Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
15-11-2011, 02:39 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
Stumbled over this link right now...
http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/201...wback.html

As we now have "official" MJ thread, I'll pile up the links as I find them. I consider that "I'm not quite human" in Arizona, when I get back to Worcester I may become involved in issues such as this - there is simply zero sense in criminalization.

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2011, 07:02 AM
I see a lot of you are saying that those who grow weed for sale put a lot of chemicals in weed. I heard that a lot of times here in Croatia as well. But then when you start to ask around what is it that people actually put in the ground or what they use to spray over the buds, you find only silence.

People, that is one of the big urban myths, there are no chemicals used to make pot more potent. Only thing I know people use to put in the ground is the fertilizer and nothing is used to spray on the buds. There are several reasons for this, first one being the price of the chemicals. It would make pot too expensive, so it is not worth to do it. Other thing is that most of the chemicals you will spray on the buds would not work if dried and smoked, it would not have the effect you think it would. And do not be mistaken, a lot of people that buy pot (the buyers) know what they are smoking and know their weed, so if you put some stupid chemicals, people will notice it and they will stop buying it. The best weed is the most simple one, water and a lot of sun with good quality seeds to begin with. A bit of fertilizer during growth, organic one if possible...

If you find any evidence that I am wrong, I would love to see it, until then, I consider this to be one of those urban myths. Of course, every country has different weed and growers, but it's all similar. Try watching some of the videos about growing top quality weed, and you will never, ever see any chemicals used to make the pot stronger.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
17-11-2011, 10:37 AM
That wasn't me. Big Grin

I remember back in the day, going walkabout with my buddy while he checked his plants... you know them peeps who get excessive with their landscaping? My buddy would just throw some seeds in there... four months later, nature's bounty, no bust. Wink

17-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Filox is right. There isn't much, if any, weed out there that's had chemicals added to it to increase potency. The only way to do that would be to "lace" pot with something like coke or acid. Now if the people who spread those rumors would just stop and think for a second, they'd realize that lacing pot is crazy. You are taking a VERY expensive drug like coke, and dumping it on something cheap like weed. Noone would do this since it would just mean wasting money!

It is important to note, however, that there is weed out there that has lots of chemicals in it. Not the narcotic kind, but the fertilizer kind. MJ grown with organic nutrients tends to be more potent, but the main difference that you can identify is taste. When you smoke weed that crackles and leaves behind a black ash, there could be lots of chemical nutrients left behind. A good grower will use organic nutrients, and most also "flush" their crop before harvest. (Flushing is basically using water only during the week or two before harvest to flush any nutrient buildup out of the plant. This is still an unproven practice, but many growers swear by it). And after all that, even if you could get the exact same product with chemical nutes as from organic, using organic is just better for the earth.

Just as a footnote: I do understand that we are not really using the word "chemical" properly, since everything in nature is chemical. But most people understand that when we say "chemical" we mean "artificially derived", as opposed to "organic" which means "nutrients derived from natural processes".

Just visiting.

-SR
17-11-2011, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2011 07:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-11-2011 11:13 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Filox is right. There isn't much, if any, weed out there that's had chemicals added to it to increase potency. The only way to do that would be to "lace" pot with something like coke or acid. Now if the people who spread those rumors would just stop and think for a second, they'd realize that lacing pot is crazy. You are taking a VERY expensive drug like coke, and dumping it on something cheap like weed. Noone would do this since it would just mean wasting money!

Back in the day they'd lace it with PCP, which was cheaper than weed. ... But from what I'm told, today there's no reason to lace because the THC content has been elevated to the point where lacing it just diminishes it.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
17-11-2011, 07:52 PM
(17-11-2011 07:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ... But from what I'm told, today there's no reason to lace because the THC content has been elevated to the point where lacing it diminishes it.

More importantly, hash has proportionately elevated as well!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Any growing tips for me during the winter bros?
18-11-2011, 10:24 AM
(18-11-2011 09:40 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  Any growing tips for me during the winter bros?

Are you growing in dirt or hydroponics?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
18-11-2011, 03:36 PM
(17-11-2011 07:52 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(17-11-2011 07:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ... But from what I'm told, today there's no reason to lace because the THC content has been elevated to the point where lacing it diminishes it.

More importantly, hash has proportionately elevated as well!

I like the way this guy thinks. We used to get "black gungy' from Montreal - yikes. Talk about "make the day go away." Big Grin

18-11-2011, 05:06 PM
(18-11-2011 03:36 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  We used to get "black gungy' from Montreal - yikes. Talk about "make the day go away." Big Grin

Just the name alone makes it sound magical.

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post