• 4 Votes - 5 Average
16-04-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
Will smoking makevur blood sugar go up. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2015, 03:44 AM
(16-04-2015 10:42 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Will smoking makevur blood sugar go up. Thanks

No. But it can give you some serious munchies. And serious munchies most definitely can affect blood sugar, depending on your willpower.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
17-04-2015, 04:03 AM
Thank u very much
17-04-2015, 04:06 AM
Just don't keep food you are not supposed to eat around. Everything tastes better with weed, including your staples.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-04-2015, 04:49 AM
(17-04-2015 04:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  Just don't keep food you are not supposed to eat around. Everything tastes better with weed, including your staples.

... I have this image of you munching office supplies...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
17-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Thanks he didn't eat anything so I know that wasn't it. He used the vape cartridge. Took a few hits and he landed in the hospital with his blood sugar way up. They had to give him fluids and stuff.
17-04-2015, 02:53 PM
(17-04-2015 02:05 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Thanks he didn't eat anything so I know that wasn't it. He used the vape cartridge. Took a few hits and he landed in the hospital with his blood sugar way up. They had to give him fluids and stuff.

If he used some commercial liquid preparation, he shouldn't do that. There is no regulation and you have no idea what's in it.

You can get vapes for burning real weed.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-04-2015, 03:01 PM
OK thanks I'll make a note of that
17-04-2015, 10:10 PM
There's a chance his spike in blood sugar was due to anxiety. People who have little experience with cannabis can often panic the first few times they get high. It doesn't matter how many times you tell someone you can't overdose, when you've had enough to make you uncomfortable, it's scary. The body's natural reaction to panic is to release adrenaline and a burst of glucose stored in the liver. This, combined with the intoxication may have dulled his ability to feel the warning signs of his climbing blood sugar. The result is severe DKA (diabetic ketoacidosis). Extremely dangerous and unpleasant.

Of course this is only speculation based on my experience as a medical cannabis provider and a diabetic who uses cannabis. Your mileage may vary. Consult your doctor.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
18-04-2015, 01:21 AM
(17-04-2015 10:10 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  There's a chance his spike in blood sugar was due to anxiety. People who have little experience with cannabis can often panic the first few times they get high. It doesn't matter how many times you tell someone you can't overdose, when you've had enough to make you uncomfortable, it's scary. The body's natural reaction to panic is to release adrenaline and a burst of glucose stored in the liver. This, combined with the intoxication may have dulled his ability to feel the warning signs of his climbing blood sugar. The result is severe DKA (diabetic ketoacidosis). Extremely dangerous and unpleasant.

Of course this is only speculation based on my experience as a medical cannabis provider and a diabetic who uses cannabis. Your mileage may vary. Consult your doctor.

Thank you very much