Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
03-02-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(09-12-2011 06:32 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Am I the only one on this forum who doesn't smoke pot? Not that I have a problem with it. My lungs just really don't like smoke of any kind for some reason.

I don't smoke either-- I have and I guess I'm the paranoid type.. cause when I say HI to someone I assume they heard " I"M HIGH" , and then I'm quiet and freaked out till I sober up.. ugh.. however, reading this thread I'm curious about this body high from eating it.. Just don't know anyone this educated on baked goods..

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2012, 03:54 PM
(03-02-2012 02:15 PM)k37713 Wrote:  
(09-12-2011 06:32 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Am I the only one on this forum who doesn't smoke pot? Not that I have a problem with it. My lungs just really don't like smoke of any kind for some reason.

I don't smoke either-- I have and I guess I'm the paranoid type.. cause when I say HI to someone I assume they heard " I"M HIGH" , and then I'm quiet and freaked out till I sober up.. ugh.. however, reading this thread I'm curious about this body high from eating it.. Just don't know anyone this educated on baked goods..

My first encounter with the Miracle Drug was through brownies. Having had a lifetime of asthma, there are times I can't inhale air without coughing, let alone smoke! The body high is pretty amazing, but don't plan on doing anything but laying around enjoying how good you feel until you fall asleep.
Then I found out about vaporizers and recommend them as the way to go. Although it's vapor, not smoke, I will still sometimes cough, but not as from smoking. After a couple of years of those two techniques, I graduated to a pipe, just because sometimes I don't feel like fooling with my vape. Yes, I cough, but have found that sometimes increases the immediate high for me. Fortunately I've never had much of the paranoia, but I rarely do it away from home, so I'm not too worried about what other people think about it.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
03-02-2012, 04:44 PM
I agree 100% with the vaporizer. It causes the cannabinoids to become vapor, but doesn't get hot enough to combust the plant material. So like Erx said, there's WAY less smoke. (You will get a little smoke until you are familiar with your vape and get the temps just right).

I think the key to not getting paranoia is a combination of taking it slow, and learning to "roll with the high." Start out taking small amounts from the vape, or half a brownie, or whatever. Leave it at that for the evening, even if you think more would be better. Take note of the effects, then increase it next time by just a little bit. You will gradually get to know how much is the right amount for you. Sometimes you will get more effects than you had planned. When that happens, do whatever you would in any other situation to calm yourself. A few deep breaths. Find a quiet place to be alone. Whatever. Just don't make a big deal out of it. Then when you are calm, you will be able to remind yourself that you CANNOT overdose on weed. That's really all it takes to roll with it. Just keep it simple, and enjoy the feeling.

Another big factor is being in a comfortable situation to begin with. That includes people. If you are smoking with someone else, let them know you are new to it. Tell them that making a big deal out of how you act will stress you out. That will help you to relax, and not make you feel like you need to "play straight". Pretending you are straight when you're not is a fast way to feel paranoid and have a harsh buzz. It's all about relaxing, having a good laugh (the giggles are by far my favorite part!) and eating a bag of chips or some good chicken wings (the munchies are great too, but be prepared Wink) All to often, people pretend they are something they are not. Cannabis is all about letting that go, and just being.

All that said, weed is just simply not for everyone. If it doesn't make you feel good or help with what ails you, just let it go. No reason to do it if it doesn't do it for you!

