Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
31-05-2012, 05:00 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(31-05-2012 11:57 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What's everyone's favorite way to medicate?

Fresh bud? Cured bud? Pipe? Joint? Bong? Concentrates? Edibles?
Joints Thumbsup (was a bong for many years).

What's 'cured' bud? (asks the uneducated weed-head) Huh

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2012, 06:54 PM
(31-05-2012 11:57 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What's everyone's favorite way to medicate?

Fresh bud? Cured bud? Pipe? Joint? Bong? Concentrates? Edibles?
I like to mix it up from time to time. I have a couple of different pipes, a vaporizer and a bong. Edibles are often welcome as well. I also switch around between hash and different strains. I like a good Indica before bed or a Sativa or good hybrid to get me smiling. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
31-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Rora, cured bud is when you take a slowly dried bud and seal it to let it age. if it's properly sealed (I use a vacuum chamber, and seal in glass jars) it improves flavor, reduces harshness (read-smoothest shit EVER), and increases potency (let's it slowly de-carb)

I'm kinda with Erx. I like variety. And since I constantly have different strains to experiment with, I'm always trying each in different ways to find what strain is best suited to what type of consumption. However, most of the time, my main preference as of late is oil. I've really got my method down to an art, so I make some ass kickin oil. Also, I think the art of rolling a great joint is being lost these days with all the fancy glass you can get. I love my glass, don't get me wrong, but there's something about the process of rolling and smoking a carefully crafted joint that makes the experience reach a new level.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
31-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Erx, do you roll with a crutch, or without?

31-05-2012, 09:45 PM
(31-05-2012 09:42 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Erx, do you roll with a crutch, or without?
Neither. I suck at rolling, having tried both methods. I'm not a true stoner, I guess. Sad

Also, when I smoke a joint, I feel that the weed burns up a lot more quickly than when I can control the flame better with a pipe and make the medicine last longer.

How many strains do you typically grow at any given time?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
31-05-2012, 09:55 PM
At the moment, I have six going. The collection is growing too big though. Almost time to cut a few more players from the team.

Not sure how many strains I've grown, but it's gotta be at least forty. Usually I start a group of seeds, and keep th six best females. Then I clone each to preserve the genetics, then flower the plants that came from the seed. Whichever one performs the best is the clone I keep in the collection (assuming of course the strain is worthy of keeping) and she becomes the mom.

31-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Can different strains grow next to each other or do you have to keep them separate?

~Izel
31-05-2012, 10:04 PM
I grow them together. No male plants means no pollination, so there's no risk of messing up the genetics by having plants together. They do tend to need slightly different care though. Once you get to know a strain, you learn that this one likes a little extra nitrogen, that one is sensitive to too much potassium, and the one in the corner grows like crap without a ton of extra enzyme. That's all stuff that comes with tweaking though. It's not really hard to grow good pot, nor is it hard to get huge buds. The hard part is getting big harvests of top shelf weed. That's why we tweak.

If you love weed, you can grow great weed.

If you love to grow weed, you'll grow the best.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
31-05-2012, 10:33 PM
(31-05-2012 09:39 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Rora, cured bud is when you take a slowly dried bud and seal it to let it age. if it's properly sealed (I use a vacuum chamber, and seal in glass jars) it improves flavor, reduces harshness (read-smoothest shit EVER), and increases potency (let's it slowly de-carb)

I'm kinda with Erx. I like variety. And since I constantly have different strains to experiment with, I'm always trying each in different ways to find what strain is best suited to what type of consumption. However, most of the time, my main preference as of late is oil. I've really got my method down to an art, so I make some ass kickin oil. Also, I think the art of rolling a great joint is being lost these days with all the fancy glass you can get. I love my glass, don't get me wrong, but there's something about the process of rolling and smoking a carefully crafted joint that makes the experience reach a new level.
Reduces harshness, huh. Sounds pretty good to me (I had an idea that that's what you meant).

I roll crutchless..... Big Grin

Most people I know (now) can't grow it properly to save themselves. Fucking useless bastards! Dodgy They don't flush them at the end of their cycle which it means your throat falls out when you smoke it.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
06-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Hey Stark, I have one word for you:

Fresh Strawberry Hash....mmmmm

~Izel