Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
12-11-2015, 02:06 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(12-11-2015 02:02 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I've been digging the Laughing Buddha here. I'd tried the strain (supposedly) a couple years ago and it wasn't like this at all. Very sativa. Straight to the head. The best part is it's the "happiest" strain I've ever had. I highly recommend it. Thumbsup

I've heard of that. I tend to go for heavy indicas when I get home from work, but Laughing Buddha sounds good for the weekends!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2015, 02:25 PM
(05-07-2015 12:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-07-2015 10:41 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Cannabis leaves don't have any THC to extract. The THC is contained within the tricomes, which look like a sticky powder on the buds. Under a microscope they look like long mushrooms filled with resin.

However....juicing cannabis leaves WILL provide you with lots of nutrition. They are similar to spinach, and you can even add them to your salads.

What about CBD? Do the leaves contain a lot of CBDs? For many non-psychiatric ailments it looks like the CBDs are what's therapeutic. Should I concentrate the juice or just drink it straight?

I missed this...sorry Girly.

THC, CBD and CBN are the big three cannabinoids. They, like almost all the cannabinoids are found at their highest concentration in the trichomes. The leaves do contain cannabinoids in higher concentrations than other plants (yes, many plants produce cannabinoids, just in trace amounts) but it's not nearly as significant as the trichome. So yes, you'll get cannabinoids like CBD, but I don't know that it would be enough to be considered therapeutic. Consider

The leaves are just plain old healthy. Super dense in iron, calcium and vitamin C. Their flavour is strong, and goes well with vinaigrette. They don't juice very well, but I'm also not a fan of how they taste in juice so I haven't worked with them much in that respect. Also, it's my personal opinion that most of the strains we have now are not good for culinary cannabis. I feel cannabis leaf is best used from young plants still in the early vegetative stage. Since removing these tender young leaves significantly slows the plants maturation (it's not harmful mind you, and a cannabis plant could be continuously harvested for food for a long time if one were inclined to do so Wink ) growers simply don't remove them unless they are damaged or diseased. Doin so is simply counter productive. So what we are left with is the big, tough, woody fan leaves. They just aren't culinary quality.

The other potential source for culinary cannabis leaf is from hemp. I would assume from the same crops that we get hemp seed from (the other obvious source of nutrition from cannabis). I'll be interested to see if cannabis leaf makes itself known as a superfood in the near future, now that we have Justin Trudeau at the helm. Thumbsup

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
12-11-2015, 02:45 PM
I found a how to guide on smoking weed in 日本

[Image: cannabisinjapan1.jpg?w=1024&h=679]

[Image: cannabisinjapan2.jpg?w=771&h=1024]

[Image: cannabisinjapan3.jpg?w=771&h=1024]

[Image: cannabisinjapan4.jpg?w=1024&h=679]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
13-11-2015, 12:16 PM
http://www.thestonerscookbook.com/articl...noop-dogg/

Quote:Through the years, Snoop has serenaded us with lyrics of love for marijuana, so it comes as no surprise that he is the first celebrity to bring us a brand of marijuana based on his personal tastes. Leafs by Snoop was launched on November 9th at a private party hosted by LivWell dispensary owner John Lord, in Denver, Colorado.

Leafs by Snoop or LBS offers 8 strains of marijuana flower that are all hand-picked by the rapper. Each strain will be sold in 3 sizes 1/8 oz, ¼ oz, and 1 oz.............

LBS represents the first commercial brand of marijuana in the world. The fact that the brand comes from an individual that we all know loves marijuana makes it much easier to accept. Marijuana users and cultivators are artisans in their own right, and the looming threat of big tobacco or big pharmaceutical companies trying to enter the marijuana business is a threat to the intimacy of our relationship with marijuana. If we continue to support the efforts of individuals like Snoop Dogg and Willie Nelson (who will release Willie’s Reserve next year), we are also protecting ourselves against infiltration by these out of touch industries.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
14-11-2015, 11:33 AM
Official Cannabis Thread
It's a gloomy NW morning, but I have a feeling my friends Peet and Jack are going to make it a Beautiful Day!

:queue the music:[Image: fd3410862f19b3e890cc10e879c013ee.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
14-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Official Cannabis Thread
This is also on the agenda for the day:
[Image: cca982e104a4adaefec3da562982cdbb.jpg]
[Image: 63cc0af441b7bc9b7f36d1b896c22119.jpg]

~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
14-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Got me a new hookah to break in. I use a very wet shisha and mix it about 50/50 with some high test bud. Leave it in a jar to soak for 24hrs and enjoy. Yum.

[Image: faf91524358af768b3df65854c27c711.jpg]

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
14-11-2015, 06:56 PM
(14-11-2015 01:52 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Got me a new hookah to break in. I use a very wet shisha and mix it about 50/50 with some high test bud. Leave it in a jar to soak for 24hrs and enjoy. Yum.

[Image: faf91524358af768b3df65854c27c711.jpg]

Love that you have hockey on in the background, eh?

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-11-2015, 06:57 PM
(04-07-2015 10:47 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I've been enjoying the youtube show Getting Doug with High

This podcast is a late night favorite of mine! Thumbsup

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-11-2015, 07:03 PM
(14-11-2015 06:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(04-07-2015 10:47 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I've been enjoying the youtube show Getting Doug with High

This podcast is a late night favorite of mine! Thumbsup

Doug is super fun Big Grin I'm also a movie lover, so I listen to his Doug Loves Movies, and Doug Loves Minis podcast too.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post