Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
26-01-2012, 08:23 AM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
Cannabis vulgaris is hemp, so I doubt that's what you are smoking. It usually has 0.3% to 0.5% THC, which is too little to even have an effect. Albanicus and balcanica refer to locale even though they may be the identical plant.

That said, it is true that some growers DO refer to vulgaris as "outdoor weed", but it's a misnomer. There is definitely something to be said for outdoor grown weed though. Sure seeds suck, and the potency is low compared to hydroponic weed, but there's something about outdoor that just tastes so nice. Around here we have a short season, so really the only decent outdoor available is Ruderalis, but sometimes it's nice to have. Especially when you're sitting around a fall campfire. Wink

I tell ya Filox, out of everyone here, I think you'd be my #1 pick to sit down and smoke a cannon with. I bet if you had access you'd be one hell of a connoseur! If you ever find yourself in Canada, get your ass on over to my place and you can smoke all you want on me brother!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2012, 03:37 AM
All right, I'll hold you for your word. It will be like couch surfing thing, you will give a couch, I will surf it.

Smile

Now a little bit about crazy and stupid weed dealers from different parts of my country... As i said, we only have regular outdoor weed, so I do not use names for it, other than "weed". It mostly comes form Albany or Bosnia to Croatia, although some grow it in Croatia as well, but you never know where did it come form. Now, I live in the south part of the country, seaside, islands and tourism, much more sun, very little to no snow, warmer than the north part, where the capital is. When I go to see my friends in the capital city, they always have all "sorts" of weed. So if a dealer has a little better weed, they instantly call it "super grass" and if that has no seeds, they instantly proclaim it "skunk". Super grass is 2 times more expensive, skunk is 3 times more expensive and it is all the same weed, they just picked better buds. Rarely, somebody has some indoor growing, so that can be sold at higher prices, but that is rarely the case and no one knows exactly how to grow them, so that is never good as it should be.

Then I come from the south and I have to explain to everybody that there is no such thing as a "super grass" and that what they are trying to sell me is not "skunk" in any case. Then I have to explain to them that I smoke weed and weed is all that is, and that the price of that weed is not the one they are saying, but much less so that they can fuck off with those prices. Then I take out my southern weed and show it to them to see that we have much better buds and still call it just weed, no super names or super prices. I always have to explain plain things to people, because they are stupid.

Smile

Ah, Canada, sounds so nice. Now all i need is to win the lottery... See you when I win.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
29-01-2012, 04:26 AM
I live in western germany near the netherlands and weed is legal there...
So all i have to do is take my "blank" card and go shoppingTongue
I need about 20mins by car to the next shopBig Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Polakmaly's post
29-01-2012, 05:20 AM
(25-01-2012 08:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So lets hear some favorite strains and why you like em.

#1 The Ultimate (pictured at early flowering in my avatar). After a quick, two week dry, it is still smooth, and very fruity smelling. After a proper cure (six weeks minimum, but this one gets WAY better with age. Ask me about my six month cured Ultimate!) it gets an amazing strawberry smell, smokes super smooth, and leaves you with the strawberry aftertaste.

A well rounded high. Gives you that "creative feel" without the confusion that comes with too much head high. Relaxing, but no couch lock. Just enough body stone to relieve pain (in my case arthritis) and leave you feeling like going for a walk instead of passing out. The best medical weed for me by far.

This Ultimate sounds like what I'd like... except the strawberry part. If I think about blackberries, will it do that? I'm not trying to be weird here; a wine will do this and I am only comparing the nuances that I know to be similar. I'm not all keen on strawberry but I'd very much go for a deep rich blackberry.

I like the idea of a relaxing high but I need to move. The main reason I don't do do that voo-doo anymore is because I basically become completely paralyzed. My brain is fine but it's locked into a body made of lead.
Also, I would be an extreme lightweight -I haven't seriously smoked in years.
I've heard vaporizers are the way to go; delivers more to the lungs in a cleaner, less harsh manner. Is this true? Do you have any experience with these? Frankly, I'd really prefer making soups and teas, rather than using it as tobacco. Well, mostly.
What do you do with your seeds, btw? Do you cook and sell them? I buy hemp seeds all the time at my local co-op ... I love them. I'd wondered what the market is bearing these days.
I hate brownies .... I Heart oatmeal cookies.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
29-01-2012, 05:36 PM
I like to try different strains each time I shop, but I know I can rely on White Widow and Blue Dream. Sometimes I'll ask the budtenders what they personally like. That has lead to some positive results. I've asked about The Ultimate, but it seems it's unknown in my small world.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
29-01-2012, 06:22 PM
It's a new strain from Dutch Passion Seeds. I usually don't go for the new ones until all the hype is done with and I can get some honest feedback (ie. NOT info from the creator of the strain, cuz they always claim it's the next big thing). Took a gamble on this one, and it definitely paid off. It will be showing up in the dispensaries in a year or so for sure.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
02-02-2012, 07:05 AM
You cunts, I hate you all, with your superior weed, and names for that weed, and all that cool and super shit about your grass...

Sad

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
02-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Around here we also have White Widow.
My favs are Larry, Sour Flour, Sour Diesel and Lambs Breath.
They are all good.
There is also an outdoor strain here called Boost which is very tasty.

I feel your pain Filox. It sucks to not have it available.
Hope things free up for you.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2012, 11:51 PM
(02-02-2012 09:02 PM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  Around here we also have White Widow.
My favs are Larry, Sour Flour, Sour Diesel and Lambs Breath.
They are all good.
There is also an outdoor strain here called Boost which is very tasty.

I feel your pain Filox. It sucks to not have it available.
Hope things free up for you.

Sour Diesel is good. There's a Blue Diesel that I like as well.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
03-02-2012, 10:45 AM
(02-02-2012 11:51 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sour Diesel is good. There's a Blue Diesel that I like as well.

I'll try it if I see it.

There is one other outdoor I should mention.
Goo.
Not particularly potent, but extremely tasty. Amazing flavor.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post