Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
24-06-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(24-06-2012 07:57 PM)bemore Wrote:  Thank you for all the hypothetical advice.......

If such an event were to cross my mind I will dismiss it Cool

Too late, 'cause I had a friend 'bout an hours drive away and all, looking for a little somethin' somethin', so I drove out there. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2012, 10:57 AM
A Farmer's Story

A DEA officer stopped at a small farm in Kansas to talk with the farmer who owned the place. He advised the farmer, "I need to inspect your farm for illegally grown drugs, you know - pot.".

The farmer said, "Oh, that's ok, but don't go in that field over there." and pointed in the direction of a vast field surrounded by large, sturdy fence, which to the officer, seemed out of place on such a small farm.

The DEA officer verbally exploded at the farmer stating, "Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me!" With that, the officer pulled from his pants' pocket his badge, and proudly displayed it to the farmer. "See this fucking badge? This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I want…ON ANY LAND! Are we clear?! Do you understand?!

The farmer nodded politely and apologized and proceeded to busy himself with his chores.

A short while later, the farmer heard loud screams and looked up. He saw the DEA officer running for his life being chased by the farmer's nastiest, meanest bull through the fenced off field. The bull was swiftly gaining ground on the terrified officer and with each stride, it seemed more likely that the officer would surely be gored before he reached the safety of the fence.

The farmer threw his tools down, ran to the fence, and yelled at the top of his lungs… "Show him your fucking badge!"

The End

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 9 users Like kim's post
02-07-2012, 01:21 PM
That was a good one Kim.

Especially since last week I had a similar visit! Not nearly as funny though. The officer told me he wanted to go for a walk through in the bush behind my house to make sure there were no illegal outdoor crops. I said, "um, no you may not search my property" to which he replied, "oh, ok."

Kind of a boring story, but yours made me wish I had a big nasty bull! Lol

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
02-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Wouldn't refusing make him suspicious? What is the penalty for unorthodox gardening in Canada?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Suspicion is NOT probable cause. I don't grow illegally outdoors, or anywhere for that matter. Just cuz he wants to snoop around doesn't give him the right to invade my privacy. Without a warrant you can decline any and all searches. If you are then searched, regardless of what they find, without proving they had probable cause to execute a search, all charges are void.

The cop was actually a pretty nice guy. A lot of the time they are asking in case you don't know your rights. That just makes it easier for them if they truly want to search, but I doubt he expected me to give him permission in the first place. He didn't bat an eyelash when I told him no.

Oh, I'm in canada btw. And the states laws with regard to searches are very very similar. In the states the police have a little more leeway, but not much. Here, our cops have very strict rules, especially when it comes to people's homes.

02-07-2012, 03:13 PM
(02-07-2012 02:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  Wouldn't refusing make him suspicious? What is the penalty for unorthodox gardening in Canada?
No hockey. For a month. Blink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-07-2012, 03:21 PM
So if I understand correctly, if you *had* given permission, then he could have caused trouble for you if he found anything, but since you explicitly refused permission, even if he did a little snooping, he couldn't use the giant field of marijuana behind your house as evidence?

I love legal stuff. It's so hilariously counter-intuitive. Big Grin
02-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Just as a side note, always remember, if a cop wants to search you, they will tell you anything to get you to comply. That includes lying. They can say they have the right to frisk you, even if they don't. It's your responsibility to know your rights.

"I do not consent to any searches"

That phrase should be on the lips of every citizen. Not because you have "something to hide" (cops love telling you that by denting a search it shows you have something to hide) but because no one has the right to invade your privacy. That includes law enforcement.

Remember too, if the officer goes ahead and searches anyways, physically comply. Don't get in their way, don't squirm if they frisk you, nothing. Just repeat the phrase then shut your mouth. First, if it was unlawful, no charges will be laid no matter what they find, but second, and more important, these guys are risking their asses. Being a cop is a tough job, and they gotta stay safe. So just assume he thought your belt buckle was a gun, then try to be understanding about how fucking scary that would be for him.

Surprisingly to some, I really support cops and what they do. They are very under appreciated. Thing is, I don't let that respect blur the situation. It's not a cops job to "help you out", it's their job to catch bad guys. So when they tell you to show them the weed, because they just wanna help you out, you need to do your part and realize that helping out means putting handcuffs on you if you've broken the law.

[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
02-07-2012, 03:28 PM
(02-07-2012 03:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  So if I understand correctly, if you *had* given permission, then he could have caused trouble for you if he found anything, but since you explicitly refused permission, even if he did a little snooping, he couldn't use the giant field of marijuana behind your house as evidence?

I love legal stuff. It's so hilariously counter-intuitive. Big Grin
Correct.

Really though, even if I had said yes, he wouldn't have found anything other than ten million wood ticks. So really, I did the guy a favor. And he probably knew it too. Lol

03-07-2012, 09:19 AM
File this under heresy Smile

An firm in Israel had developed "highless" marijuana....WTF? I any part of the world needs a mellow buzz I woul posit they do.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/drag-israeli-fi...y%3Doldest

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post