Officially....Agnostic

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-05-2013, 03:11 AM

RE: Officially....Agnostic
(01-05-2013 02:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  By that same logic Egor, theism is not a rational position and you can, no matter what, not call out the possibility that there is no God. So the most you can say is that you simply don't know is a God exists or not.

I don't know if God exists. I believe God exists, and that's where my faith remains. You could technically call me agnostic because I know that we can't know that God is real. We can believe it.

But in the end, faith trumps knowledge.

Quote:Your level of hypocrisy throughout your posts continues to astonish me Egor.

So, are you man enough to take that back? Consider
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 03:28 AM
Fucking Egor... Dodgy

I'm a gnostic atheist through faith, but most of the breed are agnostic atheists, invalidating yer argument. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-05-2013, 03:29 AM
(01-05-2013 12:47 AM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  No longer a Christian. Why? Because the bible is full of contradictions, that I have been in denial for a while. The whole bible is basically God saying, "I love you with all my heart, but if you piss me off, I'll fuck you up. Beleive in me or go to hell."
This is horrrible, and it is fear based. Not only are there so many flaws in the bible, but it is racist, sexist and much more. I wish I found out sooner. It hurts because I have spent sooo much time praying, wishing, and oing things for "god". I would praise him for other people's miracles, and sell myself short and not take credit for being...me.Angel

Hug

Hanging out with a buncha heathens, and next thing you know, it's babies on the barbie. Angel

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-05-2013, 04:07 AM
(01-05-2013 01:17 AM)Egor Wrote:  Because "atheist" is not a rational position. No matter what, you have to admit there is the possibility of some type of God. So, the most anyone can say is that they simply don't know if God exists or not.

Atheism is a religious position.

atheism
Syllabification: (a·the·ism)
Pronunciation: /ˈāTHēˌizəm/
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

atheist
Syllabification: (a·the·ist)
Pronunciation: /ˈāTHēˌist/
noun
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
01-05-2013, 04:24 AM
(01-05-2013 01:34 AM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  Heh. I was DLJ.

Really? I still am.

(01-05-2013 01:34 AM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  ...
I noticed, Christians like to bash atheists, and not agnostics.

As Egor has once again proved (above) Yes

I understand why you would prefer to stay in a safe zone. Fair enough.

Or...

(01-05-2013 01:34 AM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  ...
I have also converted so many dear friends of mine into Christianity.

... your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to convert them back again.
This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Good luck, Jim.

(01-05-2013 01:17 AM)Egor Wrote:  ...
you have to admit there is the possibility of some type of God.

Agreed. Much the same way that I admit there is a possibility that one day I will be able to travel back in time and a get a deep-throat from Marilyn Monroe.

But I don't see any need to waste my life wishing for this to be true.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
01-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Re: Officially....Agnostic
Welcome :-)
01-05-2013, 05:54 AM
(01-05-2013 01:17 AM)Egor Wrote:  Because "atheist" is not a rational position. No matter what, you have to admit there is the possibility of some type of God. So, the most anyone can say is that they simply don't know if God exists or not.

Saying you're Christ and pretending you wrote a book of the Bible isn't a religious position.

It is a screwball position.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
[+] 1 user Likes Abdul Alhazred's post
01-05-2013, 06:03 AM
(01-05-2013 05:54 AM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  

Saying you're Christ and pretending you wrote a book of the Bible isn't a religious position.

It is a screwball position.

Well, being a prophet is being insane. Big Grin

01-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Did the guys who wrote the Bible know they were writing the Bible as such? Or say they were?

I think not.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
01-05-2013, 07:21 AM
(01-05-2013 12:47 AM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  No longer a Christian. Why? Because the bible is full of contradictions, that I have been in denial for a while. The whole bible is basically God saying, "I love you with all my heart, but if you piss me off, I'll fuck you up. Beleive in me or go to hell."
This is horrrible, and it is fear based. Not only are there so many flaws in the bible, but it is racist, sexist and much more. I wish I found out sooner. It hurts because I have spent sooo much time praying, wishing, and oing things for "god". I would praise him for other people's miracles, and sell myself short and not take credit for being...me.Angel
Good for you Smile

When I read this thread, it put a smile on my face. I'm glad you were (and still are) able to tread the waters and listen to your own feeings. Continue to be yourself and take your time learning. Don't look too far into the labels right now.

It's really fun on the dark side; There's so many awesome people Thumbsup

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post