Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
04-07-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(04-07-2012 10:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  How do you know fatty food will make you fat?

They don't. Refined carbohydrates made me fat. Fatty foods (like cheese) keep me svelte. (Okay maybe not svelte but at least not morbidly obese. Wink )

(04-07-2012 10:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  How do you know cigarettes will cause cancer?

A cigarette a day won't do dick to you. Safer than living in the smog of a major city.

(04-07-2012 10:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  How do you know sugar can cause diabetes?

It doesn't, it's the associated weight gain which causes it. But I'll give you that one but only because sugar is fucking evil.

(04-07-2012 10:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's all fun and games until the receptors in your brain start to get fucked over and memory loss ensues, as well as damage to be able to learn new things, as well as anxiety and all those other negative shit.

I'll fuck up my receptors anyway I want, thank you very much. You may prefer to leave your earmuffs on, but I prefer to stretch the limits of my perception. To each his own. Didn't prevent me from graduating magna cum laude from a top 10 CS university, hell, it probably helped.

(04-07-2012 10:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So sure, a joint after work or some E on the weekends may seem harmless, but it all adds up.

No, it doesn't. It's only additive if you don't allow time for it to clear.

Jeez Louise muffinears, didn't know you was such a prude. Tongue

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Here's some good info. And yes, it is from a "pro-marijuana" site. Fortunately it's all backed up by the studies mentioned in the footnotes. And it not only addresses myths associated with bad stuff, but also provides actual information about the negative effects of weed as well.

Hope you find it interesting!
http://norml.org/library/health-reports/...ythology#5

EDIT: not sure why it linked to the bottom of the page, but just go to the top and start there. (maybe I was too stoned when I copied the link Wink)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-07-2012, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 03:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-07-2012 03:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Here's some good info. And yes, it is from a "pro-marijuana" site. Fortunately it's all backed up by the studies mentioned in the footnotes. And it not only addresses myths associated with bad stuff, but also provides actual information about the negative effects of weed as well.

Hope you find it interesting!
http://norml.org/library/health-reports/...ythology#5

EDIT: not sure why it linked to the bottom of the page, but just go to the top and start there. (maybe I was too stoned when I copied the link Wink)

Nice. Thumbsup

"One survey of 1023 emergency room trauma patients in Baltimore found that fully 34.7% were under the influence of marijuana, more even than alcohol (33.5%); half of these (16.5%) used both pot and alcohol in combination."

Duh. No one should venture into Baltimore without an experienced guide. Be like climbing Everest without a Sherpa. Big Grin

#sigh
04-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Muffs, it looks like you've been taken in by the propaganda!

[Image: ReeferMadnessPoster.jpg]
[Image: ReeferMadness4.jpg]

Still waiting for the weird orgies to start. Blush

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
04-07-2012, 06:27 PM

Should of brought this out in convo earlier Angel

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
05-07-2012, 12:33 AM
(04-07-2012 11:21 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Lmao, wow, looks like you really do have earmuffs on. If you don't have an answer, it's ok to say so dude. Heck, you may even learn something.

Oh, and I know things because evidence points me in that direction. When new evidence arises, I alter my opinion accordingly.
Actually it was an answer.
Seeming you guys are gonna be nitpicky so shall I. You said "how do I know it is bad for you", and so I told you. I know it is bad for me the same way I know fatty food is bad, cigarettes, sugar etc.., through education and research.

You can put up websites all day saying how weed is good for you or whatever, but the thing is I can put up websites all day saying how weed is bad for you and causes all these negative effects.

This is your brain we are talking about, your health and I am just saying that yeah it may be okay, but the fact remains that it may also not be okay and so why would you even want to take that risk? Cancer, anxiety, depression, bipolar, memory loss etc.. why would you knowingly want this upon yourself?
You can scream propaganda all day but facts are facts and the facts point to these things if you like it or not.

And this is just effects on you personally, there is still the issues of pregnancy complications as well as it being "a gateway" drug in wider society. Driving under the influence of drugs etc... There is more to drugs then just you smoking a joint after work.

Oh and just food for though, that link you posted Star Raving, yea it's 18years old.
05-07-2012, 03:33 AM
Yes earmuffs. I suppose it was an answer. A bad answer at that. One you got called on. But don't worry, your ego will heal over time.

