Official Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Official Hello
I've been a member for quite some time now, but really haven't been all that big into posting until recently. I've been quote replying quite a bit of you and we've hit it off quite well. BUT, I haven't really gotten a chance to introduce myself, so I figured I'd tell you all a little about myself unless you've already read my bio: My name's Garrett, I'm a 17 year old senior from Kansas, USA. I first came around to atheism in my middle school days when my sister converted me I guess you could say. I'm a pretty athletic guy, I've had several scholarship offers for sports, including soccer, football and baseball. But ignore the jocky side of me, I'm also very into my education. I've maintained a 4.0 all throughout high school and got a solid 32 on my ACT. After I graduate I plan on enlisting into the military in the Air Force branch. My personal interests are: Politics, astronomy, sports, philosophy and conspiracy theories. But you'll mainly see me posting misc. stuff in the coffeehouse. I'm also quite the gamer, when I was a freshman I traveled all over for Halo 3 tournaments, and was officially named a member of MLG after 3 amateur tourneys. But I've since gone casual in my gaming. That's all I plan on putting, but hey everyone! Blush

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." - Abraham Lincoln
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Misenhelter's post
09-04-2013, 08:12 PM

RE: Official Hello
The military wont be using astronomers and philosophers any time soon i don't think. You could go pro in sports (alot higher salary), be a politician, hang out in a buddhist monastary to satisfy yuour philosophy needs Smile. And all of those thing include less of a chance of dying, btw. You got good things goin for you, just saying you should do abit more thinking about some career choices. And officially welcome to TTA!
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 08:15 PM

What am I saying... just do yur own thing! Big Grin
09-04-2013, 08:17 PM
(09-04-2013 08:12 PM)That Icelandic Wrote:  The military wont be using astronomers and philosophers any time soon i don't think. You could go pro in sports (alot higher salary), be a politician, hang out in a buddhist monastary to satisfy yuour philosophy needs Smile. And all of those thing include less of a chance of dying, btw. You got good things goin for you, just saying you should do abit more thinking about some career choices. And officially welcome to TTA!

Joining the military has always been a lifelong dream of mine for some reason. I'm going to be in the Security Forces, basically guarding a base. Tongue My main goal is becoming a US Marshall. While I'd like to go to college and attempt to get my PhD in astronomy, and work at an observatory somewhere for either NASA, or some private space agency, that'll be my fallback plan. Thanks for the feedback. Thumbsup

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." - Abraham Lincoln
09-04-2013, 08:30 PM

Man i felt like my dad there... EEEEEEEWWWWW!!!! I was basing happiness on money, sorry bout dat.
The question is, "What would you do if money was no option?"
now there's some quality lifestyle there Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes That Icelandic's post
09-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Hello, Garret. My name is Steven. Nice to meet you.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
09-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Hello Garret.

Don't listen to A2.

MY NAME is Stephen. Nice to meet you.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
09-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Welcome and congrats on the decision to go Air Force. And on the great grades and the stellar athletic ability and all that other good stuff.

Don't listen to Kingschosen...he is not Stephen.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-04-2013, 09:40 PM
(09-04-2013 09:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Welcome and congrats on the decision to go Air Force. And on the great grades and the stellar athletic ability and all that other good stuff.

Don't listen to Kingschosen...he is not Stephen.

Thank you very much, and they're really going to mess with me... I don't know who's who........

09-04-2013, 09:43 PM
You'll learn the regulars soon enough. If they are teasing you already, it's probably a good sign.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post