Erx, have you evr tried bubble hash or dry ice hash? If it's done well, it's VERY mild and easy on the lungs. Great way to use a pipe (or better still a bong) without burning the shit out of your lungs. But beware. Sticky hash, or any extract that isn't completely clean can be even worse. Good hash (for smoking) should be extracted kief (a light, fluffy powder) or if it's pressed, should still be light and retain a nice blonde color. If it's sticky, and turns dark, it means it was pressed under a lot of pressure, hot pressed, or both. That causes the tricomes to burst, giving it that resinous stickiness. It's not nescessary, and will cause the THC to degrade faster. The dark brown or black is caused by oxidation. That won't happen with a kief that is gently extracted with no solvents. Dry ice and bubble hash (I much prefer the former to the latter) are the cadillacs of hash.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
03-02-2012, 07:23 PM
My 'ex' and I used to grow and we'd pick certain strains to grow but now (as I have no room to grow) I have to buy it and unfortunately you don't get a lot of choice in the matter.
I used to get a good supply from a close friend when he grew but he got busted about a year and a half ago (for just over a hundred plants - many of them saplings - and this constitutes a 'commercial' quantity so he spent $30,000 on a lawyer which eventually got him off with a 2 year bond, a large fine and an empty bank account Sad ).
It should be decriminalised but I won't be holding my breath.
When there's not much around you can actually get a herbal substitute from 'Club X' (sex shops). Some of it's pretty good and some of it's crap. The government is trying to make it illegal - and has in some states - but it hasn't happened yet here (in Victoria).
I'm lucky in the fact that I don't get paranoia when I smoke and I have a wicked memory (better than most people who don't smoke).
Yes, I love weed Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
03-02-2012, 10:00 PM
(03-02-2012 07:23 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I'm lucky in the fact that I don't get paranoia when I smoke and I have a wicked memory ....

It's a blessing and a curse. Wink

#sigh
03-02-2012, 10:09 PM
(03-02-2012 10:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 07:23 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I'm lucky in the fact that I don't get paranoia when I smoke and I have a wicked memory ....

It's a blessing and a curse. Wink

Okay, Girly
Give me an example of how it would be a curse. And while you're at it, could you give me an example of how it would be a curse? Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 4 users Like aurora's post
03-02-2012, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 12:02 AM by GirlyMan.)
(03-02-2012 10:09 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 10:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's a blessing and a curse. Wink

Okay, Girly
Give me an example of how it would be a curse. And while you're at it, could you give me an example of how it would be a curse? Tongue

The recollection of experiences you would be better off forgetting.

#sigh
04-02-2012, 12:33 AM
(03-02-2012 04:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Erx, have you evr tried bubble hash or dry ice hash? If it's done well, it's VERY mild and easy on the lungs. Great way to use a pipe (or better still a bong) without burning the shit out of your lungs. But beware. Sticky hash, or any extract that isn't completely clean can be even worse. Good hash (for smoking) should be extracted kief (a light, fluffy powder) or if it's pressed, should still be light and retain a nice blonde color. If it's sticky, and turns dark, it means it was pressed under a lot of pressure, hot pressed, or both. That causes the tricomes to burst, giving it that resinous stickiness. It's not nescessary, and will cause the THC to degrade faster. The dark brown or black is caused by oxidation. That won't happen with a kief that is gently extracted with no solvents. Dry ice and bubble hash (I much prefer the former to the latter) are the cadillacs of hash.

I was going to answer this more extensively until I remembered I had some White Widow bubble hash. So, to be continued...maybe...

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Now decriminalized in The Woo; anything under a z is a ticket. Where's my roach? One AM run for milk and cookies... Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-02-2012, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 01:07 AM by Erxomai.)
(03-02-2012 04:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Erx, have you evr tried bubble hash or dry ice hash? If it's done well, it's VERY mild and easy on the lungs. Great way to use a pipe (or better still a bong) without burning the shit out of your lungs. But beware. Sticky hash, or any extract that isn't completely clean can be even worse. Good hash (for smoking) should be extracted kief (a light, fluffy powder) or if it's pressed, should still be light and retain a nice blonde color. If it's sticky, and turns dark, it means it was pressed under a lot of pressure, hot pressed, or both. That causes the tricomes to burst, giving it that resinous stickiness. It's not nescessary, and will cause the THC to degrade faster. The dark brown or black is caused by oxidation. That won't happen with a kief that is gently extracted with no solvents. Dry ice and bubble hash (I much prefer the former to the latter) are the cadillacs of hash.

I never addressed this properly. I've become quite the fan of bubble hash. In fact, tonight I've been enjoying one called Headband. I've found I like bubble hash much more than kief. I don't like the way it keeps burning until it's all consumed.

I've been wondering about making hash brownies. Do you know how many grams I'd need to use? At $25 a gram, it may not really be cost effective.
(19-02-2012 12:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Now decriminalized in The Woo; anything under a z is a ticket. Where's my roach? One AM run for milk and cookies... Angel

Pick me up some Reeses peanut butter cups.

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post