It's funny you mention cancer, anxiety, depression, etc. You do realize these are things that doctors are treating with cannabis, right? And I mean actual doctors. People who not only rely on research, but actually DO research.

Really dude. The propaganda is coming from the anti-MJ fanatics. But if you'd actually read my 18 year old link you may have caught a glimpse of that. And speaking of that link, it's one of many, and I'm not sure how age invalidates research. It's like saying that you think vitamin C is bad for you because the most recent research indicating it's good is too old for your liking. Then you turn around and start talking nonsense like the gateway drug argument, which is about as valid as a Christian claiming the bible is the word of god because the bible says it's the word of god. I mean shit dude, the gateway drug was one of the biggest, and most thoroughly debunked pieces of propaganda put out by the government.

Pregnancy? Driving while impaired? If you think for a second anyone here has implied doing weed while also being pregnant or driving is ok then you need to give your head a shake.

Here's what it comes down to. It doesn't matter if you drink or smoke. What matters is that you have the right to. It's up to you whether you put those intoxicants in your body. Cannabis is clearly (yep, I said clearly. Do as much unbiased research as you like. It ALL points towards both of those being exponentially worse than pot) not as bad, and yet prohibition continues. I don't think you should smoke weed. I do think you should be able to make that choice for yourself.

One last thing earmuffs. If you're gonna start calling down information people provide, you really should start providing better info to back yourself up. I got no problem with you pointing something out and saying, hey man, I got something here that seems to contradict that. Have a look see. I'll look, conversation will ensue, and we'll both walk away better informed. But the whole, "I know it's bad for me because I know other stuff is bad for me" thing is, frankly, beneath you.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
05-07-2012, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 04:04 AM by Filox.)
Hell no, I did not just see this... OK, Earmuffs, I consider to be a great guy, funny and intelligent (no homo), I can understand your views on banks (economy) and Enterprise (I'm just joking a bit there with you), but this is wrong in so many ways.

We can find all sorts of evidences why fatty food is bad, why sugar is bad, but can you show me how weed destroys my receptors in my brain? Because I can give you the medical research that proves how weed is used and researched for regenerating the brain and the rest of grey cells. It is being used to treat illnesses as Parkinsons, Alzheimers and multiple scleroses, because it helps to REGENERATE brain cells.

Oh you do not believe me? Of course you wouldn't, it's me, why trust me? But would you believe someone who grows weed professionally and doctors and hospitals buy that from him for treating all sorts of illnesses?

Would you believe the 700 medical studies made about the benefits of weed? We have all those linkss in this topic already, so please, do search for them.

I have been smoking every day for the last 15 years, more or less, and I have no problems in my life. Mental or physical, I am completely fine. 15 years is a looooot of time and weed. Do I need to smoke? No. Do I want to smoke? Yes. Does it have any ill effects on me and my body? No. Do I feel some good effects because of it? Yes.

Please, please, please, do not be stubborn and biased here, not in front of all us experts and "experts". I promise I will not make fun of Enterprise anyone, just read some more info that Stark gave you, or watch some documentaries, anything.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
05-07-2012, 04:40 AM
(05-07-2012 03:33 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm not sure how age invalidates research.
Actually, it kinda does. There must have been a bunch of work done since then. Things that were thought 20 years ago concerning various medical drugs turn out to be untrue, sometimes the drug has to be taken off the market because of a previously unknown side effect. There must be studies citing the paper you linked to, either saying "yes we found the same" or "this fucker's science is up the pole" Tongue 18 years old is quite old for a paper. It's not *bad* in any way at all, there are thousands of papers which are still cited today from way back, but using it in support of an argument like this... what does *current* research say. Just my 2 cents Tongue Acting like I know something Big Grin
05-07-2012, 04:45 AM
And what about 5000 years of history and known usage of the plant? Does that count? In 5000 years of usage not a single death caused by the plant. Does that count, or do we need yesterdays news? Sometimes mother history is the best example, better than something new and still not tested long enough.

Just my 2 cents, I am overly biased, but what the hell...

Big Grin

[Image: south-park-drugs-are-bad.jpg]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post