Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
05-11-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
Yeah, Oregon and Washington legalized recreational pot!

Too bad hubby is not around to hear it, we had several conversations about whether it would ever happen.

I am free to grow my own next year - the stores won't open til the year after I think.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-11-2014, 05:52 PM
(05-11-2014 05:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yeah, Oregon and Washington legalized recreational pot!

Too bad hubby is not around to hear it, we had several conversations about whether it would ever happen.

I am free to grow my own next year - the stores won't open til the year after I think.

Don't forget Washington, D.C.! I don't think they are going to allow retail businesses, but will allow personal plants, and possession of small amounts in the home. I think keeping retail out of it doesn't solve the legal issues though. What if I'm not good at growing plants? I'm going to buy it from someone who can which is still illegal. They say people are free to give it away. A bit optimistic if you ask me.

So you going to start growing next year then?? Can't wait for my turn Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
05-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Oh, and it's Oregon and Alaska, Washington got it the same time colorado did Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
05-11-2014, 06:09 PM
So... my state passed it last night. But what I don't know is:

- If it's legal for recreation, is it still illegal with your employer?
- Is there a way around that if it is?
- If that's the case, then that sucks.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
05-11-2014, 06:14 PM
(05-11-2014 06:09 PM)Logisch Wrote:  So... my state passed it last night. But what I don't know is:

Does your company already do regular testing? If so, I'd bet that isn't going to change unfortunately. I think the fact that marijuana stays in your system for so long, they can say you are under the influence even if you aren't currently high, and employers have the right to not want people under the influence on the job.

For example, if you work with heavy machinery, and you're hurt at work they do a drug test, and an alcohol sobriety test. If you have marijuana in your system, doesn't matter if you weren't actually high at the time. There's no way to prove that you weren't under the influence, and therefore at fault Undecided

It sucks I know, but I'm willing to bet that's the way it's going to go.

[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
05-11-2014, 06:17 PM
(05-11-2014 06:14 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 06:09 PM)Logisch Wrote:  So... my state passed it last night. But what I don't know is:

Does your company already do regular testing? If so, I'd bet that isn't going to change unfortunately. I think the fact that marijuana stays in your system for so long, they can say you are under the influence even if you aren't currently high, and employers have the right to not want people under the influence on the job.

For example, if you work with heavy machinery, and you're hurt at work they do a drug test, and an alcohol sobriety test. If you have marijuana in your system, doesn't matter if you weren't actually high at the time. There's no way to prove that you weren't under the influence, and therefore at fault Undecided

Yup. Unfortunately, Smerc nailed it IMO. Shitty, but baby steps.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
05-11-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm actually curious if more employers start mandatory testing when laws like this are passed Consider

05-11-2014, 06:19 PM
(05-11-2014 06:14 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

Not regular testing, random testing. I can't remember the last time anyone was tested. But basically it's usually when someone messes up at work or shows sign of drug use, etc. Where I particularly work I can't remember the last time we did one except recently when we got bought.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
06-11-2014, 07:56 AM
Well, locally the counties and towns all want a piece of the pie (tax) and the state law doesn't provide for it. So they have been passing tax laws in anticipation so the laws will be grandfathered in. They succeeded.

My county says they will be the main provider of crops (perfect weather for it and they have been the growing area for many years and provide all the medical marihuana). So they will apply for special treatment.

This will take some time, everyone smells money here now.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
30-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Maybe this was talked about here before, but I scanned a while and didn't see it. Does anyone know how to make liquid cannabis vapor to use in the same vaporizers as nicotine vapors?