Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
10-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Official Cannabis Thread
Hey gang,

I`ve noticed a lot of threads about pot, and sometimes when pot gets brought into a thread it derails it pretty bad. I`m all for the evolution of conversation, but figure we may as well have a thread where people can discuss everything marijuana. That way we all know where to go to discuss it, whether it be about smoking it, what it is, it`s medical properties, or just what you like or dislike about it.

In another thread, sy asked about THC, so I`ll kick the thread off by addressing his question.

THC is the most active component in MJ. It is not, however the only one. There are many cannabinoids, and THC is just one of them. The other most commonly known cannabinoid is CBD. CBD doesn`t appear to have a direct effect, but rather it affects the way our body takes up and uses THC. It`s all about the ratio of THC to CBD. When the ratio of CBD is higher, MJ tends to have a more relaxing, mellow effect, wheras a lower CBD to THC level has a more energetic high. It is likely that CBD redirects more THC to the relaxation cannabinoid receptors in the brain. Most other cannabinoids work on their own, but most of them don`t have an intoxicating effect. Instead, they stimulate different parts of the brain, which is why some evidence points towards anti-cancer properties in MJ. This evidence is as of yet inconclusive though. Those that claim weed cures cancer are not stating fact. They are doing what so many do with information that suits their particular desires. They are running with it before it`s been proven.

K, theres my ramble for now.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
10-11-2011, 09:35 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
I personally would be very interested in what we were discussing in the other thread, about weed causing anxiety. I think most of us have the stereotypical idea of a stoner being a very mellow guy Smile so it would be interesting (to me at least) to understand what kind of (if any) neurotransmitters are involved, what parts of the brain are affected, etc.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
10-11-2011, 09:50 PM
I posted these on an older thread, but I'll pop them in as playable on this thread.

Dr. Mechoulam, Cannabinoid System in Neuroprotection

Dr. Melamede, Holistic Biochemistry of Cannabinoids

Dr. David Bearman, Dr. Donald Tashkin, Dr. Donald Abrams, Dr Robert Sterner,
Medical Cannabis and it's Inpact on Human Health

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” -Siddhārtha Gautama
"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” -Lao Tzu
"...thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..." -Jesus
[+] 1 user Likes Thinking about Myths's post
10-11-2011, 10:09 PM
I can tell you from years of heavy experience that te high you get is definitely dependent on the mood you are already in. Whether its shitty weed or primo stuff or stuff that tastes like candy if you are alread y stressed out pot is more likely to intensify those feelings. You'll still likely be lazy about everything but I always found that if a particular though was bothering me and I got high it would haunt me. Your receptors to creativity are definitely more active but I think that's partially because your ability to control your thoughts is hampered. You won't do anything about it but it will still be a shitty event. Not chill like you probably want. Still like Statk was saying, you can get different strains to point you in different directions to help.
I remember just before I quit for good and had already stopped selling the stuff my town had hit a shortage an the only pot I could get my hands on was of seriously dubious quality. I actually ended up giving away a lot of weed due to the fact that no matter what mood I was in it always made me fucking paranoid and worried.
Be aware is the best advice for buyers. Know who you're buying from and where they get it. Especially these days as dealers are so much more shady than I ever was let me tell you. Your stuff can be laced with all sorts of highly addictive drugs. Don't trust your dealer. Even went they are your friends.
It would be nice to see the production and sales of marijuana fall under government control. Something I never thought I'd say but marijuana is the most harmless of all the drugs both legal and illegal that aren't prescription out there and it is a shame that it isn't as safe as it once was. The harmless thing I said might be more opinion than fact so don't quote me on that.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
10-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Don't give me that "pot is harmless drug" crap!

I'm telling you, pot is wonder drug like aspirin, the only difference being, aspirin will kill you. Big Grin

Now that we got that outta the way:

And don't gimme no mainstream science! Fringe is gonna conquer this topic. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
11-11-2011, 12:42 AM
I have to agree with what both Stark and Lucradis have said up to now. It really does depend on your level of respect.......respect for yourself and what you put into your body and respect for the plant.

Over here in the UK my experince is that it isnt grown respectfully......as in most of the time the crops do not get "washed" through with pure water to remove any additives.......instead they are simply harvested to meet the demands which means that when you smoke it you are also ingesting high levels of toxicants which are not any good for you whatsoever.

