Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
20-02-2012, 01:13 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(20-02-2012 01:10 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 01:04 PM)k37713 Wrote:  
Quote:. Pretending you are straight when you're not is a fast way to feel paranoid and have a harsh buzz.

You nailed it completely. The only way that I have avoided this in the past is to be a lil tipsy from alchohol and to be relaxed enough that I don't sit there over analyzing my actions. Smile And I dont smoke enough to get the spins just a good case of the giggle.

but if its just pot-- I find myself trying to act "normal" the entire time and therefore being completely unlike myself and a recluse..

The solution may be as simple as smoking a lil on your own, or if that makes you uncomfortable, find ONE person who you trust and ask them to just hang out with you. Watch a movie, or find something else where you don't have to interact with one another. After a couple times you'll feel more comfortable talking to that person about how you are feeling. Make sure they realize that you want to talk about your high. Then you won't feel awkward discussing it after you smoke.

It sounds like you need to go to Stark's 1st Annual International TTA Campout, then you'll have a chance to practice! Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2012, 06:27 PM
(19-02-2012 02:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 01:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  LOL, if only I had the attention span!

Dude, you really gotta get your ass up here to Canada so we can smoke together.

In fact, ALL the TTA smokers need to come. I've got plenty of space, a huge bonfire pit, I can cook like a son-of-a-bitch, and can provide all the "party favors" nescessary.

Let's have an International TTA Campout this summer!

Now THAT would be cool 'cos it'll be winter here. Only one problem as my son is a black hole...sucking the lifeblood out of my savings!!! ***cries again***

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
20-02-2012, 09:47 PM
(20-02-2012 06:27 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 02:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 01:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  LOL, if only I had the attention span!

Dude, you really gotta get your ass up here to Canada so we can smoke together.

In fact, ALL the TTA smokers need to come. I've got plenty of space, a huge bonfire pit, I can cook like a son-of-a-bitch, and can provide all the "party favors" nescessary.

Let's have an International TTA Campout this summer!

Now THAT would be cool 'cos it'll be winter here. Only one problem as my son is a black hole...sucking the lifeblood out of my savings!!! ***cries again***

Maybe you can sell one of his kidneys to cover expenses. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Wow. Made canna-toffee today. Just wow.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
21-02-2012, 05:40 PM
(21-02-2012 05:39 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Wow. Made canna-toffee today. Just wow.

That sounds awesome. I'd love to give that a go Smile

21-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Not hard to make at all. Basically it's a cheat recipe. Melt a bunch of toffees in a double boiler, add your cannabutter and a squirt of condensed milk, stir it up then when it cools a little, roll it into a thin long snake and cut er up! If you really want to try it, I can share a few more tips if you like.

21-02-2012, 06:03 PM
(21-02-2012 05:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Not hard to make at all. Basically it's a cheat recipe. Melt a bunch of toffees in a double boiler, add your cannabutter and a squirt of condensed milk, stir it up then when it cools a little, roll it into a thin long snake and cut er up! If you really want to try it, I can share a few more tips if you like.

I'll have to get a hold of some kief as I only purchase buds and then that's an expensive goddamn butter!
I'll have the tips anyway if it's no trouble 'cos I should be able to get some somewhere.
Thanks Smile

[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
22-02-2012, 03:01 PM
We did choco-weed a few weeks ago and it was great. The procedure is very simple, you make THC butter and just ad chocolate, cool it a bit and then fight over it with your friends. I didn't even filter the weed out, I left everything so it had a really special taste and texture. I like it, but not everyone will.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
26-02-2012, 08:31 PM
[Image: 2012-02-26_212931.png]

Rutland Red Hair weed... by the lake...

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
28-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Sorry it took so long Aurora....you know how it is.

Stark Raving Toffee:

1/4 c canna butter (It should be strong enough for 24 "doses")
24 toffees. (I use the Kerr brand. Just make sure they are toffees without filling)

It's really a simple procedure, but it may take a couple tries to get the toffees right without sticking to everything. Melt your unwrapped toffees in a double boiler. I actually use a glass mixing bowl floated in a pot of water, since it's easier to get the toffee out after. Add the canna butter to the toffee, with about a tablespoon or less of cream to help it blend together. Slowly mix until you have an even consistency. This part takes time, since you don't want the mix to get too hot (vaporizing that precious THC) and not letting it cool so much that the toffee gets lumpy. Once it's smooth, let it cool enough that you can easily roll it into a ball, but won't stick to your hands. Give your hands a light spray with PAM to make this WAY easier. Next, VERY LIGHTLY spray PAM into two muffin tins (12 spaces each) then evenly divide the toffee into the tins. Let it sit (still fairly warm) for about five minutes. The toffee will cool into a disk on the bottom of the muffin trays. Pop out the disks (this is why we greased the pan to start with, and roll them into little tubes. Wrap each in a piece of wax paper, and voila!

The toffee will feel oily when you take it out of the trays. You can put the toffees onto a paper towel to soak up the cooking spray, but don't wipe them. Part of the oilyness is the canna butter, and once the toffees have completely cooled, that will go away.

If things are not going well, which happens easily since toffee can be hard to work with, take a step back and let it cool for another minute. If you need to add heat, place it in the oven (NEVER in the microwave!!) for a few minutes on the lowest setting. Keep in mind that when you add heat, you loose potency. Not a biggie if it's for a couple minutes, but any more than that and your toffees may come out less potent than they should.

Just a tip: to make toffees, or any other edibles, that don't have a strong cannabis taste, use canna butter made with kief instead of bud. The strong taste comes from the plant matter, and by using kief or hash for your butter, you get rid of most of the canna taste. It also makes it easier to judge how strong your butter will be.

Just remember, even if the toffee doesn't turn out very pretty, it will still taste good, and it will still work!!

[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post