Oh Dear...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: Oh Dear...
(04-02-2013 07:41 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  but if you dont do it you will regret it when shes gone.

This operates on the assumption that I have a conscience... Consider

Even so, the idea of the trip itself is starting to grow on me somehow. I'm trying to convince myself that it'll be a fun time. Maybe see if one of my gals is up for tagging along; that would lighten things up.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 12:04 AM
(04-02-2013 11:27 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 07:41 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  but if you dont do it you will regret it when shes gone.

This operates on the assumption that I have a conscience... Consider

Even so, the idea of the trip itself is starting to grow on me somehow. I'm trying to convince myself that it'll be a fun time. Maybe see if one of my gals is up for tagging along; that would lighten things up.

It is clear that you have given up the fight. No

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-02-2013, 08:07 AM
(05-02-2013 12:04 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 11:27 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  This operates on the assumption that I have a conscience... Consider

It is clear that you have given up the fight. No
lol

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Re: Oh Dear...
I say do it if you have the time and money. It's compassionate - put yourself in her shoes... It sounds like she'd be made very happy if you did (relative to the depressing situation described) and a week is really not a long time. Comforting and caring for the elderly is something I feel our culture lacks.

Better without God, and happier too.
05-02-2013, 12:08 PM
I admit I would have loved to have done something like that with my grandparents. But then again my grandparents were amazing people that I enjoyed spending time with.

I miss them.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard