Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
01-06-2013, 01:21 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(25-05-2013 11:54 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  [Image: Grapefruit.jpg]
GRAPEFRUIT

Oh My Xenu! This picture is making my mouth water...and I'm smoking the stuff right now! Can I say what an amazing strain this is? Yes, I can!
And it smells like grapefruit. How cool is that???

Me needs some of this! It's been a long, long weekWeeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
01-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Hey Kid...good to see you!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-06-2013, 01:38 PM
(01-06-2013 01:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hey Kid...good to see you!

Thanks Anj..good to be back, life has been crazy.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
06-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Welcome back KidC. Missed ya!

So here's a question for you guys....how do you cut, chop, grind, or otherwise prepare your bud for smoking? I ask, because recently I had a debate with someone about using a coffee grinder. Obviously, I smoke a fair amount of pot, and a friend noticed I still use a hand grinder. He suggested a coffee grinder, and I explained that I preferred the hand grinder because I like to prepare small amounts at a time to retain moisture, and that I find a coffee grinder releases too many terpines, resulting in a loss of flavor and aroma. He countered with the fact that the consistency from a coffee grinder is perfect, especially for rolling. And he is right. From his grinder he produced a beautiful, fluffy consistency, ideal for rolling joints.

So what do you use? Do you like a fine grind, or a coarser, more aromatic grind? Or perhaps you like to put small but in tact buds right into your pipe.

Share!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
06-06-2013, 12:41 PM
(06-06-2013 11:40 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Welcome back KidC. Missed ya!

So here's a question for you guys....how do you cut, chop, grind, or otherwise prepare your bud for smoking? I ask, because recently I had a debate with someone about using a coffee grinder. Obviously, I smoke a fair amount of pot, and a friend noticed I still use a hand grinder. He suggested a coffee grinder, and I explained that I preferred the hand grinder because I like to prepare small amounts at a time to retain moisture, and that I find a coffee grinder releases too many terpines, resulting in a loss of flavor and aroma. He countered with the fact that the consistency from a coffee grinder is perfect, especially for rolling. And he is right. From his grinder he produced a beautiful, fluffy consistency, ideal for rolling joints.

So what do you use? Do you like a fine grind, or a coarser, more aromatic grind? Or perhaps you like to put small but in tact buds right into your pipe.

Share!

I used to smoke buds, but got a grinder about 6 weeks or so ago and love it. Seems to make my stash last longer too.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
I don't have much to contribute as I personally don't get stoned. No reason just not into the smoke part of it. But I have 7 kids and if I could choose what they do during their teen party years I would choose pot over anything else any day. I totally support making it legal !!!!

Wisdom from my eldest "Life's short... Get stoned!"
[Image: tumblr_m988n0gSY21r984nlo1_500.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like AlaskaMom's post
06-06-2013, 05:08 PM
The old fashioned way - scissors.
Maybe it's time I looked into some sort of grinder although I don't like that fact that once it's chopped down it dries out a lot quicker. I suppose it won't be too bad if I keep it in the fridge (which I do anyway). Er..what was the question again? Confused

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
07-06-2013, 07:36 AM
(06-06-2013 05:08 PM)aurora Wrote:  The old fashioned way - scissors.
Maybe it's time I looked into some sort of grinder although I don't like that fact that once it's chopped down it dries out a lot quicker. I suppose it won't be too bad if I keep it in the fridge (which I do anyway). Er..what was the question again? Confused

Yay! Another low tech stoner, I'm not aloneDrinking Beverage

David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
07-06-2013, 09:31 AM
[Image: 8738_425142767584899_2039779736_n.jpg]

first stem I actually bought here. Tongue

@Stark:

I don't grind, I throw it into the bowl. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Interesting - I don't cut.
I grab a pinch of weed and bunch it up into a teeny, tiny ball. Then, I stuff it into the end of my little three inch, glass single hitter. The little ball is never larger than half my pinky finger nail.

I can often get maybe three or four hits out of it ... and then I don't remember much... or maybe it just doesn't matter.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein