Officially....Agnostic

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Officially....Agnostic
No longer a Christian. Why? Because the bible is full of contradictions, that I have been in denial for a while. The whole bible is basically God saying, "I love you with all my heart, but if you piss me off, I'll fuck you up. Beleive in me or go to hell."
This is horrrible, and it is fear based. Not only are there so many flaws in the bible, but it is racist, sexist and much more. I wish I found out sooner. It hurts because I have spent sooo much time praying, wishing, and oing things for "god". I would praise him for other people's miracles, and sell myself short and not take credit for being...me.Angel

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like CaffinatedPuppy's post
01-05-2013, 12:59 AM
RE: Officially....Agnostic
Welcome to the dark side.

I confess that I was wondering if you were teetering on the brink when you joined the forum.

Out of curiosity, why 'agnostic' and not 'atheist'?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-05-2013, 01:17 AM

(01-05-2013 12:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to the dark side.

I confess that I was wondering if you were teetering on the brink when you joined the forum.

Because "atheist" is not a rational position. No matter what, you have to admit there is the possibility of some type of God. So, the most anyone can say is that they simply don't know if God exists or not.

Atheism is a religious position.
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 01:29 AM
(01-05-2013 01:17 AM)Egor Wrote:  

Because "atheist" is not a rational position. No matter what, you have to admit there is the possibility of some type of God. So, the most anyone can say is that they simply don't know if God exists or not.

Pressing buttons is rather agnostic, so pretty much a bad thing for a theist.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
01-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Heh. I was DLJ. I feel comfortable and safe taking this stance. Mabye I will venture out further...mabye not. Life is about finding who you are. Glad to have people out there who feel this way. I noticed, Christians like to bash athiests, and not agnostics. They seem to be okay with that fact...or at least less bothered by it. Ugh, and I have also converted so many dear friends of mine into Christianity. I was a bit deep in it for a while. Now I can't stand the thought of myself hurting others because of my bigotry thoughts. I never thought I would be here.

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
[+] 3 users Like CaffinatedPuppy's post
01-05-2013, 01:39 AM
Very few people deconvert in a day. It takes time.

01-05-2013, 01:48 AM
(01-05-2013 12:47 AM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  No longer a Christian. Why? Because the bible is full of contradictions, that I have been in denial for a while. The whole bible is basically God saying, "I love you with all my heart, but if you piss me off, I'll fuck you up. Beleive in me or go to hell."
This is horrrible, and it is fear based. Not only are there so many flaws in the bible, but it is racist, sexist and much more. I wish I found out sooner. It hurts because I have spent sooo much time praying, wishing, and oing things for "god". I would praise him for other people's miracles, and sell myself short and not take credit for being...me.Angel

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWmMHWmh7QK0D6ZQL03s1...jKyJ0lW-W0]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFzWSTF6fSaDSZULBukW...Q54e-ShuQQ]

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
01-05-2013, 02:10 AM
(01-05-2013 01:17 AM)Egor Wrote:  

By that same logic Egor, theism is not a rational position and you can, no matter what, not call out the possibility that there is no God. So the most you can say is that you simply don't know is a God exists or not.

Your level of hypocrisy throughout your posts continues to astonish me Egor.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
01-05-2013, 02:42 AM
(01-05-2013 02:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Your level of hypocrisy throughout your posts continues to astonish me Egor.

As measured by your pocket hypocrometer ? Tongue

Hey CP Smile Gotta formally notify you that any offspring of yours are candidates for the annual lottery. Every year everyone buys a ticket, and everyone who has kids of the right age has to be prepared to contribute, and then the prize is a festive hamper Smile Those of us who don't have kids have to pay a little extra for our tickets so that it's fair.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-05-2013, 02:46 AM
(01-05-2013 12:47 AM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  No longer a Christian. Why? Because the bible is full of contradictions, that I have been in denial for a while. The whole bible is basically God saying, "I love you with all my heart, but if you piss me off, I'll fuck you up. Beleive in me or go to hell."

Welcome to the land of mental freedom.

And if you need anything from the community just ask.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post