Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
24-11-2012, 05:39 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(24-11-2012 03:30 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(24-11-2012 03:21 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Stark, how did you end up becoming a legal cannabis grower?
It kinda fell into my lap to be honest. I have a customer for my other business who had come to my place to pick up an order. He looked around and commented on my green thumb. We got talking, I found out he was a grower, he introduced me to a patient in need, and the rest is history. Three months later, a whole lotta paperwork and red tape, and I was growing my first plants. When I saw the relief my patient got (she was an AIDS patient suffering from wasting syndrome) I was hooked.

Drastically changing someone's life for the better (Darla is still alive and better than she has been in years!) is the most addictive part of marijuana for me. I will grow, and help people, for as long as I am able. It was worth all the headaches and then some!

BTW, thank you for asking. Seriously. I try not to go off on how great I think pot is, but sometimes it feels really good to have the opportunity to share the good stuff.

Interesting stuff Consider Thanks.

And of course it's illegal. Seriously I don't get it. You can buy as much alcohol as you want, completely destroy your brain and liver, makes you do retarded things, depresses you, kill yourself and others in car accidents caused by it, and it's feckin legal. Then there is pot which can completely change someone for the better and relax you, it's illegal.

Retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2012, 05:48 PM
(24-11-2012 05:39 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(24-11-2012 03:30 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It kinda fell into my lap to be honest. I have a customer for my other business who had come to my place to pick up an order. He looked around and commented on my green thumb. We got talking, I found out he was a grower, he introduced me to a patient in need, and the rest is history. Three months later, a whole lotta paperwork and red tape, and I was growing my first plants. When I saw the relief my patient got (she was an AIDS patient suffering from wasting syndrome) I was hooked.

Drastically changing someone's life for the better (Darla is still alive and better than she has been in years!) is the most addictive part of marijuana for me. I will grow, and help people, for as long as I am able. It was worth all the headaches and then some!

BTW, thank you for asking. Seriously. I try not to go off on how great I think pot is, but sometimes it feels really good to have the opportunity to share the good stuff.

Interesting stuff Consider Thanks.

And of course it's illegal. Seriously I don't get it. You can buy as much alcohol as you want, completely destroy your brain and liver, makes you do retarded things, depresses you, kill yourself and others in car accidents caused by it, and it's feckin legal. Then there is pot which can completely change someone for the better and relax you, it's illegal.

Retarded.
Well, at least it's legal as a prescribed medicine. It's not perfect, but at least it's a step.

I'm actually very confident it will be legal fairly soon (my guess is five to eight years here in Canada)

Interestingly, even some psychiatrists are starting to prescribe it for people to help with anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues. It's a tough situation though, since weed can cause things like anxiety in some people too, but there's been a lot of successful treatments as of late. Glad to see more and more doctors are getting on board and doing their research.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
24-11-2012, 06:03 PM
The only thing that worries me about cannabis is that there are a lot of unanswered questions as to whether or not cannabis does harm to you in certain ways. There hasn't been complete research done at all, and there are a lot of unanswered questions. I won't even be trying it until a few years so hopefully they will have the facts by then.

Got this from Wikipedia. Why I won't start young.

"It was found that the persistent, dependent use of marijuana before age 18 showed lasting harm to a person's intelligence, attention and memory. However, individuals who started cannabis use after the age of 18 did not show similar declines.
24-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Lotsa conflicting research out there too. Most, however, indicates that it's likely detrimental while the brain is still in development stages, so good call.

24-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Official Cannabis Thread
Part of the reason that there isn't much research is that it's illegal to even use it for testing. In the US weed is labelled as a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance. Same category as heroin. Cocaine by contrast is a Schedule 2 drug--less restrictions.
With states loosening regulations in the face of Federal prohibition, I imagine it won't be long until research can done extensively.

I can attest personally for it being great therapy for my anxiety. And since there have been times my anxiety was so bad I wanted to die, I guess I can say weed has saved my life!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
26-11-2012, 05:17 AM
Magoo, you sound too serious and adult. Start behaving like a teenager, irresponsible and stupid. Smile

I would never change my young, teenage drug filled years. I would never recommend it to you or anyone else, but I would also never change a single drug use I did. And I did it all, everything there was on the market, even some things that were not.

As for weed, I really can't tell was it smart or stupid to start smoking at a younger age, but I do not think it affected me in some serious way. It may have, but nothing so strong that I can feel it.

But today... I simply can not think of my life without weed. It seems stupid, boring and without my favorite part of the day, the 4:20 ritual. Because I always have weed, I simply forgot about every other drug there is, I even forgot about alcohol. I quit cigarettes, because compared to the taste of the joint, the tobacco was dry, shitty and it stinks. So thanx to weed, I got rid of all the other addictions and recreations I had and I didn't have to "decide" that, or fight for it, it just came naturally, I just forgot that other drugs exist. Now, I wouldn't take any other shit even if someone was paying me to do it. Except acid, but that does not count.

Big Grin

WEED FOREVER!!

[Image: korsjoint3-150x150.jpg]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
27-11-2012, 02:34 PM
You have tried cocaine and heroin??
28-11-2012, 12:50 AM
I'll rather send you a PM about some things...

Smile

But yes, I have.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
28-11-2012, 09:50 AM
FYI Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Woo hoo! Scooby snax!