Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
19-11-2011, 08:04 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
Tricomes (ie resin/the stuff that gets you high/THC) indeed dissolve in alcohol. In fact alcohol (or other solvents) and fat are the two ways to extract THC. Dissolving it in booze, however, is very innefficient. It works, but not great. Dissolving in pure alcohol (Isopropyl 99%) is how you get oil. Using butane gives you honey oil, and so on. The difference is using a solvent means you can easily remove the solvent, leaving you with a concentrate. Using fat leaves the THC suspended, but also makes it available to the blood stream by slowing the digestion of the THC.

Basically what I'm getting at is: don't waste good bud or even good shake on booze.

My Cannabutter recipe:

For each ounce of dried shake (or 4 oz wet shake), very well ground add:
1 cup (1/2 pound) butter
enough water to just cover
turn on the slower cooker on low.
Stir after 1/2 hour, after 1 hour, then every 1 1/2 hours after that.
after 6 hours the bud should be starting to look slightly brownish. If it starts browning sooner it's done, but if it doesn't brown at all after 6 hours don't worry, it's done anyways (Some strains stay very green no matter what)
Strain through nylon stockings into a bowl
Place bowl in fridge over night. The next morning the butter will be nice and hard on top. Just pull it off, place on a paper towel to soak up any clinging water and you're done.
1/2 cup of cannabutter will make about 25 cookies (one cookie will be a good dose, so make sure you give it time to kick in before you decide to eat another!)

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
20-11-2011, 10:15 AM
(19-11-2011 08:04 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  My Cannabutter recipe:

For each ounce of dried shake (or 4 oz wet shake), very well ground add:
1 cup (1/2 pound) butter
enough water to just cover
turn on the slower cooker on low.
Stir after 1/2 hour, after 1 hour, then every 1 1/2 hours after that.
after 6 hours the bud should be starting to look slightly brownish. If it starts browning sooner it's done, but if it doesn't brown at all after 6 hours don't worry, it's done anyways (Some strains stay very green no matter what)
Strain through nylon stockings into a bowl
Place bowl in fridge over night. The next morning the butter will be nice and hard on top. Just pull it off, place on a paper towel to soak up any clinging water and you're done.
1/2 cup of cannabutter will make about 25 cookies (one cookie will be a good dose, so make sure you give it time to kick in before you decide to eat another!)

Thanks, Stark. I'm dusting off the old slow cooker right now!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
21-11-2011, 07:36 AM
@ Stark

Isn't "no one" spelled like this, wouldn't "noone" be more like 12:00 AM... Smile You can never lace weed with LSD, the LSD molecule is too unstable, it will disintegrate before fire even reached it. If you leave it on the sun for a few hours, it is completely wasted. Coke and PCP can be used to "boost" the weed.

@ defacto7

You are only the second person I've met (both online) that doesn't smoke, but eats weed. I tried it couple of times and it is better than smoking, lasts longer and feels more mellow. We did it the most simple way possible, we took a bit of butter, put weed in it and heat it up slowly, on low temperature until the butter became light brown. Then we put in some chocolate for cooking and wait for it to melt, after we would just eat the chocolate and called it chocoweed. The taste was pretty good, crusty weed in chocolate. Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
21-11-2011, 07:47 AM
"Noone" was a typo, not a mis-spelling. And no it would not be 12am. That would be spellled "noon". As for the acid thing, I didn't know it was so unstable. That's pretty crazy that a few hours in the sun and it's wated. Can you imagine. "Fuck! I knew the beach was a bad idea!!" lol.

21-11-2011, 09:42 AM
(18-11-2011 10:24 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-11-2011 09:40 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  Any growing tips for me during the winter bros?

Are you growing in dirt or hydroponics?

dirt
22-11-2011, 02:50 AM
@ Stark

I saw you write "noone" a lot of times, that is why I'm asking.

About LSD, yes it is very unfortunate that it can be easily destroyed. That is why you need to get it while it's new, after a few months it's not that good anymore, no matter how well you take care of it. The best way to store it is in a plastic foil, dark, no moist and cold. So a fridge in a plastic foil and small container would be good. Keeping it in a drawer is not good. Keeping it in alu-foil is bad as well, aluminum has some kind of chemical reaction with LSD molecules and it helps disintegrate it quicker. Paper is maybe the worst think to keep it, for all the obvious reasons.

Now back to the subject... What's the deal with evaporators? Does anyone have any links to buy one online and for you who used it, can you describe how is it? Better that bong/pipe? Why? what do you prefer to smoke, pipe, bong, evaporator or classic joint?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
22-11-2011, 01:45 PM
(19-11-2011 01:54 AM)defacto7 Wrote:  Ok, you guys are gonna think I'm a real dweeb. You will laugh and scoff at me because I am so weird and not cool like the rest of you but, but... I don't smoke it...... I EAT IT!

I cook it, I make spaghetti sauce with it. I strain it in warm milk, I put it in delicious German baked goods... Pancakes, waffles, sloppy Joes, Chinese food, double chocolate brownies, in my breakfast cereal, brew it in my coffee, I love it cooked in a flan...

Now this is what I call a flavor enhancer! NO MSG!

People who don't realize you can eat the stuff are dweebs. Big Grin

It's a different kind of high, in my experience. I'm also a smoker; thus spinning one up is just the "natural" thing to do. Smile

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Damn,
I missed half of this discussion while I was eating about the whole content of my fridge. Wink

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
23-11-2011, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2011 06:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-11-2011 08:04 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Tricomes (ie resin/the stuff that gets you high/THC) indeed dissolve in alcohol. In fact alcohol (or other solvents) and fat are the two ways to extract THC. Dissolving it in booze, however, is very innefficient. It works, but not great. Dissolving in pure alcohol (Isopropyl 99%) is how you get oil. Using butane gives you honey oil, and so on. The difference is using a solvent means you can easily remove the solvent, leaving you with a concentrate. Using fat leaves the THC suspended, but also makes it available to the blood stream by slowing the digestion of the THC.

Basically what I'm getting at is: don't waste good bud or even good shake on booze.

I don't think I agree. I mean Everclear is readily available in my area and has gotta be a much more efficient solvent than fat.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
23-11-2011, 07:38 PM
(23-11-2011 06:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-11-2011 08:04 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Tricomes (ie resin/the stuff that gets you high/THC) indeed dissolve in alcohol. In fact alcohol (or other solvents) and fat are the two ways to extract THC. Dissolving it in booze, however, is very innefficient. It works, but not great. Dissolving in pure alcohol (Isopropyl 99%) is how you get oil. Using butane gives you honey oil, and so on. The difference is using a solvent means you can easily remove the solvent, leaving you with a concentrate. Using fat leaves the THC suspended, but also makes it available to the blood stream by slowing the digestion of the THC.

I don't think I agree. I mean Everclear is readily available in my area and has gotta be a much more efficient solvent than fat.

Everclear is a more efficient solvent than, say, vodka. But fat is not a solvent. Fat is a suspention agent. When you use a solvent to remove THC from the plant material, you can then remove the solvent for a concentrate. Leaving it suspended in something like everclear basically leaves you with a concentrate dissolved in a drinkable liquid (in this case, alcohol). But when using fat, the THC is absorbed, and you can't actually remove the fat after seperating the THC from the plant.

Fat is extremely efficient at absorbing the THC when heated (never too hot though, or the THC will evaporate). It is difficult to compare a solvent extracted concentrate with a fat absorbtion, unless you do a very careful dosage comparison. Much like the comparisons I've done, but to really know which method gets the best bang for your buck you'd have to put a measured sample into a gas chromatograph to accurately measure the THC.

However, here's my findings:

From one cup of butter, made with 2 ounces of product I get about 100 doses. (A dose is just what I call the "right" amount) From the same product, using the same 2 ounces, and extracting with isopropyl alcohol, I only get about 70 doses.

Remember though, the "high" is very different. From the canna butter, yuo will have a much longer stone, that is more body, with a much slower onset. From the iso oil, you'll get a shorter lived head high, with a quick onset. So it's not just about how much you get from you're two ounces, but also what type of effects you seek. Of course the strain also plays a very big role, but this is generally speaking, from using the exact same product with two different methods.

This is why my cancer patient much prefers edibles, since her main goal is the rest that comes with a strong body stone (not to mention the healthier method of ingestion, ie digestion vs inhalation) That brings us to another added benefit to fat absorbtion: the ability to digest it effectively. With concentrates, most of the THC is broken down before any THC reaches the brain, just like with plain old bud (We all have a friend who tried sprinkling a bunch of ground up weed onto his chocolate bar with disappointing results. That's because he needed ten times the amount to get enough to get high, since most of the THC was lost in the digestive system) The fat allows much more of the THC to enter the blood stream.

Shit....did I ramble?

[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Small Things That Make You Smile Thread Hughsie 1,768 48,043 Today 05:23 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Why was today a good day thread Hughsie 571 13,186 Today 04:41 AM
Last Post: Ferdinand
  The Quotes Taken Out of Context Thread Tartarus Sauce 676 13,450 19-07-2014 05:53 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Funny/Random Picture and Video Thread! Im_Ryan 334 6,317 13-07-2014 10:53 AM
Last Post: JDog554
  Another cat thread for Tartarus Ferdinand 124 3,096 30-06-2014 09:27 PM
Last Post: TheGulegon
  The moderator power abuse thread DeepThought 83 1,775 23-06-2014 09:38 AM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Teaching Dr. Itch (Drich) to spell, and the debate with Taq commentary thread Bucky Ball 15 263 13-05-2014 03:05 PM
Last Post: Monster_Riffs