Official TTA podcast discussions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Official TTA podcast discussions?
Is there a place to talk about Seth's podcast shows? I'd like to see an official place where a single thread is created devoted to past and current shows. There also needs to be a place for all of the various ways of accessing the podcasts, i.e. blogtalk links, feeds and youtube channel. I download them via an app on my android phone but it took a while to figure out a system to set that up. Where can I share such useful info?

I know Seth doesn't come in here but, given that the shows will always exist on the net somewhere it would be nice to have a dedicated discussion thread on each episode individually for new listeners of old shows. Created only by an admin in here each time is what I'm thinking.

Maybe there's already a place for this? If so, I apologize for my ignorance Rolleyes I guess the youtube comment section also does this but it's not conducive for good discussions and a place in here could draw new members?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2012, 10:10 AM
RE: Official TTA podcast discussions?
Feel free start a thread about the podcasts, if it's popular enough I'm sure no one will have a problem with it being stickied.
Find all posts by this user
27-01-2012, 10:26 AM
I think this is a good idea. I thought about it early on in my stay here at TTA, but then maybe because of my interaction with the forum, I quit listening to the podcasts. If you get us started on a thread, I'm sure there would be plenty of discussion and I'll be forced to start listening again! Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
27-01-2012, 10:35 AM
I have no issue with there being threads for the podcasts but I would want to wait and see how popular they are before giving them their own section. Honestly we've had threads on them before, I even started one back when I was new. Didn't get much attention.
I don't know of its because people weren't interested anymore or because a lot of members don't listen to the podcasts. Either way I wasnt offended because the people here are always talking about something interesting.

As for linking the podcasts to here Im not entirely sure I see the point. The videos are hosted on YouTube and audio is hosted on blogtalk and iTunes.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
27-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Well, I've been listening to the podcasts for a while now and I listened live for the first time on the last show. Did the chat thing and it was pretty active and enjoyable. I guess the youtube format is covering what I was looking for but I just wondered about ways something like that could benefit the forum here. I'm new here and I figured it's been brought up before but I just didn't see anything on it. Some good visibility of the podcasts in here could garner more listeners or vice versa, perhaps.

In regards to listening links, I'll post a thread and share some of the stuff that helped me access it better. Thanks for the response!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  An Official TTA Census? PoolBoyG 159 4,033 10-09-2013 02:27 AM
Last Post: DeepThought
  Suggestions for Podcast AgonsticlySkeptic 0 197 20-09-2011 02:30 AM
Last Post: AgonsticlySkeptic
  iTunes Podcast Submission Dex Luther 2 562 05-11-2010 11:21 PM
Last Post: Dex Luther