Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
19-02-2012, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 12:51 PM by Stark Raving.)
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
2g of good bubble hash/dry ice hash simmered in 1/2 cup of butter will give you a good ratio. Cook it into a recipe that gives you two dozen portions (ie 24 cookies) and one or two portions will do ya. Just make sure you simmer long enough to de-carb the hash.

$25 for a gram is pretty steep. Round these here parts you'd pay $15 (or so I hear Wink)
(19-02-2012 01:07 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I've found I like bubble hash much more than kief. I don't like the way it keeps burning until it's all consumed.

Just a point of interest....bubble hash is kief. It's just very well filtered kief. That means less plant matter (virtually none unless it has a greenish color). Just wanted to clear that up since often people assume I am refering to leftovers from grinding as kief. I call that "dirty kief" and it goes in with the rest to be properly filtered into good kief.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2012, 12:57 PM
(19-02-2012 12:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  2g of good bubble hash/dry ice hash simmered in 1/2 cup of butter will give you a good ratio. Cook it into a recipe that gives you two dozen portions (ie 24 cookies) and one or two portions will do ya. Just make sure you simmer long enough to de-carb the hash.

$25 for a gram is pretty steep. Round these here parts you'd pay $15 (or so I hear Wink)
(19-02-2012 01:07 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I've found I like bubble hash much more than kief. I don't like the way it keeps burning until it's all consumed.

Just a point of interest....bubble hash is kief. It's just very well filtered kief. That means less plant matter (virtually none unless it has a greenish color). Just wanted to clear that up since often people assume I am refering to leftovers from grinding as kief. I call that "dirty kief" and it goes in with the rest to be properly filtered into good kief.

Ah, that makes sense. The place I go calls the powdery kind kief and the sticky stuff bubble hash. The former is $20/g, although they just lowered the bubble hash from $30 to $25, so maybe the other went to $15.

And I'm sure you get discounted pricing. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-02-2012, 01:01 PM
If they have kief (powder) for less, get that to make your edibles. It's the same stuff, just hasn't been pressed. (Less work equals a lower price) It will mix into your butter easier, and cost ya less.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
19-02-2012, 01:03 PM
You really should write a book! Idea

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-02-2012, 01:07 PM
LOL, if only I had the attention span!

Dude, you really gotta get your ass up here to Canada so we can smoke together.

In fact, ALL the TTA smokers need to come. I've got plenty of space, a huge bonfire pit, I can cook like a son-of-a-bitch, and can provide all the "party favors" nescessary.

19-02-2012, 02:22 PM
(19-02-2012 01:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  LOL, if only I had the attention span!

Dude, you really gotta get your ass up here to Canada so we can smoke together.

In fact, ALL the TTA smokers need to come. I've got plenty of space, a huge bonfire pit, I can cook like a son-of-a-bitch, and can provide all the "party favors" nescessary.

Let's have an International TTA Campout this summer!

~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
19-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Hell yes!

19-02-2012, 03:12 PM
(19-02-2012 02:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Hell yes!

I envision it as something like this:

[Image: woodstock.jpg]

~Izel
20-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:. Pretending you are straight when you're not is a fast way to feel paranoid and have a harsh buzz.

You nailed it completely. The only way that I have avoided this in the past is to be a lil tipsy from alchohol and to be relaxed enough that I don't sit there over analyzing my actions. Smile And I dont smoke enough to get the spins just a good case of the giggle.

but if its just pot-- I find myself trying to act "normal" the entire time and therefore being completely unlike myself and a recluse..

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
20-02-2012, 01:10 PM
(20-02-2012 01:04 PM)k37713 Wrote:  
Quote:. Pretending you are straight when you're not is a fast way to feel paranoid and have a harsh buzz.

You nailed it completely. The only way that I have avoided this in the past is to be a lil tipsy from alchohol and to be relaxed enough that I don't sit there over analyzing my actions. Smile And I dont smoke enough to get the spins just a good case of the giggle.

but if its just pot-- I find myself trying to act "normal" the entire time and therefore being completely unlike myself and a recluse..

The solution may be as simple as smoking a lil on your own, or if that makes you uncomfortable, find ONE person who you trust and ask them to just hang out with you. Watch a movie, or find something else where you don't have to interact with one another. After a couple times you'll feel more comfortable talking to that person about how you are feeling. Make sure they realize that you want to talk about your high. Then you won't feel awkward discussing it after you smoke.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post