Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
20-03-2016, 10:49 AM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(19-03-2016 10:59 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Not only can he grow six, a 600w light doesn't leave much of a heat sig.

I'm a fan of DWC. As I'm sure GB has learned from those beauties, SCROG is your friend!

Looks like a bit of leaf claw happening....remind GB that though the temptation to water extra during flush is strong, don't succumb. Too much water now will mean a diminished push.

GBIII says he would've SCROG but he can't figure out how to clean the reservoir once a week without moving the plant into a different bucket and if it's all netted up that ain't happening. Boy's looking at a recirculating DWC but he ain't quite grasped it yet.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2016, 12:26 PM
(20-03-2016 10:49 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 10:59 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Not only can he grow six, a 600w light doesn't leave much of a heat sig.

I'm a fan of DWC. As I'm sure GB has learned from those beauties, SCROG is your friend!

Looks like a bit of leaf claw happening....remind GB that though the temptation to water extra during flush is strong, don't succumb. Too much water now will mean a diminished push.

GBIII says he would've SCROG but he can't figure out how to clean the reservoir once a week without moving the plant into a different bucket and if it's all netted up that ain't happening. Boy's looking at a recirculating DWC but he ain't quite grasped it yet.

There is such a huge opportunity for growers in Oregon right now, all comers are welcome to apply for licences, one doesn't have to be a current resident. I don't care to get into it (or anything right now) but at a different stage of my life I would have seen this as a once in a life time opportunity to get in on the bottom floor.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
20-03-2016, 01:22 PM
(20-03-2016 12:26 PM)Dom Wrote:  There is such a huge opportunity for growers in Oregon right now, all comers are welcome to apply for licences, one doesn't have to be a current resident.

That is useful info. Thumbsup

#sigh
21-03-2016, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2016 09:40 AM by adey67.)
Tried weed twice diddnt like it then when I did my psychiatry secondment during nurse training I saw the effects of cannabis induced psychosis first hand, the secure unit comprised upward of 25% cannabis related mental health problems including one guy who pulled off his own testicles with his bare hands, after that I never touched the stuff again.
21-03-2016, 11:13 AM
(21-03-2016 09:32 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Tried weed twice diddnt like it then when I did my psychiatry secondment during nurse training I saw the effects of cannabis induced psychosis first hand, the secure unit comprised upward of 25% cannabis related mental health problems including one guy who pulled off his own testicles with his bare hands, after that I never touched the stuff again.

Cannabis enhances experiences. If you eat something, it tastes better. A massage is pure heaven. Music is all encompassing. It works quite well against many types of pain because it allows you to put your attention to something else.

In places where it is illegal, a good number of people report paranoia while high - because they are scared of being arrested and that fear is enhanced.

Pulling off your testicles is not anywhere in the realm of what can happen just because you get high on cannabis. This person must have had some very serious disorder, or maybe taken a weird combination of drugs or designer drugs.

Cannabis does not cause mental health problems. And unlike alcohol, it does not cause behavioral problems, except perhaps laziness or over eating while under the influence.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-03-2016, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2016 12:24 PM by adey67.)
I'm afraid I have to respectfully disagree with you based on personal experience within the clinical setting of a mental health environment and also based on the testimony of attending psychiatric physicians. Experiences with cannabis are highly variable. I'm simply pointing out some of the negatives not judging anyone, I hated the stuff and believe no scratch that I know it has negative as well as positive effects. Suggesting that its completely benign I have to take issue with I also accept in many it has beneficial effects but not always. Medical cannabis properly controlled and monitored can be a valuable medicine but I have to reiterate the man who tore off his own testicles was suffering from cannabis induced psychosis I cannot prove it and patient confidentially prevents me from being able to provide documentary evidence even 25 years later so I realise in a forum full of fellow secularists that may be a problem, I guess it is what it is.
21-03-2016, 03:20 PM
(21-03-2016 11:45 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm afraid I have to respectfully disagree with you based on personal experience within the clinical setting of a mental health environment and also based on the testimony of attending psychiatric physicians. Experiences with cannabis are highly variable. I'm simply pointing out some of the negatives not judging anyone, I hated the stuff and believe no scratch that I know it has negative as well as positive effects. Suggesting that its completely benign I have to take issue with I also accept in many it has beneficial effects but not always. Medical cannabis properly controlled and monitored can be a valuable medicine but I have to reiterate the man who tore off his own testicles was suffering from cannabis induced psychosis I cannot prove it and patient confidentially prevents me from being able to provide documentary evidence even 25 years later so I realise in a forum full of fellow secularists that may be a problem, I guess it is what it is.

I respectfully disagree with you based on 50 years of smoking cannabis almost daily and seeing literally thousands of others do so in small groups, parties and concerts.

Not once have I seen anyone show any unusual behavior, with the exception of having fear dominate the experience in a setting where arrest is possible.

Now, any drug can cause unwanted reactions based on interaction with other drugs and/or pre-existing mental issues. All drugs can do that.

Cannabis may have aggravated testicle man's psychoses, but I am quite positive it did not cause them. It's normal effects are quite the opposite, it is a calming drug. He would have been more likely to fall asleep while masturbating.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-03-2016, 03:26 PM
(21-03-2016 03:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  I respectfully disagree with you based on 50 years of smoking cannabis almost daily and seeing literally thousands of others do so in small groups, parties and concerts.

Not once have I seen anyone show any unusual behavior, with the exception of having fear dominate the experience in a setting where arrest is possible.

I got a number of tickets for impeding traffic because I was driving too slow.

#sigh
21-03-2016, 03:31 PM
(21-03-2016 03:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 11:45 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm afraid I have to respectfully disagree with you based on personal experience within the clinical setting of a mental health environment and also based on the testimony of attending psychiatric physicians. Experiences with cannabis are highly variable. I'm simply pointing out some of the negatives not judging anyone, I hated the stuff and believe no scratch that I know it has negative as well as positive effects. Suggesting that its completely benign I have to take issue with I also accept in many it has beneficial effects but not always. Medical cannabis properly controlled and monitored can be a valuable medicine but I have to reiterate the man who tore off his own testicles was suffering from cannabis induced psychosis I cannot prove it and patient confidentially prevents me from being able to provide documentary evidence even 25 years later so I realise in a forum full of fellow secularists that may be a problem, I guess it is what it is.

I respectfully disagree with you based on 50 years of smoking cannabis almost daily and seeing literally thousands of others do so in small groups, parties and concerts.

Now, any drug can cause unwanted reactions based on interaction with other drugs and/or pre-existing mental issues. All drugs can do that.

Cannabis may have aggravated testicle man's psychoses, but I am quite positive it did not cause them. It's normal effects are quite the opposite, it is a calming drug. He would have been more likely to fall asleep while masturbating.
Not what two attending psychiatric physicians concluded I'm afraid but its not worth falling out over as far as I'm concerned so I'm gonna disengage, I'm just happy your experience has been so positive Thumbsup
21-03-2016, 03:34 PM
(21-03-2016 03:31 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 03:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  I respectfully disagree with you based on 50 years of smoking cannabis almost daily and seeing literally thousands of others do so in small groups, parties and concerts.

Not what two attending psychiatric physicians concluded I'm afraid but its not worth falling out over as far as I'm concerned so I'm gonna disengage, I'm just happy your experience has been so positive Thumbsup

No falling out. Shy But - a diagnosis given regarding a drug that had virtually no research done 25 years ago - not impressive. The physicians had no data to base their diagnosis on. But - yes - let's move on. Smile