Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
19-04-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
Here is something on Fibromyalgia and weed.

Probably Stark knows if it's true.

http://www.theweedblog.com/which-medical...romyalgia/

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2015, 09:10 PM
I've known two people with FM that use cannabis, so I've done a fair bit of research. The cannabis relieves inflammation in the joints and generally helps with the aches of FM. Though it doesn't do anything to treat the disease, it's symptoms can be greatly relieved with cannabis, generally most effectively by ingestion. That's how both my former patients preferred to medicate.

The tricky part about cannabis as a medication is that too many people claim it's a cure all. The thing is, cannabis makes unpleasantness less unpleasant. That goes for pain as well as mood. So too often MJ supporters point towards all these illnesses and scream "IT CURES EVERYTHING!!", while really, it just makes feeling shitty more bearable.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
19-04-2015, 10:54 PM
(19-04-2015 09:10 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I've known two people with FM that use cannabis, so I've done a fair bit of research. The cannabis relieves inflammation in the joints and generally helps with the aches of FM. Though it doesn't do anything to treat the disease, it's symptoms can be greatly relieved with cannabis, generally most effectively by ingestion. That's how both my former patients preferred to medicate.

The tricky part about cannabis as a medication is that too many people claim it's a cure all. The thing is, cannabis makes unpleasantness less unpleasant. That goes for pain as well as mood. So too often MJ supporters point towards all these illnesses and scream "IT CURES EVERYTHING!!", while really, it just makes feeling shitty more bearable.
Yes there is no cure. It helps with the pain most of all. And u can use different strains for different things uvr doing
20-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Happy 420!

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
20-04-2015, 07:11 PM
HOOT!!!

[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-04-2015, 03:38 PM
(19-04-2015 09:10 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I've known two people with FM that use cannabis, so I've done a fair bit of research. The cannabis relieves inflammation in the joints and generally helps with the aches of FM. Though it doesn't do anything to treat the disease, it's symptoms can be greatly relieved with cannabis, generally most effectively by ingestion. That's how both my former patients preferred to medicate.

Sometimes, feeling less shitty is half the battle. I say, if it helps in the fight, it can stay. Shy

That said... THC & CDB have been been found to boost the immune system and have an effect on the endocrine system.

We are really just beginning to figure so much shit out. We're living in a very exploratory time. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-04-2015, 05:23 AM
I didn't read all of this post but yesterday while excercizing I had a thought. Like to hear other thoughts.

I am an honorably discharged x-navy personnel. I volentered to serve and die for my country. That was almost 30 years ago.

I have a problem with serving my country but not being able to do, legally, what the people in the state next to me can do legally.

I think an honorably discharged military person should be exempt to anything that is illegal in the state that they live in but is legal in other states. They served to protect the freedoms of this country but can't enjoy those freedoms themselves because they live in the wrong state.

I'm not only talking about cannabis. If I'm terminally ill, I should be exempt to the suicide laws, except two states, and should legally have access to the death cocktail if I choose to.

Samething if I were gay and wish to be married and my state doesn't allow it.

Any thoughts?
[+] 1 user Likes H4ym4n's post
30-04-2015, 04:03 PM
You should be allowed to smoke cannabis because your constitution says it's your right, not because you've served to protect that constitution. Being in the military shouldn't grant you exemptions from the law or special privileges. Didn't you serve so everyone in your country would be treated equally, like your constitution says?

[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
01-05-2015, 05:34 AM
Yes I did serve so everyone in this country will be treated equally.

But I'm not being treated equally. I am not allowed, by law, to do what is legal in the state right next to me.

Again, this isn't specifically about cannabis.
01-05-2015, 06:37 AM
Re: RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(01-05-2015 05:34 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  Yes I did serve so everyone in this country will be treated equally.

But I'm not being treated equally. I am not allowed, by law, to do what is legal in the state right next to me.

Again, this isn't specifically about cannabis.

Shouldn't everyone be treated equally? Why should those of your stripe (and no one else) be allowed to hit the bong - or whatever? It comes across as "because I am better than this lowly rabble. I deserve more than they do."

Yes, someone with military training/higher education/in a higher income bracket is better trained/ better educated/wealthier. Does that make those people worth more as human beings?

If something is illegal that you think shouldn't be, it might be best to work to legalize it for all. By claiming special privilege because of your military status, you are potentially alienating other cannabis supporters.
[+] 2 users Like mecanna's post