Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
11-12-2011, 05:12 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(11-12-2011 05:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  "Does weed mess with depression meds?"
From what I know, no it does not. Most people that smoke cannabis for depression find that even over the long term, they can reduce their meds when they use cannabis. HOWEVER, this is one that I am NOT well educated on, so do your due dilligence!!!

Thanks, Stark. I know it needs to be a "Buyer Beware" deal, but it's nice to get your educated opinion. I've been trying to do due diligence, but as you know there isn't a whole lot of peer reviewed literature researching the synergistic effects of MM and other Pharmaceuticals.

(hehe...I said "do due")

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2011, 07:30 PM
(11-12-2011 05:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  "Grafting weed onto hops = stronger bud?"
Nope. Grafting allows you to grow two plants from one stalk. Hops wicks moisture and nutrients very well, but not as well as hemp fibre. They don't shre their genetics when they are grafted, so although people have had success grafting cannabis to hops, the potency still depends on the strain. Good strain = good smoke. Period. Like the question above, I am not extremely well educated on this one, but I know a little bit about a little bit, and I'm gonna call this one a myth until I see otherwise.
footnote: I do realize that grafting can "combine genetics" but this would take breeding as well.

Thanks. If the weedheads are to be believed, and I have no reason not to, this appears to be an internet myth.

http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-grow...azing.html

http://boards.cannabis.com/advanced-tech...nabis.html

http://www.rollitup.org/general-marijuan...fting.html

But I still wonder what would happen if you grafted weed to hops stock instead of hops to weed stcok.

#sigh
12-12-2011, 06:08 AM
And (as usual) I can provide the solution for you, I just need to translate all this technical stuff and ask my agronomy friend, so then we can know for sure, what the science says.

Smile

What you can do is explain what grafting is, although I think I know, but what hops are, I have no idea, so if you don't mind explaining, so I can find out what you need...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
12-12-2011, 09:45 AM
(12-12-2011 06:08 AM)Filox Wrote:  And (as usual) I can provide the solution for you, I just need to translate all this technical stuff and ask my agronomy friend, so then we can know for sure, what the science says.

Smile

What you can do is explain what grafting is, although I think I know, but what hops are, I have no idea, so if you don't mind explaining, so I can find out what you need...

Hops are an important ingredient in beer.

Am I right that you're from Belgium? Maybe you didn't know this because (in America) Belgian-style beer (hefeweizen) is wheat based instead of hops. Smile

http://www.freshops.com/

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Has anyone ever tried to mix canna-oil with peanut butter then made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with it?

I have.

It's quite delightful.

~Izel
16-12-2011, 05:19 AM
The new High Times has a recipe for caramel macadamia nut chocolates. I'm definitely trying them!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
16-12-2011, 05:35 AM
(16-12-2011 05:19 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The new High Times has a recipe for caramel macadamia nut chocolates. I'm definitely trying them!

Just in time for the holidays! Big Grin

~Izel
17-12-2011, 03:07 AM
OK, when you have weed that is totally good for smoking and pretty hard as well, but the buds smell like someone peed on it, is it because someone was stupid enough to dry it the wrong way, or did it stay in a plastic bag for too long, so the moist inside has gone a bit wrong? The smell is a bit sour, reminds me on ammoniac, but when you light up, it's fine, just a little bit strange, but you hardly notice it. I think it was wrong drying. Anyone with ideas? Just curios what I have to smoke now...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
20-12-2011, 11:04 PM
(17-12-2011 03:07 AM)Filox Wrote:  OK, when you have weed that is totally good for smoking and pretty hard as well, but the buds smell like someone peed on it, is it because someone was stupid enough to dry it the wrong way, or did it stay in a plastic bag for too long, so the moist inside has gone a bit wrong? The smell is a bit sour, reminds me on ammoniac, but when you light up, it's fine, just a little bit strange, but you hardly notice it. I think it was wrong drying. Anyone with ideas? Just curios what I have to smoke now...

Sorry I missed this one Filox. My bad buddy!

The smell could be a couple of things. Most likely, its bud mold or powdery mildew. If so, it was in the bud when it was dried already, but it continues to grow. Any mold is a weed killer. Terrible on your lungs, degrades tricomes......just really shitty stuff.

It could also be chlorophyl you are smelling. In fact properly cured weed (curing is the final stage of slow drying, which improves flavor, high, and smokability) releases a goodly amount of chlorophyl. That's why the flavor improves. Chlorophyl tastes bad, and when you open a well cured weed, the first smell is chlorophyl, because it's released as a gas. I duobt that's it though, because the gas dissipates and you are left with a fragrant, yet mild weed. If it still smells after airing out, my bet is mold.

I could do a whole damn thread just on curing!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
21-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Here in Seattle we hear talk of life across the border. Is it true that the 'Couve has some of the best weed in the world?

~Izel