Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
01-05-2015, 07:17 AM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
Yes, everyone should be equal. Kind of the point.

But a person who volunteers to serve and protect the freedoms of this country, imho, should have every right and freedom that everyone has, even if it isn't a right or freedom in the state that person happens to live in.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2015, 07:24 AM
Re: Official Cannabis Thread
I thought the military was considered a career on top of everything else. Everyone serving that I've ever known got cut a check for their service.
01-05-2015, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 08:37 AM by kim.)
I get what you are asking H4y however, service has nothing to do with right or privilege in any nation or state.

I work my ass off to pay both Fed tax and my state tax each year. Two former presidents live two states away and since their state has no state tax, they only pay Fed tax. As if they couldn't afford the upkeep. BUT, they are greedy, bloodsucking fucks... I'm not. That shit's a tradeoff.

You served to keep shit the same, H4y... if you want things to change, serve to change things. Start locally and work your way up to the state level and beyond to work in congress or the Senate. OR campaign for and support a candidate who will effect change as you see fit.

You are a citizen, you ARE this nation. Most importantly, you have a voice to say what you need to say. Maybe you need to speak a bit louder. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
01-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Yay, the local police announced today they were retiring their two drug sniffing dogs and getting new ones - they don't want any dogs to alert when they smell weed. Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
02-05-2015, 01:40 PM
(01-05-2015 08:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yay, the local police announced today they were retiring their two drug sniffing dogs and getting new ones - they don't want any dogs to alert when they smell weed. Big Grin

What will they do with all those weed sniffers they are retiring? That's gonna be confusing for them!

They'll walk down the street with their adopted person and not be rewarded for dragging them to ... EVERY OTHER HOUSE ON THE BLOCK! Laugh out load

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-05-2015, 01:52 PM
(02-05-2015 01:40 PM)kim Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 08:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yay, the local police announced today they were retiring their two drug sniffing dogs and getting new ones - they don't want any dogs to alert when they smell weed. Big Grin

What will they do with all those weed sniffers they are retiring? That's gonna be confusing for them!

They'll walk down the street with their adopted person and not be rewarded for dragging them to ... EVERY OTHER HOUSE ON THE BLOCK! Laugh out load

There are only two. I could always take them in and desensitize them. Smile Most of them are just trained to sit when they find some stash, that's not a bother. The ones who are trained to paw at it are more of an issue. But, you can always train them to give a different signal, - like wagging their tails. Smile (ok, that's not easy to retrain)

Usually retired canine dogs get to stay with their handlers at home as family pets.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-05-2015, 02:09 PM
I think I'd love to adopt a weed sniffer.

I want to know who I can party with. Wink

[+] 3 users Like kim's post
02-05-2015, 10:00 PM
(01-05-2015 05:34 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  Yes I did serve so everyone in this country will be treated equally.

But I'm not being treated equally. I am not allowed, by law, to do what is legal in the state right next to me.

Again, this isn't specifically about cannabis.

You are correct, this most definitely is not specifically about cannabis.

You are correct, you are not being treated equally if the people in the next state can do something you can't.

The point is, very specifically, that you think you deserve to be treated MORE equally than your neighbour who has been a plumber his whole life. I'm not sure you fully grasp what your service means. Every veteran I've spoken with since you first posted (I've easily spoken with a dozen about it, my entire family is Canadian Forces) has reacted the same way. They feel that veterans should be humble, and demand their NIEGHBOURS rights be enforced BEFORE their own.

This was a topic I didn't take lightly. I've been away from the forum a lot, but the topic has been forefront in my mind often these last few days. To be clear, I'm not suggesting you should be more humble. I'm only sharing what was, to me, a very touching commonality among all the military folk I spoke with. I guess that's why they call it "serving". Veterans seem to have an instinct to serve the civilians they protect before themselves, even after their military career.

So even though we disagree on the finer points of marijuana and its legality, let me just say....thanks for your service man. I'm up here in Canada, but we all kinda feel like we're in this together these days.

Free the weed for all. Smokin

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
12-05-2015, 08:59 PM
OK i can't seem to get this vape thing to work. Its fine for the first few puffs then ot don't work at all!
12-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Need more info.

What kind of vape? What are you vaping?

So many cats, so few good recipes.