Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
13-12-2015, 04:24 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(13-12-2015 08:56 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(17-11-2011 07:02 AM)Filox Wrote:  I see a lot of you are saying that those who grow weed for sale put a lot of chemicals in weed. I heard that a lot of times here in Croatia as well. But then when you start to ask around what is it that people actually put in the ground or what they use to spray over the buds, you find only silence.

People, that is one of the big urban myths, there are no chemicals used to make pot more potent. Only thing I know people use to put in the ground is the fertilizer and nothing is used to spray on the buds. There are several reasons for this, first one being the price of the chemicals. It would make pot too expensive, so it is not worth to do it. Other thing is that most of the chemicals you will spray on the buds would not work if dried and smoked, it would not have the effect you think it would. And do not be mistaken, a lot of people that buy pot (the buyers) know what they are smoking and know their weed, so if you put some stupid chemicals, people will notice it and they will stop buying it. The best weed is the most simple one, water and a lot of sun with good quality seeds to begin with. A bit of fertilizer during growth, organic one if possible...

If you find any evidence that I am wrong, I would love to see it, until then, I consider this to be one of those urban myths. Of course, every country has different weed and growers, but it's all similar. Try watching some of the videos about growing top quality weed, and you will never, ever see any chemicals used to make the pot stronger.

Remember Paraquat? Or was that before your time? The USA invaded the pot fields of Mexico and sprayed a lot of the crop. It made people sick and some are said to have died from it. Not that I knew anything of it first hand. At the time I was a revivalist minister! Hallelulah! Can I get an AMEN!

I remember that.

But today's pot growers don't spray any chemicals. Most bugs don't like pot, at least, I never saw any bugs on my pot.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-12-2015, 08:08 PM
Official Cannabis Thread
[Image: 571c94c68f19ea7f8552ce9e720cf40e.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
21-12-2015, 07:53 PM
My friend made me some awesome brownies!!! Wink
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
22-12-2015, 12:09 PM
(21-12-2015 07:53 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  My friend made me some awesome brownies!!! Wink

I made brownies last night...but not the good kind. Sad
I bought the mix because I was going to make the good kind, but I've decided my New Year's resolution is to get a different job. In case drug testing is required, I want to be ready. Sucks being an adult. Weeping

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
22-12-2015, 12:56 PM
(22-12-2015 12:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-12-2015 07:53 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  My friend made me some awesome brownies!!! Wink

I made brownies last night...but not the good kind. Sad
I bought the mix because I was going to make the good kind, but I've decided my New Year's resolution is to get a different job. In case drug testing is required, I want to be ready. Sucks being an adult. Weeping

Wtf kind of job does drug testing?
22-12-2015, 01:26 PM
(22-12-2015 12:56 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 12:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I made brownies last night...but not the good kind. Sad

Wtf kind of job does drug testing?

Many.
Particularly looking at Amazon and Boeing, but many larger companies test at orientation, even though it's legal in WA.

~Izel
22-12-2015, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2015 01:56 PM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
(22-12-2015 01:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 12:56 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Wtf kind of job does drug testing?

Many.
Particularly looking at Amazon and Boeing, but many larger companies test at orientation, even though it's legal in WA.

So if it's legal... They can't discriminate can they? I'm assuming that everybody in the states walks around with lawsuit paperwork on their person just in case they're faced with discrimination or some kind of spilled hot beverage.
22-12-2015, 02:04 PM
(22-12-2015 01:48 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 01:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Many.

So if it's legal... They can't discriminate can they? I'm assuming that everybody in the states walks around with lawsuit paperwork on their person just in case they're faced with discrimination or some kind of spilled hot beverage.

I don't know, man. It's just the way it is with certain companies. What's silly is a company will do it before hiring, but unless you have a driving job or operate machinery, that's the only time they test. So all someone has to do is take a break for a few weeks, get hired, and start smoking again. I look at it as a good thing because when I start up again, my tolerance will be a bit lower! Smokin

~Izel
22-12-2015, 05:27 PM
It's legal in Oregon too - and it's legal for companies to test anyway.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-12-2015, 08:50 PM
(22-12-2015 02:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 01:48 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  So if it's legal... They can't discriminate can they? I'm assuming that everybody in the states walks around with lawsuit paperwork on their person just in case they're faced with discrimination or some kind of spilled hot beverage.

I don't know, man. It's just the way it is with certain companies. What's silly is a company will do it before hiring, but unless you have a driving job or operate machinery, that's the only time they test. So all someone has to do is take a break for a few weeks, get hired, and start smoking again. I look at it as a good thing because when I start up again, my tolerance will be a bit lower! Smokin

Agreed. I often take tolerance breaks. Usually three days, but I try to fit in a couple one week breaks a year.

That first hoot after a break....Drooling

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post