Over the time I have been smoking it I have watched the demand from "Skunk" change to "Super Skunk".......these strains offer higher levels of THC and they now saturate the market. Again I see this as a lack of respect as the "super skunk" is more expensive and offers a higher profit from each yield. Weaker strains are sometimes dressed up as "super" with different herbal additives being added which could really be anything.......to the untrained eye there isnt a lot of difference.

Whilst I admit that weed and hash are not physically addicitive it can become mentally addictive..........again this all falls down to the reasons why you are smoking it and the amount of respect you give it. Some people self medicate and use it as an "escape" from life.......as in it softens reality, chills you out and makes you think a lot of things are not important......this is very dangerous.

Whilst it remains illegal there will allways be the problems I have mentioned above.....to be a smoker sterotypically you are considered a "waster" or a "hippy" and again this falls down to lack of information seeing as a wide range of people from different backgrounds enjoy smoking it. I know some very clever and intelligent people that grow it respectfully......but they are a minortity. The rest of the people who I know that grow it are involved in the shady underworld of other illegal activities.

Its been illegal for years.....yet this hasnt stopped people from smoking it....which to me seems highly illogical as to why governing bodies do not make it legal and in doing so place safe regulations to its use and distribution. The same can be said for all drugs. This will take millions of pounds worth of money out of criminal circles which could....if taxed properly......be used in the treatment in rehabilitating people who have lost control of use.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
11-11-2011, 01:25 AM
(11-11-2011 12:42 AM)bemore Wrote:  I have to agree with what both Stark and Lucradis have said up to now. It really does depend on your level of respect.......respect for yourself and what you put into your body and respect for the plant.

Good point. My consumption in recent memory was a doob of "purple everything." It was might-t-fine. But Arizona "meth central" - which sux the hog in more ways than one - but one being ya cannot get decent grass without a big ol' search, which is, of course, risky business.

It is simply multidimensional stupidity. My "recreational drug-of-choice" was drawing Gwyneth Paltrow - and I had to stop for a while. It is the rhythm of the universe, the tao of the one to the many; all things in moderation, one thing in excess, all things in moderation... break out yer kit, lets jam!

One can wire this fool up to an EEG and do a study on the effects of Gwyneth Paltrow as love on this tool-using monkey when I draw that girl... the extrapolation being, of course, cannaboid receptors in the brain and mind over matter. A user is one who uses, an abuser is one who gets used; and I am quite certain I will blow my brain outta my skull if I am not careful in the "use" of my Gwynnies.

I mean, there it is. Marijuana is safer than love. Guaranteed. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
12-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Excuse my ignorance because I didn't read the whole thread.

Just wanted to add that aspirin is an amazing drug that is still surprising us to this day!Tongue

Oh, and I'm all for the legalization of cannabis.
[+] 2 users Like Adaptive's post
14-11-2011, 06:59 AM
And here comes number 132965 post on this subject, everyone in a different category... Smile They should be gathered into one thread, I really hate writing same things over and over again and I simply must post on every thread with this subject.

Smile

Will post something smart some other time, now it's time for me to go home and blaze a large one, brother.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
14-11-2011, 10:48 AM
The only reason why i want marijuana legalized is so i can grow my own plants and not have to worry about going to jail for it.
[+] 3 users Like DaylightDusk's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Small Things That Make You Smile Thread Hughsie 1,770 48,103 Today 12:31 AM
Last Post: Dee
  Why was today a good day thread Hughsie 571 13,203 Yesterday 04:41 AM
Last Post: Ferdinand
  The Quotes Taken Out of Context Thread Tartarus Sauce 676 13,457 19-07-2014 05:53 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Funny/Random Picture and Video Thread! Im_Ryan 334 6,322 13-07-2014 10:53 AM
Last Post: JDog554
  Another cat thread for Tartarus Ferdinand 124 3,096 30-06-2014 09:27 PM
Last Post: TheGulegon
  The moderator power abuse thread DeepThought 83 1,776 23-06-2014 09:38 AM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Teaching Dr. Itch (Drich) to spell, and the debate with Taq commentary thread Bucky Ball 15 263 13-05-2014 03:05 PM
Last Post: Monster_Riffs