Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
30-11-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(30-11-2014 12:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  Maybe this was talked about here before, but I scanned a while and didn't see it. Does anyone know how to make liquid cannabis vapor to use in the same vaporizers as nicotine vapors?

I don't know enough about the vaporizers but I would think a chrushing & fine chopping, then a soak in some distilled water - to make a kind of tea - and then a fine meshed strain, would get close to what you'd want.

I'd love to grow ... and I know for a fact I'd give nearly all mine away. I want to do it to contribute to the research. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-11-2014, 04:27 PM
The resin that contains all the good stuff isn't soluble in water.

The basic method for making cannabis oil is to strip the resin from the plant with a solvent, most commonly isopropyl alcohol. The solvent is then removed through evaporation. Once the solvent is gone, you are left with cannabis oil. Quality depends on dozens of factors, most importantly, filtration.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
30-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Cannabis oil?? I didn't even know that was a thing! Of course that doesn't mean much considering I've never even smoked pot. Geeze...I didn't realize I had been wearing such a halo over my head. Looks like I need to go visit someone in a legal state!!
[+] 1 user Likes TN Skeptic's post
30-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Cannabis oil mixed with grape seed oil (about 40:60) and heated gently for about 15 minutes. 1/8 tsp in a gel cap. No smokey. No drinkey. Just three hours of being One with the couch.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
30-11-2014, 08:08 PM
(30-11-2014 04:27 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The resin that contains all the good stuff isn't soluble in water.

The basic method for making cannabis oil is to strip the resin from the plant with a solvent, most commonly isopropyl alcohol. The solvent is then removed through evaporation. Once the solvent is gone, you are left with cannabis oil. Quality depends on dozens of factors, most importantly, filtration.

So, you soak your buds with the iso for a while, filter the liquid, then wait for the iso to evaporate. Then mix your oil with grape seed oil and heat in a pan on a really low setting for about 15 minutes, and I assume use like an eye dropper to fill gel caps? Consider

Sounds like a lot of delicate work (much more delicate than my adventure with the cannabutter Laugh out load ). Do you get a better bang for your buck converting to cannabis oil than to butter? Even adding some keif to my butter I was only getting about half the potency of just smoking what I'd converted Undecided did three batches just in case I didn't let the slow cooker go long enough. Didnt notice much discernible difference with extending the time in my crock pot.

If converting to oil is a little better exchange rate, I may try it. Still looking for ways to avoid smoking if I can. Though, I don't know why I still haven't just bought a vaporizer. Probably the easier solution for someone like me who isn't used to this kind of tinkering.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
30-11-2014, 09:11 PM
There's LOTS more to it. Plus, without proper recovery equipment and good safety training, the process is dangerous. THere's obviously plenty of tutorials out there on the interwebz, but I actually don't advocate people making there own concentrates. It's just not something that's safe to do outside a lab.

[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
30-11-2014, 09:17 PM
My bro in law just came back from a trip to Colorado, his first trip. Had some edibles which I tried, nice mellow body high. Had some bud, which he had a coupon for when he got to the shop so he got to pull from the "coupon bud". I didn't try it, he said it was good, but not anything to write home about.

The coolest thing he had was the "E-cig" he got. Good high, not mindblowing but he only spent $15 on the thing and it lasted him over a week. The best thing about it was on thanksgiving. He pulled it out in the living room when everyone else went into the kitchen or was elsewhere for the moment. We passed it around a couple times and quickly hid it when someone came in. I thought for sure someone would smell something, but for the next five minutes everyone who came through didn't even notice a thing, even those who used to smoke and I was sure would smell it.

That was fucking cool. Looking forward to the day that I can legally purchase something like that here.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
30-11-2014, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 02:18 PM by Clockwork.)
Re: Official Cannabis Thread
I'm one of the few who have never smoked it. But I wholeheartedly support its legalization.
02-12-2014, 02:15 PM
(30-11-2014 09:17 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  My bro in law just came back from a trip to Colorado, his first trip. Had some edibles which I tried, nice mellow body high. Had some bud, which he had a coupon for when he got to the shop so he got to pull from the "coupon bud". I didn't try it, he said it was good, but not anything to write home about.

The coolest thing he had was the "E-cig" he got. Good high, not mindblowing but he only spent $15 on the thing and it lasted him over a week. The best thing about it was on thanksgiving. He pulled it out in the living room when everyone else went into the kitchen or was elsewhere for the moment. We passed it around a couple times and quickly hid it when someone came in. I thought for sure someone would smell something, but for the next five minutes everyone who came through didn't even notice a thing, even those who used to smoke and I was sure would smell it.

That was fucking cool. Looking forward to the day that I can legally purchase something like that here.

That's what I am after, the ecig - that is not smoke, it is vapor. Guess I'll have to wait til the stores open mid next year.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Ok, I have been studying vaporizers at gotvape. I am utterly and completely confused. Spending $400+ is crazy - is that what works? What about the whips? Years ago I had a glass vapor thingie that looked like a whip but worked by itself - the whip descriptions here have all listed what they are compatible with - can they be used by themselves or not?

Oh, I am so confused, that store seems to have everything but isn't exactly informative...

Shocking

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man