Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
05-03-2012, 08:47 AM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(05-03-2012 03:56 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  TT, I bet a recipe for soft ginger snaps would actually be kick ass. Next batch of cookies I make, I'll try ginger snaps and let you know how they turn out.

Ooh, now that sounds tasty.
Ginger may work very well. Delicious!

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
08-03-2012, 12:05 PM
(05-03-2012 08:47 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(05-03-2012 03:56 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  TT, I bet a recipe for soft ginger snaps would actually be kick ass. Next batch of cookies I make, I'll try ginger snaps and let you know how they turn out.

Ginger snaps get my official thumbs up! Tried em last night. The ginger really covered the cannabis taste well, and the slight flavor that remained went very well with the ginger. GREAT call TT!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Awesome! Big Grin
I have not cooked with it yet.
Can you post or send a dummy proof recipe I can try?
I am eager to give it a go.
Now I'M all jacked up about it!

08-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Do you need a recipe for making canna butter, or a recipe for ginger snap cookies? My cookie recipe isn't the greatest, so for that you'd be better off just lookin in a cookbook or online.

08-03-2012, 01:27 PM
(08-03-2012 01:13 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Do you need a recipe for making canna butter, or a recipe for ginger snap cookies? My cookie recipe isn't the greatest, so for that you'd be better off just lookin in a cookbook or online.

Nah. I'll just buy the butter local. Less fuss.
Not much of a chef here.
OK. I'll find a good recipe somewhere and try it.
TY.
Are there any known "don'ts"? Too much heat or maybe an ingredient that is known to not blend tastes well?

08-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Well the number one "don't" is: NEVER put canna butter in the microwave. EVER. It will vaporize THC before the butter even gets warm. Here's a few tips I've learned along the way:

-Never microwave canna butter

-Try to make edibles that cook relatively quickly. (That's why cookies work well) The longer you cook the weaker the product will be.

-When making cookies, keep them on the small side to speed up cooking time, and remember that an over cooked cookie is hard and weak. A slightly undercooked one is extra soft and stronger.

-Try to find recipes that require twice the amount of butter in the recipe than the amount of canna buter you wish to use. So if you want to make cookies with half a cup of canna butter, find a recipe that requires one cup of butter. Then you can use half canna, and half regular butter.

-Make sure your butter is well filtered. Cananbis has a distinct taste, but it should be mild. If there is lots of plant matter, then the chlorophyl will over power the taste and make a nasty product. If you buyy your butter pre-made, and it has a greenish, kind of slimy substance on the bottom, it was poorly filtered. Unfortunately, that stuff has a lot of THC in it, so scraping it off will reduce the potency of your butter.

-Good canna butter should only have a hint of green to it, if at all. THC (and the tricomes that contain it) are a light tan color. So the more green the butter, the more chlorophyl, and the worse the taste. (That's why top notch hash is both powerful AND smooth. Chlorophyl burns the throat and dilutes the potency)

-If you make your own butter, learn to be patient. It takes time to extract the THC, and increasing heat does not expedite the process, it simply causes more THC to vaporize. Low heat for longer is the best way to get a good product. Learn to love your slow cooker!

Lastly, there is a tendancy to want to make a "super edible." Don't be afraid to make a cookie that is a half dose. There will be less canna to other ingredients, so the cookie will taste better, and then you have an excuse to eat two cookies instead of one! When I hear people brag about how the make brownies that are so strong, that half of one will get you totally fried, I ask if they taste good. The answer is always, "no." I say, make me a big huge, delicious brownie, that I can enjoy. I'll get the same amount of THC, I'll enjoy eating the brownie, and it will make an overall better experience. Not to mention, shocking your stomach with a huge dose of canna butter contained in a teeny little brownie can make some people sick. If that happens, then what's the point?

Enjoy!

TT, I'd love to hear how things turn out for you.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
08-03-2012, 01:49 PM
(08-03-2012 12:05 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(05-03-2012 08:47 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  

Ginger snaps get my official thumbs up! Tried em last night. The ginger really covered the cannabis taste well, and the slight flavor that remained went very well with the ginger. GREAT call TT!

I'll take two dozen, please. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
08-03-2012, 02:19 PM
(08-03-2012 01:49 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'll take two dozen, please. Big Grin

Any time man. I love sharing! I usually end up giving half of what I bake away. I like to see how happy people get when they recieve it as a gift instead of paying for it. Plus, with less edibles around, I have an excuse to experiment more!

08-03-2012, 04:10 PM
(08-03-2012 02:19 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(08-03-2012 01:49 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'll take two dozen, please. Big Grin

Any time man. I love sharing! I usually end up giving half of what I bake away. I like to see how happy people get when they recieve it as a gift instead of paying for it. Plus, with less edibles around, I have an excuse to experiment more!

I'd ask you to send some to me (I'd pay the freight) but the bastards at customs will definitely confiscate it. It sucks Sad

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
30-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Hey Stark, if you're ever lurking this way...

Have you heard of a strain called "Strawberry"? I got some Strawberry hash and this shit is the most amazing hash I've had in my short time of dealing with the product. I went back and got a second gram and it's just as potent a high as the first gram. Plus, considering I'm a chronic user, to get that strong a buzz was quite the pleasant surprise! Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post