Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
28-11-2011, 09:20 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
Shit that's right....thought you were a Canuck too. You're sol for a card brother. lol

Digested too quickly isn't quite right, just an easy (and I guess lazy) way to explain it. Basically, the digestive juices in the stomach and duodenum are the acids that degrade THC the most. By buffering that in fat, the THC gets past that part and reaches the rest of the small intestine, where it is absorbed into the bloodstream instead of being broken down. (even though you are absorbing the alcohol into the bloodstream from your stomach, the THC still gets hit with the digestive juices in the stomach. Lots of it survives to be absorbed, but a considerable portion is broken down into it's non-psycoactive parts first) That's why some medications are better taken as a suppository as opposed to orally. They are better absorbed by that part of the body (or in some cases just quicker) so it's the most effective way to take them.

Just as a caveat, I know I keep saying THC, but what I mean is all the cannabinoids. Listing them would be a pain in the ass, so THC is just shorthand for THC/CBD/CBN/bla bla bla.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
29-11-2011, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 09:50 AM by Erxomai.)
(28-11-2011 08:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm in Maryland dude, we're still trying to work out what "get a card means". Wink

When you're ready to move to the other Washington I'll get you set up with a great 420 Doc. Smile
(28-11-2011 09:20 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  That's why some medications are better taken as a suppository as opposed to orally. They are better absorbed by that part of the body (or in some cases just quicker) so it's the most effective way to take them.

Ok, so this begs the question...are there any cannabis suppositories? I'm not saying I'd be willing to try it. Ok, yes I am saying that.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
29-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Absolutely. There's tons of blood vessels that absorb the THC in the rectum, so suppositories work well. You get a similar high to edibles, but it kicks in WAY faster. Just google "cannabis suppository" and I bet you'll get tons of hits.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
29-11-2011, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 08:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-11-2011 09:20 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Digested too quickly isn't quite right, just an easy (and I guess lazy) way to explain it. ...

Thanks! I got it and I'll check it out.

(29-11-2011 09:47 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ok, so this begs the question...are there any cannabis suppositories? I'm not saying I'd be willing to try it. Ok, yes I am saying that.

(29-11-2011 11:04 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Absolutely. There's tons of blood vessels that absorb the THC in the rectum, so suppositories work well. You get a similar high to edibles, but it kicks in WAY faster.

The rectum is an exceptional pharmaceutical delivery site. Rich in blood vessels to absorb the medicine and bypasses not only the first pass liver effect, but digestion entirely. Just don't try booze enemas 'cause you will die.

(28-11-2011 09:20 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Just as a caveat, I know I keep saying THC, but what I mean is all the cannabinoids. Listing them would be a pain in the ass, so THC is just shorthand for THC/CBD/CBN/bla bla bla.

Yup, got it. Even the non-psychoactive cannabinoids are likely useful to us. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
29-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Has anyone been following the recent research on CBD? Lots of stuff about CBD not being psycoactive, but having an affect on how THC is used in the body. That's not entirely new, but it's leading to several hypothesis that say THC is the only psycoactive ingredient, and the other cannabinoids just affect how the brain uses it. Interesting stuff, but I am having trouble finding any real data on the recent research, so if you know anything about it, or find articles to link, please do.

29-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Hm...
So a bottle of canna-oil and a funnel could lead to a pretty fun night!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
29-11-2011, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 09:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-11-2011 08:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hm...
So a bottle of canna-oil and a funnel could lead to a pretty fun night!

That's gonna lead to a fun night regardless of the type of oil. Wink

(29-11-2011 08:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Has anyone been following the recent research on CBD? Lots of stuff about CBD not being psycoactive, but having an affect on how THC is used in the body. That's not entirely new, but it's leading to several hypothesis that say THC is the only psycoactive ingredient, and the other cannabinoids just affect how the brain uses it. Interesting stuff, but I am having trouble finding any real data on the recent research, so if you know anything about it, or find articles to link, please do.

Sure, just saw something on pubmed today when I was researching your digestion response. I'll try to dig it up again.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-11-2011, 05:58 PM
(29-11-2011 08:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Has anyone been following the recent research on CBD? Lots of stuff about CBD not being psycoactive, but having an affect on how THC is used in the body. That's not entirely new, but it's leading to several hypothesis that say THC is the only psycoactive ingredient, and the other cannabinoids just affect how the brain uses it. Interesting stuff, but I am having trouble finding any real data on the recent research, so if you know anything about it, or find articles to link, please do.

(29-11-2011 08:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sure, just saw something on pubmed today when I was researching your digestion response. I'll try to dig it up again.

Here's the one I stumbled upon. Bottom-line is that THC:CBD alleviated pain resistant to strong opioids in this population while THC alone didn't.

Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study of the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of THC:CBD Extract and THC Extract in Patients with Intractable Cancer-Related Pain

I'll see if I can find some more.

02-12-2011, 09:33 AM
So umm am i the only one that realized that Discovery Channel has a show called Weed Wars Big Grin
02-12-2011, 09:35 AM
(02-12-2011 09:33 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  So umm am i the only one that realized that Discovery Channel has a show called Weed Wars Big Grin

Has that already started? I so want to check that out!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Small Things That Make You Smile Thread Hughsie 1,776 48,506 Yesterday 08:35 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Why was today a good day thread Hughsie 580 13,368 27-07-2014 07:42 AM
Last Post: Filox
  Funny/Random Picture and Video Thread! Im_Ryan 336 6,495 25-07-2014 01:16 AM
Last Post: Pontificate
  The Quotes Taken Out of Context Thread Tartarus Sauce 676 13,480 19-07-2014 05:53 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Another cat thread for Tartarus Ferdinand 124 3,119 30-06-2014 09:27 PM
Last Post: TheGulegon
  The moderator power abuse thread DeepThought 83 1,795 23-06-2014 09:38 AM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Teaching Dr. Itch (Drich) to spell, and the debate with Taq commentary thread Bucky Ball 15 267 13-05-2014 03:05 PM
Last Post: Monster_Riffs