Official Cannabis Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
26-11-2011, 10:44 PM
RE: Official Cannabis Thread
(26-11-2011 08:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Damn I got to figure out how to get me one o' them consumer licenses. I'm a diabetic with labs saying I got neuropathy, and labs saying I got glaucoma, but really the only reason I want one is for extreme ennui, commonly known as can'tgiveashititis.

That's how I got my authorization.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2011, 06:46 AM
The problem with this thread is in waiting until February to move back to Worcester...

I'm sure Phoenix is good for something other than being warm; for the life of me, I cannot seem to figure what that hypothetical other thing could be. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
27-11-2011, 11:48 AM
(26-11-2011 08:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  99% ethanol (198 proof) is very expensive, it's laboratory grade. 95% ethanol (190 proof) is available at my corner liquor store. Isopropyl is poisonous and I wouldn't drink it or smoke it. Ethanol I consume like daily. What difference can that 4% really make?

I'm not sure how I am being unclear here. Using Iso to make oil does not mean you are drinking or smoking iso. Iso is the solvent used to extract the THC. Then the iso is boiled off. There is no solvent left in the final product. The fact that the iso is poison is irrelevant. The difference that 4% makes is that the 4% is impurities that could remain in the product. Those impurities are what you are going to consume.

I think you are under the impression that you somehow mix weed and alcohol, then drink it. That would be a tincture. We are discussing using the alcohol as a solvent, meaning you use it to seperate the THC from the plant matter, then you remove the solvent by evaporation.

Just visiting.

-SR
27-11-2011, 09:20 PM
(27-11-2011 11:48 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-11-2011 08:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  99% ethanol (198 proof) is very expensive, it's laboratory grade. 95% ethanol (190 proof) is available at my corner liquor store. Isopropyl is poisonous and I wouldn't drink it or smoke it. Ethanol I consume like daily. What difference can that 4% really make?

I'm not sure how I am being unclear here. Using Iso to make oil does not mean you are drinking or smoking iso. Iso is the solvent used to extract the THC. Then the iso is boiled off. There is no solvent left in the final product. The fact that the iso is poison is irrelevant. The difference that 4% makes is that the 4% is impurities that could remain in the product. Those impurities are what you are going to consume.

I think you are under the impression that you somehow mix weed and alcohol, then drink it. That would be a tincture. We are discussing using the alcohol as a solvent, meaning you use it to seperate the THC from the plant matter, then you remove the solvent by evaporation.

Yup, I'm talking tincture. No boiling the ehtanol off. Temperature is maintained at some 168-170F for some 20 minutes. That's a Green Dragon.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
27-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Honestly, I'd never use good weed on a tincture. To me it's a waste, but that's all about personal preference. Only tincture I'll make is a cold tincture intended for pain sprays. (Couple spritzes under the tongue for when pain relief is needed, but smoking isn't an option) Plus, hot tinctures degrade too much THC.

Just visiting.

-SR
28-11-2011, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 07:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-11-2011 09:45 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Honestly, I'd never use good weed on a tincture. To me it's a waste, but that's all about personal preference.

I'm curious to understand your reasoning here. What's the difference between eating it and drinking it?

(27-11-2011 09:45 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Plus, hot tinctures degrade too much THC.

168-170F is a lower temperature than the 350F or so it takes to cook brownies or cookies?

28-11-2011, 08:01 PM
When you drink it, it gets digested too quickly because it isn't suspended in fat, and therefore much of the THC is passed through the digestive system without being absorbed into the bloodstream. Hence the waste.

Brownies are not the greatest way to eat, since they have to be baked for too long. Cookies, or other edibles that only spent 4 or 5 minutes in the oven are best, since it takes a little time for the THC to break down at those high temps. And again, the THC in suspention is like putting a protective layer around it, which is helpful at high temps as well as in the digestive system. Heating THC in an alcohol tincture loses more THC because the alcohol doesn't slow the breakdown, while fat does.

I'm really not trying to yank your chain here man. It may seem like I'm trying to shoot everything you say down (and to be honest, it kina feels like you're doing that to me) but I'm not. It's just that I know my shit when it comes to this topic. I have to know how cannabis acts, or else I'd just be Joe Bloe pot grower. I'm not. My job is to provide cannabis as an effective medication. Sure I like getting high, but my growing is on a way different level, so it's something I am very educated about.

Just visiting.

-SR
28-11-2011, 08:06 PM
PS: how come you can't get a card? Everything else aside, if you have documentation that you have glaucoma that's all you need. It's a myth that a doctor has to "sign a prescription". Any 420 friendly doc can sign a recommendation with documentation, and that's all you need. (If you want a hand, PM me. I've helped several people through the Health Canada red tape bullshit)

Just visiting.

-SR
28-11-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm starting to get the idea that you might smoke pot once in a while Stark.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
28-11-2011, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 08:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-11-2011 08:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It's just that I know my shit when it comes to this topic. I have to know how cannabis acts, or else I'd just be Joe Bloe pot grower. I'm not. My job is to provide cannabis as an effective medication. Sure I like getting high, but my growing is on a way different level, so it's something I am very educated about.
Yeah, I got that brother. I'm just trying to prod your expertise out of you as it relates to my own understanding. No bad blood here. I appreciate it. So I got some more responses.

(28-11-2011 08:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  When you drink it, it gets digested too quickly because it isn't suspended in fat, and therefore much of the THC is passed through the digestive system without being absorbed into the bloodstream. Hence the waste.

But because it is suspended in alcohol, and as a male I can process a good quantity of alcohol and all its associated suspensions from my stomach directly into my bloodstream before it even reaches the rest of my digestive tract, why is that a waste?

"Digested too quickly" doesn't sound right. A medicine can be delivered in various ways, inhaled, intravenously, sublingually, ingested, transdermally, rectally, etc. If they all show the same area under the curve for the same dose, then it's a personal preference.

(28-11-2011 08:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  PS: how come you can't get a card?

I'm in Maryland dude, we're still trying to work out what "get a card means". Wink

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post