good smoke. Period. Like the question above, I am not extremely well educated on this one, but I know a little bit about a little bit, and I'm gonna call this one a myth until I see otherwise.
footnote: I do realize that grafting can "combine genetics" but this would take breeding as well.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
11-12-2011, 05:08 PM
"Sports + weed?"

In my experience, sports + weed = more fun, and less scoring. (But at least you don't give a shit about the score! Wink)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post