Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
13-09-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
It's "happy hay" in these here parts.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2013, 09:14 PM
(08-08-2013 11:55 AM)Wandering Heathen Wrote:  I am not a fan of Dr. Gupta but he has a undeniable appeal to mainstream America that should help things along.

20 States have a medical marijuana law on the books now....I would prefer full out legalization with a state tax but I think given time we will see that happen in more states.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/08/health/gup...?hpt=hp_c4

Here's Gupta's follow up. Worth a watch.

(08-09-2013 02:33 AM)Filox Wrote:  It's not all about THC levels... Tell 'em Stark!

Stark's proposition that it's all about the THC:CBD ratio and that is driven by the particular affliction being treated sure seems supported. ... For acute dontgiveashititis maximizing the THC seems right. For a little 5 yo girl with seizures maximizing the CBD seems right. Doubt there's any other medication which can be manipulated in such a way to address so many different ailments. Manna from muthafuckin' heaven.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-09-2013, 09:57 PM
In January I hadn't gone more than 5 days without good smoke in... 5 years.

Since March, I've smoked twice.

I really, REALLY want a bong hit. No, ten. And a joint to smoke while grinding the herb for the bong hits. And a QP to stash away for... tomorrow.

[Image: tumblr_mp0nbnCNA51rdublco1_500.gif]
21-09-2013, 06:40 AM
I made some pictures for you'll.

Enjoy.

[Image: jt2ow5.jpg]
[Image: wilero.jpg]
[Image: 14ag21e.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-10-2013, 10:45 AM
I've recently done quite a bit of personal research on Cannabidiol and is looks like others have come to similar conclusions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-/ohio-...34498.html

It is important to know which plant does what and medically, it's all about the CBD to THC ratio. According to my research, Cannabis indica may have a CBD to THC ratio 3–5 times that of Cannabis sativa.

I want to grow for my fellow earthlings in need and for the good of humanity.
Indica is what to grow! Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-10-2013, 11:05 AM
(03-10-2013 10:45 AM)kim Wrote:  I've recently done quite a bit of personal research on Cannabidiol and is looks like others have come to similar conclusions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-/ohio-...34498.html

It is important to know which plant does what and medically, it's all about the CBD to THC ratio. According to my research, Cannabis indica may have a CBD to THC ratio 3–5 times that of Cannabis sativa.

I want to grow for my fellow earthlings in need and for the good of humanity.
Indica is what to grow! Thumbsup
The beauty of today's weed is that we have such a vast choice in strains. Crossing strains gives us even more room to experiment.

Here,s the tricky part.....a 100% indica strain is not likely to be very helpful for most patients. A hybrid is nearly always the solution. Kush is a good example of this. A true Kush is an indica. But you rarely see that. It's usually kush crossed with another strain (we've all heard of Bubba Kush). The hybridization allows a grower to balance the THC/CBD/CBN ratios to treat a patient for their specific symptoms.

For those who are new to it, think thusly....

Indica = stoned (that means your body is affected more so than your mind. This is why we get "couch locked" when we hit the bong packed with bubba kush) This is typically pain treatment.

Sativa = high (that means you mind and thoughts are affected more than your body. That's why we smoke The Ultimate and feel energetic and creative.) This is typically treatment for mood disorders like depression.

Hybrids combine these effects to varying degrees depending on the strains used. Hence the "well rounded" high of Blueberry, Acapulco Gold, Querkle, and their ilk. The hybrids are also most commonly used to treat nausea and digestive issues (IBS, crohn's disease, nausea from chemo, etc.)

Have I mentioned lately that I love the weed?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
03-10-2013, 11:09 AM
An interesting side note.....indica and sativa are not the only two types of MJ. For example, up here where we have a short season, many outdoor plants are crossed with a Ruderalis strain to make them hardier. Ruderalis on it's own produces very poor product (read - ditch weed), but has been successfully crossed with better strains to improve their vigor and growth rate.

03-10-2013, 11:34 AM
My husband had nausea after his series of operations that they could not fix in the hospital, exhausting all drugs available to them, including synthetic dope.

After 6 weeks he was skin and bones, literally, no muscle left, nothing. Pitiful!!

He wasn't eating or drinking and he was so weak he could not even roll onto his side to have his diapers changed, it took two people to roll him and one to change the diaper. It was very, very bad.

So I took him home, sole caretaker only with a nurse dropping in twice a week to change bandages. They had written him off and sent him home to die.

So now my dilemma was that he could not smoke since he still had active pneumonia.

He could not eat or drink.

I got some sublingual drops - he gagged and could not apply them.

What to do? So I finely ground some dope, mixed hot chocolate powder with butter and the dope. Asked him to put it in his mouth and let it melt. He hated it, but in tiny portions (what you can fit on the tip of a knife) at a time, I was able to get it into him. He started drinking juices, then ensure, then whatever I threw in the vitamix long as I made it thin and we moved on from there. Took three weeks to get him eating, but he made a full recovery, plumped up, and after 4 months he was outside feeding his animals and going into town doing all the shopping and errands and everything he had done before he got sick.

Unfortunately lateron we had a second time of him being unable to eat, and this time he was dying. We both knew it, and he wanted no pain pills, besides, he could not swallow them or anything else. And he definitely didn't want to go to the hospital. This time I had a better idea. I put the sublingual in a shot glass, just a few drops, added a tad of water until the whole thing was enough to wet the mouth but not enough to swallow. The last few days he asked for this with increasing frequency, towards the very end I had to give it to him with an eye dropper.

He passed very peacefully and pain free.

I have no idea what type Cannabis this was, he got it himself at the store before going to the hospital the first time. He had never smoked or taken it before in his life, but I leaned on him to get a medical card and procure some. We were both so glad he did.

I should have brought it to the hospital, but I didn't think of it when we left, we were only going to be there for 5 days (they turned into 6 weeks) and the hospital we picked was a plane ride away.

Moral of the story: If you are going in for an operation, any operation, get some sublingual beforehand and bring it with you and don't tell them. You never know. We could have avoided all kinds of shit had we done so. Nausea can kill you!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-10-2013, 11:39 AM
(03-10-2013 11:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  My husband had nausea after his series of operations that they could not fix in the hospital, exhausting all drugs available to them, including synthetic dope.

After 6 weeks he was skin and bones, literally, no muscle left, nothing. Pitiful!!

He wasn't eating or drinking and he was so weak he could not even roll onto his side to have his diapers changed, it took two people to roll him and one to change the diaper. It was very, very bad.

So I took him home, sole caretaker only with a nurse dropping in twice a week to change bandages. They had written him off and sent him home to die.

So now my dilemma was that he could not smoke since he still had active pneumonia.

What to do? So I finely ground some dope, mixed hot chocolate powder with butter and the dope. Asked him to put it in his mouth and let it melt. He hated it, but in tiny portions (what you can fit on the tip of a knife) at a time, I was able to get it into him. He started drinking juices, then ensure, then whatever I threw in the vitamix long as I made it thin and we moved on from there. Took three weeks to get him eating, but he made a full recovery, plumped up, and after 4 months he was outside feeding his animals and going into town doing all the shopping and errands and everything he had done before he got sick.

Unfortunately lateron we had a second time of him being unable to eat, and this time he was dying. We both knew it, and he wanted no pain pills, besides, he could not swallow them or anything else. And he definitely didn't want to go to the hospital. This time I had a better idea. I put the sublingual in a shot glass, just a few drops, added a tad of water until the whole thing was enough to wet the mouth but not enough to swallow. The last few days he asked for this with increasing frequency, towards the very end I had to give it to him with an eye dropper.

I have no idea what type Cannabis this was, he got it himself at the store before going to the hospital the first time. He had never smoked or taken it before in his life, but I leaned on him to get a medical card and procure some. We were both so glad he did.

I should have brought it to the hospital, but I didn't think of it when we left, we were only going to be there for 5 days (they turned into 6 weeks) and the hospital we picked was a plane ride away.

Moral of the story: If you are going in for an operation, any operation, get some sublingual beforehand and bring it with you and don't tell them. You never know. We could have avoided all kinds of shit had we done so. Nausea can kill you!

Just because I've read your story before doesn't mean I don't tear up when I read it again. Dammit Dom, stop making Stark cry!

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
03-10-2013, 11:52 AM
(03-10-2013 11:39 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 11:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  My husband had nausea after his series of operations that they could not fix in the hospital, exhausting all drugs available to them, including synthetic dope.

Just because I've read your story before doesn't mean I don't tear up when I read it again. Dammit Dom, stop making Stark cry!

Sorry, it makes me cry too, but for me the tears are therapeutic. Maybe for you too, you've had a shitload of stress.

I do mean to get the message across though that one should take some sublingual to the hospital. The nausea drugs often fail. Cannabis doesn't fail there. You can't make much progress healing of you can't get nourishment. So, be smart and think ahead and just take some with you. You never know.

I don't mean "you" in a personal way, I mean it in a general way.

[+] 3 users Like Dom's post