Oh FFS FF

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Oh FFS FF
Damnit.

I had to uninstall Firefox. It's dead to me.

First it was it's lazy relationship with Realdownloader that bothered me. But I got around that by using IE for those purposes. Lately I noticed that it was slowing down a bit.

I randomly decided to give the Firefox Beta a try, thinking I could test it out alongside my preexisting FF. No dice. It over rides previous FF. Should have read that fine print. It would have been fine, only FF Beta is a piece of shit. For over an hour I tried repeatedly to get it to just fucking load to google.ca. Every time it would fucking freeze and force me to restart my computer.

If I didn't already have issues with FF that were making me think about switching I'd probably try and fix the problem, but fuck it, it's just a browser. I'm a Chrome guy again. Let's see how long that lasts. I have ADHD with browsers. Maybe next time I'll go opera.

I lost all of my bookmarks though. I would have copy pasted but I couldn't get it to load that far. Oh Well.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2012, 02:24 PM
RE: Oh FFS FF
Aww, bummer- sorry to hear.

Maybe you have your bookmarks backed up? Do you still have the following location:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[profile]\bookmarkbackups
Find all posts by this user
24-04-2012, 06:13 PM
yea firefox should have a backup of your bookmarks and if you lost them you can back them up easy and keep them on the cloud next time

even the smartest man in the world is an idiot
Find all posts by this user
24-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Yeah they are gone. Sad But it doesn't really matter. I mostly spend my time on like four or five sites with the occasional deviation.
My bookmarks were full of informational sites that I never really used but liked having.
It's like how I have the hitchikers guide to the galaxy set but never read it. I don't have to I know it by heart. But it's there if I ever want to look at it or show someone else.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user