Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
06-10-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
Ain,t no profit in this business. Being a legal grower has a great many financial obstacles.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
07-10-2013, 12:33 PM
(06-10-2013 12:54 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Shit dude. Sorry you had such a crappy experience.

Thanks man.
It wasn't that bad until the vomiting. Quite the fascinating experience.
If I have the same product again but eat a little less, what do you expect the result will be? (The vision things and stuff).
I might even be more relaxed if I grab a bucket beforehand, just to be sure.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
07-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Today has been a real drag...I could use a little sample from Starky or Erxy's private stashes Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
07-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Honestly, if you were my patient, I'd recommend NOT eating edibles until you are a little more accustomed to the effects. Edibles tend to not only be strong, but also last much longer.

My suggestion would be to try vaporizing. No combustion means no smoke, but the effects will be very similar to smoking. That way, even if you get "too high" you'll know it will wear off very soon. That comfort alone would improve your experience exponentially. Plus it's easier to take it in smaller doses and gradually get to where you want to be. It's important to control how much you consume. When others decide how much to give you, they will almost always either fall short or give you too much.

Also, edibles really don't agree with some people's stomachs. Could be that the vomiting was a result of your digestive system not liking cannabis.

07-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Dayum KidC, I'm smoking some Chemo right now that'd blow your mind. I may have a new favorite strain. Git yer ass over here and try some!

07-10-2013, 01:20 PM
(03-10-2013 11:05 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Here,s the tricky part.....a 100% indica strain is not likely to be very helpful for most patients. A hybrid is nearly always the solution. Kush is a good example of this. A true Kush is an indica. But you rarely see that. It's usually kush crossed with another strain (we've all heard of Bubba Kush). The hybridization allows a grower to balance the THC/CBD/CBN ratios to treat a patient for their specific symptoms.

Right; ratio is the key. THC seems to effect metabolic rate and I would say acts as a regulator of sorts - that last bit would just be my opinion. The human body is richly populated with cannabinoid receptors, all taking part in system effecting tasks.

I need to look more into CBN and work it into my research, more. I haven't found nearly as much on CBN as I have on THC and CBD - but there are surprising amounts of research done on each, separately and all together.

It's funny - sometimes I won't find any info at all and then, I'll open a door and it turns out to be a floodgate of past research with a plethora of followup. Love it when that happens - it really helps me put the puzzle together.

Proper research has had to sporadically dodge such tremendous bias, it's a wonder it's gotten anywhere. Many of our greatest research scientists have been farmers... and I'm not just talking about pot. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-10-2013, 12:06 AM
And so it is official, I am quitting my college and my job and will be moving to Uruguay...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21...37179.html

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-10-2013, 04:01 PM
I'll see you there! Yes
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
27-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Have some 90's music.