Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
03-10-2013, 06:11 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
Figured I'd take a pic of a sativa next to an indica for you guys so you could see the difference. These girls are the same age and both in perfect condition. (sorry bout the ? tags. Perhaps I'll let that cat out of the bag in the future Wink )

Note: neither of these plants are pure sativa/indica.

[Image: 4f839d1d8f3f731402b937849fc6fe84.jpg]

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
03-10-2013, 06:18 PM
(03-10-2013 06:11 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  These girls are the same age and both in perfect condition.

04-10-2013, 12:54 PM
So... I have a question.

Every single American show, movie, whatever seems to agree with the idea that weed makes you talk and laugh a lot, say random things and generally act kinda crazy, as if you're drunk but more lucid and more energetic.

I've never smoked any but I've been around many people who do and very often. There's usually at least 3-4 people and they all never seem to talk or laugh more, they just seem extremely relaxed and not caring about anything.

My boyfriend needs to do it at least twice a day because he says it helps him with stress. To my experience, without it he's in a very bad mood and with it he's like a normal person.

So what's with the "high" I've never seen? I've heard it depends on whether it's sativa or indica (my boyfriend has no idea which one he and his friends are smoking) but still, it's such a huge difference with what I've seen in movies. Could it be due to different strains being imported in different countries? Could it be due to the fact that they've been smoking for many years and they're almost in their forties?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
04-10-2013, 01:13 PM
(04-10-2013 12:54 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  So... I have a question.

Every single American show, movie, whatever seems to agree with the idea that weed makes you talk and laugh a lot, say random things and generally act kinda crazy, as if you're drunk but more lucid and more energetic.

I've never smoked any but I've been around many people who do and very often. There's usually at least 3-4 people and they all never seem to talk or laugh more, they just seem extremely relaxed and not caring about anything.

My boyfriend needs to do it at least twice a day because he says it helps him with stress. To my experience, without it he's in a very bad mood and with it he's like a normal person.

So what's with the "high" I've never seen? I've heard it depends on whether it's sativa or indica (my boyfriend has no idea which one he and his friends are smoking) but still, it's such a huge difference with what I've seen in movies. Could it be due to different strains being imported in different countries? Could it be due to the fact that they've been smoking for many years and they're almost in their forties?

Some of it is that movies and TV present stereotypes that people expect, and they expect them because they've learned them from movies and TV. A big portion of pot-portrayal in film is just rehashing Cheech and Chong.

It's sort of like gay characters on TV vs. gay people in real life. The TV version is an exaggerated caricature, loosely based on the extremes of real life.
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
04-10-2013, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 02:29 PM by DeepThought.)
If I have any I take the more indica stuff. I'm more up and about doingstuff kind of person and the sativa is more of a head stoned. It make my mind spin in circles and isn't very relaxing for me.

I like the feeling of relaxation from the other one. The ratio of thc and cannibinoids is different. I think there are two main types of thc and many different cannibinoids. I hardly ever take it these days though. It would have to be a special occasion or when I have lots of time off work. One thing I dont like about the stuff is the long biological halflife. Also how long the metabolites stay detectable in your body for so long if you get drug tested.

I noticed a diffence in the high when trying different strains. Maybe it is placebo effect but I don't think so. Of course I have no proof.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
06-10-2013, 12:24 PM
So my friends and I went away for the weekend and we ended up in a dutch coffeeshop (yeah, if you ask someone in the Netherlands for a coffeeshop, do not expect a Starbucks). So the guys started rolling and smoking hash and weed.
I can't really smoke, lungs aren't too great.

So I decided to join in and bought a slice of spacecake.
Now I'm a big guy. (6'6", 230lbs) so I thought I'd just eat that thin slice.
Nothing happened for a while.
But over an hour later I totally went out of it.
First I couldn't stop laughing about some things (as one should) but then it went bad.
First I couldn't really move anymore.
Then my vision got distorted.
Then I couldn't see anything anymore.
Then my friends looked over and saw I turned very pale.
They asked if I was ok, I wasn't.
I told them I couldn't see.
They told me to open my eyes.
I thought, good idea, but couldn't do it.
They asked if I had to puke.
I said probably.
They told me to go to the bathroom.
I told them I couldn't, because I couldn't move.
Before they could help me up, I completely launched my dinner all over the bar we were sitting at.
Poor bartender.

TL;DR: On a first go, only take very small bits of a slice of spacecake.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
06-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Shit dude. Sorry you had such a crappy experience.

Edibles can really mess with you if you don't know what to expect. Your Budtender should have asked about your tolerance and experience before selling you edibles. A good Budtender takes the extra couple seconds to make sure their client is getting the appropriate dosage.

Yesterday I made cookies.

For me.

I have some serious tolerance.

So I made em strong.

Oh. My. Fuck.

06-10-2013, 12:55 PM
(06-10-2013 12:54 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Shit dude. Sorry you had such a crappy experience.

Edibles can really mess with you if you don't know what to expect. Your Budtender should have asked about your tolerance and experience before selling you edibles. A good Budtender takes the extra couple seconds to make sure their client is getting the appropriate dosage.

Yesterday I made cookies.

For me.

I have some serious tolerance.

So I made em strong.

Oh. My. Fuck.

Hook a brother up. I'm feeling cranky. Bangin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-10-2013, 12:59 PM
You know me man.....I made plenty!

06-10-2013, 01:00 PM
(06-10-2013 12:59 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You know me man.....I made plenty!

I do know you. Don't eat all your PROFITS!!!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel