Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
04-07-2012, 07:05 AM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(04-07-2012 06:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 10:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  Drugs are useful. Tell the anesthesiologist that you don't want any drugs when you go for surgery, or the dentist when you have a root canal. Dodgy
Ok let me rephrase seeming you'll are gonna be nitpicky.

Drugs not administered by a doctor in a controlled environment or prescription drugs used as via the directions, are bad.
How is it nitpicky to take someone at his word? If you want to be understood, be a little more precise in your statements.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2012, 07:11 AM
(04-07-2012 06:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ok let me rephrase seeming you'll are gonna be nitpicky.

Drugs not administered by a doctor in a controlled environment or prescription drugs used as via the directions, are bad.
Have you ever took any drugs yourself muffs???

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
04-07-2012, 07:14 AM
(04-07-2012 07:11 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(04-07-2012 06:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ok let me rephrase seeming you'll are gonna be nitpicky.

Have you ever took any drugs yourself muffs???
Oh yes this argument, it always arises. "Have you tried it yourself?!"

Tell me this bemore, have you drunk 1L of cyanide? No? Then how do you know it will kill you?

aka, I don't need to experience first hand to know when not to do something.

And before the I bet you drink argument comes up, I don't.

Quote: How is it nitpicky to take someone at his word? If you want to be understood, be a little more precise in your statements.
Because it is a bit obscure that you suggest that I was suggesting people not accept drugs when going into surgery.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-07-2012, 07:31 AM
(04-07-2012 07:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote: How is it nitpicky to take someone at his word? If you want to be understood, be a little more precise in your statements.
Because it is a bit obscure that you suggest that I was suggesting people not accept drugs when going into surgery.
No, you made a blanket statement. Be careful with those.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2012, 07:44 AM
(04-07-2012 07:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh yes this argument, it always arises. "Have you tried it yourself?!"

Tell me this bemore, have you drunk 1L of cyanide? No? Then how do you know it will kill you?

aka, I don't need to experience first hand to know when not to do something.

And before the I bet you drink argument comes up, I don't.
Im not disagreeing with you EM about drugs being bad, its your viewpoint bro and to be honest in the wrong circumstances drugs can be deadly.

There is a flip side though dude with drugs and they can be very enjoyable things....... Smoking a small joint after a hard days graft, breathing out and feeling your body relax...... Taking a few Ecstacy tabs and for a few hours experiencing nothing but pure bliss and love...... Dropping a bit of amphetamine and happily and meticulosuly cleaning your house to some drum and bass in world record timing Bowing

I think its all about safe and responsible use, and in moderation just like with anything.

Do you think your views would change if all drugs became legalised..... with the tax money raised being put into rehabiliation, education and regulation with plenty of ££££ left over???

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
04-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Thing is, drugs do have a bit of a scary rep - especially hard drugs. I've smoked a bit of weed but that's the most I'll ever do - the rest... it's just too scary. I know that in 99.9% of the cases it's probably OK but I don't wanna be the 0.1%. I won't ever do drugs unless they become legal, and even then probably not. Illegal drugs are too risky period (for me anyway). It's dodgy chemicals which I don't know where the *fuck* they came from... sure, maybe they're fine. I get my kicks in other ways.

I don't knock anyone who wants to, go ahead. But ja... I get freaked out by drugs. I guess the anti drug crowd can rest easy that they've done a good job on me Tongue
04-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Got a question for you Earmuffs.....how do you know weed is bad? (I'm keeping it to marijuana instead of drugs in general since this is the cannabis thread, and if we discuss ALL drugs, it would be a technical nightmare)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-07-2012, 10:34 AM
(04-07-2012 09:34 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Got a question for you Earmuffs.....how do you know weed is bad? (I'm keeping it to marijuana instead of drugs in general since this is the cannabis thread, and if we discuss ALL drugs, it would be a technical nightmare)
How do you know fatty food will make you fat?
How do you know cigarettes will cause cancer?
How do you know sugar can cause diabetes?
etc..

Quote: Im not disagreeing with you EM about drugs being bad, its your viewpoint
bro and to be honest in the wrong circumstances drugs can be deadly.

There is a flip side though dude with drugs and they can be very
enjoyable things....... Smoking a small joint after a hard days graft,
breathing out and feeling your body relax...... Taking a few Ecstacy
tabs and for a few hours experiencing nothing but pure bliss and
love...... Dropping a bit of amphetamine and happily and meticulosuly
cleaning your house to some drum and bass in world record timing [Image: bowing.gif]

I think its all about safe and responsible use, and in moderation just like with anything.

Do you think your views would change if all drugs became legalised.....
with the tax money raised being put into rehabiliation, education and
regulation with plenty of ££££ left over???
It's all fun and games until the receptors in your brain start to get fucked over and memory loss ensues, as well as damage to be able to learn new things, as well as anxiety and all those other negative shit.
So sure, a joint after work or some E on the weekends may seem harmless, but it all adds up.

And legal or illegal it makes no difference, the negative side effects are still there hence it's still bad.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Lmao, wow, looks like you really do have earmuffs on. If you don't have an answer, it's ok to say so dude. Heck, you may even learn something.

Oh, and I know things because evidence points me in that direction. When new evidence arises, I alter my opinion accordingly.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-07-2012, 11:45 AM
It's ok Muff - you don't have to take THC. But if I were you, I'd do a little chemical research and find out something about it before condemning it. You might be somewhat surprised at the amount of misinformation placed in the hands of the general public.

Historically, a great deal of the issue has been political in nature... especially in the US. Hmm... does anyone really want the US to provide all it's political propaganda about this subject to be the global standard? Maybe that's the question that needs to be asked and acted on, before someone decides what's bad for everyone.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post